so casually cruel in the name of being honest
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

They don't have to label it, she's right. But maybe it would be for the best. Labeling it puts them on the same level, in the same book, whatever. Labeling it means they can tell other people. Would she? Or would he be her little secret? He doesn't want to get in the way of her work, her relationships. But he nods, "Yeah. That sounds good.. Can do that." It feels kind of juvenile but that's fine. It's not like he expects to be her husband or.. anything like that. Her partner. They're not like that. Not yet.

His free hand brushes against her cheek, rough pad of his thumb against her smooth skin. The contrast between him and her is something. He's not sure how he feels about it. He thinks he likes it though. "You're going to find patterns where you look for them. Trust me." He doesn't know how to pull her out of her head. He only has soft words and gentle touches for her. He doesn't know if that's enough but he'll try. "You're amazing, Mae. Friendly, caring, kind, sexy, smart, you're all of those things, probably more too. And if people can't see past your job, that's on them. They don't deserve the rest of you." Does that mean he does? Probably not. But he's got some words and maybe some fists for the people who made her feel this way. She deserves better, better than him, better than people who can't appreciate her. But Locke is greedy and he won't give her up so easily.

She steps closer and he pulls her into his arms, a proper hug for the first time since they've met. He tucks her against him, one arm around her waist while the other buries into her hair. His heart is racing as he holds her there, forcing her to feel him. He's here, he's real, he wants her. She just has to accept him or reject him. He's already accepted her. Whore, Madam, Maeve, all of her. He's lost count of how many times he's said it. But he means it and he'll say it until she believes him. "I know I hurt you, and I'm sorry. I was scared. I'm still scared." It hurts, being this open, and Locke doesn't want to be hurt. But isn't a little pain worth it? For her? He thinks it might be.

"But I'll spend every day making it up to you, however you want. I shouldn't have used you that way. I," Locke pauses, caught in his own ramblings, "Shouldn't have used you like that. I wanted you to feel.. Normal. Or, whatever. And then it felt intimate and I felt something I haven't in a long time and I got scared." He's not sure he should be telling her all of this in the middle of a park but that's where they are.

He presses a kiss into her hair, gentle, before tucking his cheek against her head. "Am I a bad idea? One worth trying at least?" Bad ideas are usually the most fun, even when they don't work out. And this can be fun, if they can get through this weirdness. It's a lot, all at once, for both of them. But they'll be alright.
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in-between is mine

Messages In This Thread
RE: so casually cruel in the name of being honest - by Locke - 05-03-2021, 06:21 PM