so casually cruel in the name of being honest
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

The poor guy making their food is just kind of there, waiting for them to get through whatever this is. But Maeve is small and warm, tucking into his chest. He presses another kiss to the top her head before pulling back just a little. He tilts her chin up with his finger before leaning down to give her a proper kiss. He's not one for being open with things like this, feelings, affection. But she's his, in some small way so he'll try. When he pulls away, he bumps his nose against her's, sighing softly.

"Is there anything wrong with trying to make my girlfriend feel better?" He says it delicately, like his voice might break whatever this is between them. Things are tense but better, he things. Something about breaking things to rebuild them, stronger. They're going to have to keep breaking each other's walls down, brick by brick, and maybe with what's left over, they can build something together.

She accepts his hug and he's content to keep her there. Shelter her from her thoughts and maybe his a little bit too. "We can be scared together." Something akin to a laugh, or maybe a scoff, comes from him as he holds her. He is bad for her. He knows it. She's bad for him too, he thinks. It's alright though, he likes it. Likes her. "And I'll take care of you. Make up for.. The rest." Whatever that means. He's not sure but they'll figure it out. Together. That's the goal anyway.

Locke finally lets her go, kind of, stepping back just a bit. His hands find her's and he pulls one up for a kiss and then the other. He'd be more embarrassed about being so touchy feely if he wasn't feeling a little smug about it too. Even if she can't see it, she's a catch and he's the only one who's been brave enough to reel her in. He knows, some day, he'll have to share her but for right now, she's all his. He lets that soak into his bones, easing his insecurity.

Then she reaffirms everything and he laughs too, reaching up to wipe away a stray tear. He hates how much she's cried because of him. Just in general, but especially today. "Mae," He pauses, a shaky breath as he gives her a crooked smile, "I'd like that too." It's not what he wants to say, not at all. But neither of them are ready for that yet so he'll tuck it away, for another time. He drops one of her hands before turning, walking her back towards the food stand.

"Wonder how cold our food is.."
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in-between is mine

Messages In This Thread
RE: so casually cruel in the name of being honest - by Locke - 05-03-2021, 08:48 PM