(RQ) with my sympathy
Elide Pendragon
Researcher / Hunter

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 14 - Luck: 5 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Elide

Elide watches each time as Kiada repeatedly checks to make sure that her throwing knives are in place, but she makes no comment on it. They're in a new place, something not fully explored and still completely wild. Elide won't fault Kiada if she's a little anxious.

She raises thicker brows a fraction and tilts her head to one side. "Or until it tries to grab something else," she counters quickly, "we don't necessarily have to be the quarry." They also don't know the extent of these vines' strength, and Elide would prefer not to find out from personal experience.

All she can do is nod at Kiada's comment, though she's not so entirely convinced of that. The world is a big, mysterious place and they certainly don't know everything about it. Even when Elide feels like she comes close, she's soon reminded otherwise.

Kiada isn't the only one to pick up on the rustling of leaves; Elide's trained ears pick up on it as well, and she stiffens in response to Kiada reaching out an arm to stop her from proceeding. Naturally, she reaches over her shoulder to retrieve her crossbow, her own gaze raking over the foliage. She looks at Kiada from the corner of  her eyes, as well.

Just as the rustling and their baited breath start getting intense, something pops out from beneath a large fern. It's a tiny deer, actually. No bigger than a rabbit. Elide lowers her crossbow immediately and furrows her brows down at it. It seems emboldened enough to look up at the two humans for just a few moments before it's suddenly fleeing back in the direction it came.

"Well," Elide swallows, "maybe if we follow that, we'll find something."

Only, as they do follow it, they will find something. Exactly what they're looking for, actually, as vine tendrils suddenly creep upward to ensnare it. It bleats helplessly and Elide once again goes rigid with a sense of alarm. That sound is likely to draw predators from miles away.

"Quick," she kneels down to begin cutting away at the vines with a knife, trying to loosen their hold on the deer, but they're stubbornly animated.
I have a deeply hidden and inarticulate desire
for something beyond the daily life

Messages In This Thread
(RQ) with my sympathy - by Kiada - 04-20-2021, 05:39 AM
RE: (RQ) with my sympathy - by Elide - 04-20-2021, 10:04 AM
RE: (RQ) with my sympathy - by Kiada - 04-21-2021, 07:08 PM
RE: (RQ) with my sympathy - by Elide - 04-27-2021, 05:07 PM
RE: (RQ) with my sympathy - by Kiada - 04-28-2021, 06:39 AM
RE: (RQ) with my sympathy - by Elide - 05-03-2021, 12:59 AM
RE: (RQ) with my sympathy - by Kiada - 05-04-2021, 04:42 AM
RE: (RQ) with my sympathy - by Elide - 05-08-2021, 02:17 AM
RE: (RQ) with my sympathy - by Kiada - 05-08-2021, 06:01 AM