Desperado
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Level: 5 - Strg: 11 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 16 - Int:
COCO - Regular - Cloud Wyrm
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

Vai didn't know quite what to make of what Remi said about Ianto. In all honesty the alchemist made him sound like a hot mess, and she wondered what redeeming characteristics he must have to make him such a viable business partner. Still, she trusted Remi to make his own decisions, and he had spoken of the fox with nothing but fondness.

"Hmm... If they all did, how did Ianto get out there?" There was, of course, the possibility that it had just been a fox, but Vai had already said she believed Remi and that wasn't about to change.

Arching an eyebrow as he spoke of his dream, the huntress absently smoothed out the soft fur of his back, feeling remarkably at ease to sit and speak with Remi while she pet him. "I sincerely hope that isn't the case. And if it is, do they all have a Spire, I wonder, and a monster to fight?"

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
and i'll let the earth breathe
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 68 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Online
Change author:
MP: 2259
remi
The higher I climb the farther I fall when I do
"If anyone could some how sneak his way out, or talk his way into not being stuck in here, it would be Ianto." Remi replied with a fond chuckle. Her fingers against his spine sent a cascading shiver of pleasure down it, and he wriggled his tail happily in response.

"Endless Spires and monsters." Remi hummed under his breath, more or less kneading his small hands against Vai's legs to curl up contentedly. "If that is the case, hopefully we find out what it takes to defeat it come spring..or..Flowerbirth as it is called here." Remi sighed, wondering if he would ever get used to these new words, people, and places.
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Age: 44 | Height: 5'9 | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Greatwood
Change author:

Vai grinned at the sight of his happy tail, fussing him further and scritching gently at the fluffy fur of his belly as he curled up. "If he managed to sneak or talk his way out, I'd be annoyed that he didn't have the good grace to take us with him," she remarked with a quiet laugh, though she grew a touch more solemn as talk turned to Flowerbirth. Her brow furrowed - remembering the names of places and words were the least of her worries, compared to what might happen when the snows melted.

"I suppose we will have to wait and see," she murmured. "For now, let's just think about LongNight and getting through that. Once it's over, we can turn our thoughts to the Spire again." Granted, right now she wasn't even thinking about LongNight, rather preoccupied with spoiling the raccoon in her lap with attention.

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
remi
Remi could only chuckle into his paws. He did not know much about his copper-haired friend, but it would not surprise him at all to know that Ianto had bartered for his freedom, only to be plopped in isolation on the otherside of the barrier all alone. If Remi was reckless, then there wasn't a word for whatever Ianto was, and while that might have bothered someone like Jigano, it only endeared Remi more to his fox-friend.

The mention of LongNight made the raccoon growl low in his throat. "Do we have any idea how many will want to stay in the Rathskeller? Do we have enough food, or should we go for another hunt do you think?" The trouble was, Remi had heard so many maybes that he really wasn't sure at all how many people could be counted on. What worried him even more was that if everyone was spread out and there was actual danger lurking in the streets, they'd have no way of knowing if anyone was missing or was indeed of trouble.

"I wonder if we need some sort of alarm...or.." Speaking outloud and having not really thought out his thought before saying it, Remi yawned widely in Vai's lap, lulled dangerously close to slumber by the warmth of the fire, her lap, and her fingers on his fur.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

Vai hummed a sigh and shook her head as she considered the number of people who might be coming to the Rathskeller, scritching Remi behind the ear and along the ruff of fur around his neck. "I'm not sure," she admitted. "I think we have enough food and water after the hunts we have done, but I might need to ask around again to get real numbers. Things could get nasty if we're trapped without food. Then again, would people bring supplies of their own, do you think...?"

An alarm might be a good idea, but then again it would risk drawing the danger to them as well. Vai was still pondering it when Remi yawned, the huntress smirking and shifting to get more comfortable with the furry little bundle in her lap. "We can figure it out closer to the time," she suggested. "Looks like you could use a nap right now."

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
remi
"I hope so...though I met two women in the woods who did not even really understand what LongNight was or when it occurred...I do not know how many more there are like that. If they saw the note, they might just show up..."

Perhaps having more on hand would be advisable.

"Mmmm.." Remi rumbled snoozily, shuffling around in Vai's lap until he was mostly belly-up, black-ringed eyes closed and dark lips falling open slighting to reveal small but pointed teeth. Almost instantly sleep overtook him. There was no place he felt more at home, or more safe, than with Vai. And as his body relaxed completely, his tail gave a contended flick.
Vervain Calob
Huntress / Witch

Change author:

Ah, that was a snag. People who might just show up to the Rathskeller because it was more or less a public place - as close to it as you could get, anyway - hadn't really registered on Vai's radar. "Good point. Alright, you and I can go out and make the most of the time before LongNight and hunt us down some more food," she agreed, smiling down at him and arching an eyebrow as he started to shuffle about.

She was more than content to let him sleep in her lap, her fingers working gently through his soft fur while her free hand continued to sip at the tea he'd brought with him. Sometimes mornings like this were just... necessary. And with the snow falling outside and the bitter cold at the door, she would happily embrace it.

{END THREAD}

vervain
well i'll rest my eyes