The Wicked Day [Open!]
Arthur Pendragon
Knight

Age: 30 | Height: 6’4” | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 0 - Strg: 9 - Dext: 10 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 4 - Int:
Played by: Sage Offline
Change author:
MP: 345

Never known a place of peace? How was that possible?

Arthur had known war and violence, so it wasn’t like he was a stranger to the life that she described, but... He couldn’t believe that there was a way for someone to live in a place where such bloodshed was all they knew. How could hope spring from that kind of life? How could light survive when all that was ever known was darkness? Part of him felt a subtle admiration for the girl walking beside him for being capable of having a kind heart when all she had known was fighting.

The way that she reacted to his admission of being king was slightly amusing to him. Formality of corse held its significance to him, and his court probably would have scolded him for allowing any informalities from those addressing him, but he held no prejudices against her, against anyone unless they had wronged him or his kingdom. As far as he could tell, Phoebe had done neither.

”You’ve no need to apologize,” he said with a small grin. She hadn’t insulted him. In fact, she treated him better than the majority of people would treat strangers, so he could think of no reason to hold anything against her.

She went on to speak of the impossibility of returning to Camelot, and while he didn’t allow it to show on his face, her words stung. It was honest, though: he appreciated honesty. Too many people wrapped bad news in layers of cushioning, making Arthur annoyed before they even get to the news itself. Her directness, while painful to hear, was true and kind. Again, not allowing him to hold anything against her.

It did make him fear for his kingdom. His heart was Camelot. He had helped to build her from the ground up. Before he pulled the very sword at his hip from the stone, the kingdom was torn apart in a fight to occupy the throne. Only Merlin’s wits and test of royalty brought the bloodshed to a minimum. Even then, it was a test of the true king of Camelot, the secret son of the late king. How would Merlin and anyone else for that matter manage to find a new king? Arthur had not married, nor even had any bastard children in his time as king. There wasn’t a single person to carry on the Pendragon dynasty. What would become of his home?

He offered her another small smile and nodded once to her offer of helping him adjust. ”I suppose starting at the bottom is something I am familiar with. However, my wizard advisor was my best friend, my most trusted ally. My knights were family. To start over in a world where I know no one...” His lips tightened, and he brought his eyes to her with a forced chuckle. ”Forgive me. I am not exactly used to anything happening that Merlin had not foreseen. He might have been cryptic, but he told me of his prophecies. This was not one of them, so my acceptance of its finality is hesitant to surface.”

arthur
The Once and Future King

Messages In This Thread
The Wicked Day [Open!] - by Arthur - 02-01-2019, 01:05 AM
RE: The Wicked Day [Open!] - by Phoebe - 02-01-2019, 01:15 AM
RE: The Wicked Day [Open!] - by Arthur - 02-01-2019, 04:24 PM
RE: The Wicked Day [Open!] - by Phoebe - 02-01-2019, 05:26 PM
RE: The Wicked Day [Open!] - by Arthur - 02-01-2019, 06:14 PM
RE: The Wicked Day [Open!] - by Phoebe - 02-01-2019, 06:22 PM
RE: The Wicked Day [Open!] - by Arthur - 02-01-2019, 06:48 PM
RE: The Wicked Day [Open!] - by Phoebe - 02-01-2019, 07:10 PM
RE: The Wicked Day [Open!] - by Arthur - 02-03-2019, 08:47 PM