you know you’re nobody’s fool
Saartjie Kahare

Age: 30 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: ali Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Saartjie

The way Sunjata laughed when she asked if he knew how to cook was all the answer that Saartjie needed to know that he couldn't. She smiled as she reached to take the plate from him and he admitted that Nate had cooked. "That makes more sense." she said as she turned and made her way to the small table by the window. Neither of them had learned to cook -- a perk of being nobility. All of their meals had been made by their family's personal cook and it had always been ... extravagant even when they didn't have company for their father to show off to.

Saartjie studied the food on her plate for a minute before she finally began to eat. It was surprisingly sweet and she looked up at Sunjata, her head tilting a bit. "Are these pancakes?" She remembered Jata talking about getting some in the city, but she had never been able to go with him to get any. "They're really good." she said before taking another big bite -- screw table manners.

There was a lot they needed to talk about -- it had been years that they had been separated and so much had happened in the time they had been apart. She just didn't know if she was ready to lay it all out and confront it all but at the same time she was ready to get it all off her chest. Everything had been bottled up for so long and the recent events added to it was just too much. So when he asked how she was feeling she stayed quiet for a minute and poked her fork at her pancakes. "Overwhelmed." She finally answered. "A little scared." Saartjie looked up to meet her brother's gaze and continued. "I don't know how to live outside of Korofi." The idea of having to learn how to live a totally new life was scary, but there was a silver lining.

"But I'm happy too," She said said with a small smile. "Because I finally get to see you again."
but close my eyes for a while
and force from the world a patient smile

Messages In This Thread
you know you’re nobody’s fool - by Sunjata - 04-24-2021, 11:25 PM
RE: you know you’re nobody’s fool - by Saartjie - 04-25-2021, 05:00 AM