you know you’re nobody’s fool
Saartjie Kahare

Age: 30 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: ali Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Saartjie

"I know." She was under no false impression that she was anything more than a bargaining chip in her father and Gaal's political games. They both saw a way to use her to get what they wanted and it was exactly what they did. Pretending that she actually liked had left a sour taste in her mouth, but it had been  a method of  survival and now that she was in Caido with her brother she knew it had paid off. "Daddy dearest was all too willing to give him what he wanted." Even though the whole ordeal had gotten her where she wanted she was still bitter about it.

Being pulled into a hug and held by someone who actually cared about her lessened the sting of actually admitting that she had been a pawn. Her arms lifted and she wrapped them around Sunjata's waist and turned her head so her cheek rested against his chest. She was quiet, just listening to the steady beat of his heart.

He was the first to break the silence by telling her that he was proud of her. "I'm not…" Truth be told she had scared herself. "I was just like him, Jata." Her hand clutched his shirt. "I was just as cold … just as ruthless and merciless as him." and that was what had scared her the most. She didn't want to be anything like Shaju and in that moment she had embodied everything she hated about him. She would do it all over again, though, if it kept Sunjata safe.

When he pulled back she loosened her hold on him and looked up. The armored plates were slowly disappearing and in their place we're feathers. "What's happening? Why?" She brushed her fingers over the feathers. "What happened to you here?"
but close my eyes for a while
and force from the world a patient smile

Messages In This Thread
you know you’re nobody’s fool - by Sunjata - 04-24-2021, 11:25 PM
RE: you know you’re nobody’s fool - by Saartjie - 04-25-2021, 04:50 PM