you know you’re nobody’s fool
Saartjie Kahare

Age: 30 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: ali Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Saartjie

"You sound like her."

It was, perhaps, the best compliment anyone could have or had ever given Saartjie. In her eyes, her mother was a saint. She hadn't had any choice in marrying the man she had -- not like any noble woman really did -- but she hadn't let him destroy her spirit. Everything she did was for the benefit of her children. The woman had taken countless beatings all so that the worst of Shaju's rage wouldn't be focused on them. She hadn't even shown fear when she was staring death in the face. There wasn't a single woman in any noble Korofi house that had been stronger than Sanem. She just hoped that she could make a new life for herself in Caido that her mother would be proud of.

Hearing him say that he could never be like Shaju brought a feeling of relief over Saartjie. She knew exacty what it was to worry about turning into him. Her last night in Korofi had brought out a side of her that was so much like Shaju that it was unsettling. and had actually scared her in the aftermath. She wasn't where Jata was quite yet with being confident about not becoming like their father, but she would get there. Being away from Korofi and the stress that came with that way of life would definitely do her good.

Saar was still lost in her own thoughts when she was suddenly pulled into a hug. It surprised her, but she quickly settled in and nestled herself against Jata, her head resting on his chest. Her eyes closed as she listened to the steady thump of his heart, much like she did when they were younger. She could remember quite vividly, being huddled up against Jata, trembling and terrified, while Shaju screamed at and beat their mother. All her life he had been there, protecting her from the man who was supposed to protect her. It made her sad that he hadn't had someone to protect him. Tears welled in her eyes and she sniffled.

"Me too." Honestly, she had never thought she would ever see her brother again and there were times when she woke up in the morning thinking it had been a dream. "I missed you so much." Too soon, though, he pulled away and she wiped her eyes before nodding. "Yeah, I'd like to see the rest of the house." She paused a moment before speaking again. "...and maybe I could meet Kamaria?"
but close my eyes for a while
and force from the world a patient smile

Messages In This Thread
you know you’re nobody’s fool - by Sunjata - 04-24-2021, 11:25 PM
RE: you know you’re nobody’s fool - by Saartjie - 04-29-2021, 05:16 AM