vivamus, moriendum est
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 26 - Endr: 28 - Luck: 26 - Int:
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
Isla

"Mm, that's correct. And if you'd like to send a letter it would be appreciated - only because I can make sure my schedule is clear. Or even better, I can make sure I arrange certain treatments for when you visit, so you can get some hands on experience as well." Isla grins at Maeve, nodding to the madame and passing her the notes for setting a break before moving onto a fresh piece of parchment for the next lesson.

"Oh, I bet. The Ascended aside, I don't think many of those living in Torchline really care about sun damage," she agrees, already beginning to jot things down. "There are a few remedies for sunburn, depending on the severity. I'll write down some general tips, but I'll also give you the ingredients for a salve that will do wonders for any general burns, including those from the sun." She nods. "Just be careful with anyone who is severely dehydrated. Never let them gulp water, even if they are very thirst, and make sure to use damp towels or clothing. Throwing water on them will shock their system."
sooner or later, we all have to wake
and try forgetting everything
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The suggestion draws a smile from the Madame and she nods easily in agreement, "I'd love to try my hand at a few things. I'll be sure to notify you in advance." Maeve agrees, offering her a smile in return, already considering when might be the best time to head out there, knowing there is still much she has to do here. The Halenani isn't even fully constructed yet. To leave before she finishes that would be irresponsible. Her workers need somewhere to live that's actually theirs and she's going to make sure they have it. Maeve takes the notes from her, straightening the parchment and delicately tucking it away into her basket after carefully folding it in half, less it be crinkled and ruined.

"They absolutely do not." Maeve laughs, shaking her head with a roll of her eyes, mind already going to a few people who don't seem to care much about the sun. "I know how to make a salve from aloe, but anything else would be very helpful. If someone has swallowed water... How do I go about getting them to cough it up?"
And I was catching my breath
Staring out an open window
catching my death
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Age: 32 | Height: 5'7 | Race: Ancient | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Isla

"Perfect," Isla says with a smile. With that settled, then, she focuses on continuing to write the recipe for the salve she's mentioned to Maeve. "Ah, this actually does use aloe," she murmurs, "but there are just a few extra ingredients to prevent infection and things like that. You can tweak it however you like though," she says, before falling quiet to finish up her notes about dehydration and sunburn. Onto the opposite end of the spectrum, Isla furrows her brow, unsure she can do much without a practical example.

"It would all depend on the severity of what happened," she says slowly. "In most cases, if someone has aspirated water and they aren't breathing, you would need to start chest compressions. That is more advanced than basic first aid, though. I can jot down something about the recovery position, but I'll see if we can arrange something when you come to visit?"
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

There is a faint spark of pride in Maeve's eyes when Isla states that this salve recipe shares similarities with the one she already knows how to make. The confirmation that her knowledge, while limited, is still practically is validating for the Madame. "Wonderful. Thank you again for doing all of this. I really appreciate it. Truly." Sincerity colors her voice as another smile curls on her lips, genuine and bright, lighting up her eyes and all it does is cement just how much this means to her. It might seem like such a little thing, but she'll be of more help with all the new things that Isla is teaching her and that was what Safrin wanted.

"Ah... That does sound a bit complicated to just explain." Dark brows knit together, lips pursing in thought, but Isla suggests they might be able to study it more when she comes to visit and that satisfies her well enough. "Perfect. I know there is a lot more you could teach me and I am more than willing to take the time to learn. I think this is a very good start, though."
catching my death
Isla Lockwood
the Remedy
Medic

Change author:
Isla

"It's my pleasure," Isla tells her honestly, a soft smile blooming across her face. "I think everyone ought to know things like this. Even if you aren't committed to medicine or healing or anything like that, even the smallest knowledge of first aid could save somebody's life." So saying, she finishes up the salve recipe, setting that parchment aside, and uses the remaining scrap piece of paper to jot down all she knows about the recovery position and the preliminary steps before beginning chest compressions.

"There," she says, "I think that is about as much as I can do just by word of mouth. Sutures and chest compressions for next time. I'll see if I can get you a kit set up for you to bring back to Torchline with you, when you visit." Suturing needles and thread and fresh bandages are never a bad thing to have around, providing you know how to use them. "Is there anything else I can do for you?"
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

It's easy to return the other woman's smile, the sweet disposition she seems to have infectious, but combine that with the gratitude the Madame feels for her taking the time and it just makes sense. "Very true. I can always hope to not need it, but will be grateful to have it should the need ever arise." Maeve tells her truthfully, taking the notes as she finishes them and adding them to the others in her basket, making sure they're tucked away safely. "I really appreciate all of this. I know I've said it, but it's been a touch difficult finding someone who had to time to spare." Or would be willing to.

"Wonderful. I'll send you a letter when I plan to make my way over there. I have a few things I need to fix up here, but once that's in a good place I'll be sure to come by." She informs her, knowing it might not be until next season that she gets to make her way there. It seems everyday there is something more to do. "That's all. Thank you for tending to my girls, too. Hopefully we'll have them home soon." Maeve straightens up, slipping her basket handle back onto the crook of her arm, giving the medic a final smile.

"I'll see you soon, Isla. Enjoy the rest of your evening." With that, the Madame slips back out the door and into the last bit of the sunset that colors the shy, heading for home.

~FIN~
catching my death