[se] beauty and battle cries
Saartjie Kahare

Age: 30 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: ali Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Saartjie
looking back at it, i should have fallen apart
i can tell you the story of how i got these scars
It was little more than sheer luck and an educated guess that the petite woman walking along the beach toward her was Melita, but even before she answered Saartjie assumed she was correct in her guess. Growing up the way she had, Saar had learned to read body language and Melita's had given her away. Honestly, she couldn't blame the girl for being on guard and would be lying, herself, if she said she would react any differently. Her gaze fell to the gourd at Melita's feet and her brow furrowed. What a strange place Caido was turning out to be with equally strange creatures.

The sound of Melita's voice filled the silence that stretched between them, the sound of it laced with caution and uncertainty. A question followed shortly after and Saartjie shook her head in response. The motion, along with the wind, loosened a lock of hair and it blew across her face. "No." She answered as she tucked the hair behind her ear again. "You might know of me, but no. We've never met before." If Nate had known who she was from Sunjata it was only logical to guess that maybe the same could be said for Melita.

"I'm Saartjie --" Her last name was on the tip of her tongue, but she cut herself off and the short silence that followed felt awkward. "Sunjata told me about you." Her head tilted slightly as she studied the girl in front of her and she had to admit that Jata had been right. Shehad Gaal's red hair, but there was very little else, if anything at all, that reminded her of her late husband. Melita must have gotten the majority of her genes from her mother, and if that were the case the woman had to have been quite pretty.

"He mentioned your red hair and told me you were on one of the boats." She motioned to the boats in the distance, glancing at them before looking back at Melita and offering a small smile. "I wanted to meet you, but ... I didn't expect it to be so soon or like this." She had assumed that Sunjata would be the one doing the introduction, but there was nothing wrong with this.
i was young and all alone
my heart turning to stone

Messages In This Thread
[se] beauty and battle cries - by Melita - 05-01-2021, 08:22 PM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Saartjie - 05-12-2021, 12:32 AM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Melita - 05-12-2021, 10:10 AM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Saartjie - 06-07-2021, 03:39 AM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Melita - 06-07-2021, 09:01 PM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Saartjie - 06-25-2021, 01:47 AM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Melita - 06-25-2021, 10:28 PM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Saartjie - 07-04-2021, 04:20 AM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Melita - 07-05-2021, 07:34 PM