[se] beauty and battle cries
Saartjie Kahare

Age: 30 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: ali Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Saartjie
looking back at it, i should have fallen apart
i can tell you the story of how i got these scars
Confusion made itself evident on the girl's face and Saartjie couldn't help but feel a pinprick of guilt. It was a bit overwhelming suddenly meeting someone who knew who you were when you didn't have the foggiest clue as to who they were. She wondered, briefly, if she should have just allowed Melita to pass by without a word and allow Sunjata to do the introduction. Of course as the realization of who she was hit Melita, Saartjie decided that yes, she should have waited. At least with Sunjata there he would be able to diffuse some of the tension and awkwardness that came with the introduction. After all, it wasn't every day that a girl met her estranged stepmother.

It was Saar's turn to look confused as Melita visbly shrunk and stared at the ground. She had the distinct feeling that the girl was trying to make herself as small as possible and hoping to just disappear completely. What was it that Melita had heard about her that would make her react in such a way? Was she expecting some violent reaction from Saar? Harsh words and accusations? Her brow furrowed as the questions flitted through her mind, but that confusion turned to surprise when Melita spoke again.

"You must hate me."

Oh. Oh. Saartjie knew all too well what it was like to be hateed simply because of who shared your bloodline. There were so many back in Korofi who had disliked and distrusted her because of who her father was and she knew how frustrating and disheartening that was. Though she was angry with Gaal and hated him with everything she had, she was not going to project that anger and hatred onto his daughter.

"Of course not." She finally answered as she stepped toward the girl. Saartjie was cautious as she reached a hand out toward Melita, intending to tuck the girl's hair behind her ear and lift her chin so she was no longer staring at the ground. Of course if the girl pulled away Saar would withdraw to give her some space. "Gaal's sins are his own to bear." Or were his own to bear since he was no longer breathing. "Not yours."
i was young and all alone
my heart turning to stone

Messages In This Thread
[se] beauty and battle cries - by Melita - 05-01-2021, 08:22 PM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Saartjie - 05-12-2021, 12:32 AM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Melita - 05-12-2021, 10:10 AM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Saartjie - 06-07-2021, 03:39 AM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Melita - 06-07-2021, 09:01 PM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Saartjie - 06-25-2021, 01:47 AM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Melita - 06-25-2021, 10:28 PM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Saartjie - 07-04-2021, 04:20 AM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Melita - 07-05-2021, 07:34 PM