[se] beauty and battle cries
Saartjie Kahare

Age: 30 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Nomadic
Level: 0 - Strg: 6 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 12 - Luck: 5 - Int: 0
Played by: ali Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Saartjie
looking back at it, i should have fallen apart
i can tell you the story of how i got these scars
With the rains finally gone, Saartjie had finally left the comfort of the house that she had come to call home since her unplanned entrance into Caido. Being cooped up inside had made her stir crazy, and even as exciting as it was to finally find her brother again after so long, she still needed some time alone. She still needed time to process everything. Her life had completely changed and been turned upside down. Her noble blood no longer meant anything at all, nor did her previous marriage. She had gained a niece and a new brother in law, had discovered that the world she was now in contained types of magic seemed ... fairytale like. She just needed time.

Still being so new to the area, there wasn't anyplace in particular that she wanted to go ... she just walked. Eventually she found herself following the sound of the sea and soon found herself at the port. She recognized it right away, having been the first place she'd arrived. There were small boats and large ships docked, and people running around unloading merchandise. It was too busy and too noisy and so Saartjie headed toward the beach and continued to walk. Soon the noise from the port faded altogether and was replaced by the calls of the gulls soaring overhead and the crash of waves on the beach.

Saartjie paused a moment and took her shoes off, sighing as she felt the cool, damp sand beneath her feet. It had been a long time -- since before Sunjata had left Korofi -- that she had been to the beach let alone felt the sand between her toes. The salty sea air whipped around her, blowing her hair about and she couldn't help but smile. It felt good to be alone and to not worry about someone finding her, disappointing anyone, angering her husband or her father, not have to worry about politics, or getting caught sending letters to members of the rebellion, or even the rebellion itself.

She reached up to tuck her hair behind her right ear and glanced down the beach. Even from a distance she could see the woman's red hair that seemed to contrast with everything around it. Saartjie turned toward the approaching girl and waited for her to get closer, remembering Sunjata saying that Gaal had a daughter here that was on one of the ships, and that she had the same red hair that he did. "Melita?" she asked once the woman was within earshot.
i was young and all alone
my heart turning to stone

Messages In This Thread
[se] beauty and battle cries - by Melita - 05-01-2021, 08:22 PM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Saartjie - 05-12-2021, 12:32 AM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Melita - 05-12-2021, 10:10 AM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Saartjie - 06-07-2021, 03:39 AM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Melita - 06-07-2021, 09:01 PM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Saartjie - 06-25-2021, 01:47 AM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Melita - 06-25-2021, 10:28 PM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Saartjie - 07-04-2021, 04:20 AM
RE: [se] beauty and battle cries - by Melita - 07-05-2021, 07:34 PM