[se] one eyed jacks
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2759
REMI
the lullaby
I wear this crown of thorns
Upon my liar's chair
"Oh," Remi chuckles, not noticing the sudden spark of anger that dashes across Locke's face, the way a more observant man might have done. "Only that it is a bit like a vegetarian owning a butchery." There's amusement that coats his words, suggesting he hadn't meant offence. "I only meant that...well, she must like you, in order to give away her livelihood to you for free. That's all."

That his relationship had come through the other side, stronger for it, has Remi nodding in firm agreement. "Who would have known being honest was the key to it all." He says with a boyish laugh; of course honesty was the key to it. Everyone knew that. It just...wasn't always easy in practice, as Lullaby and Star had learned firsthand.

With an easy chuckle, Remi raises his eyes and nods emphatically; yes. "Not seconds later. Not even minutes later." If he was meant to be embarrassed by this, it doesn't show at all in his sunny expression. 'And no, Ludo did not. It all works quite well...though not with women, I suppose." Thoughts of Isla flicker through his thoughts. "Most women, anyway."

Grinning steadily at the other man, the Lullaby raises a brow. "You cannot lift half what I could." He says, and if there's a challenge in his tone, it's wrapped up in his thick and honeyed accent. "I do have god magic and some shit." Remi agrees. "Though, that it all comes from Ludo, most of it deals with death." His smile, boyish and bright, fades by degrees. 'But I do not dole out death, as a favour.' The Lullaby adds in a low tone.
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Code blatently stolen from queen of codes, Sky!
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
i don't mind compassion
See. There are very few things Locke is touchy about. Sure, he gets pissed off easily enough but there are few things that really set him off. Sadly for Remi, he's found one. Locke's eyes narrow and he leans forward a little, "She's still a fucking person, Remi. You wouldn't assume a restaurant is going to shut down because the chef eats out sometimes, would you?" He huffs, trying to will himself to relax. Long forgotten are the cards in his hand as he stares down the other man. "She isn't just a whore."

He'd laugh at the honesty thing, he really would, if his thoughts weren't so sour. Some part of him is glad the pair are okay but his mind keeps reeling him back into places he doesn't want it to be. He looks at his cards again, trying to distract himself as Remi talks. His jaw is going to hurt later but it's fine.

His lips purse slightly at the response he's given and he wants to retort, say something rude, but he refrains. "Fuck man. I can usually go a few times. Half the fun is the in between, working each other back up, ya know?" But Locke is maybe a little cursed in the sex department. "Shame, really." He wants to tack on something about how good Maeve is but it might defeat the point of his previous remarks.

"Aww too bad. Would've loved to have you pick off my enemies for me as a prize for a game of cards." There's mirth behind it, something that's just leaking out of his bones at this point. "Tell me about Ludo, if I win. Tell me how to get on their good side. If I lose, well, depends on what you want. I don't have anything to offer you. Favors maybe, myself, but that's it." Don't ask why Locke wants on Ludo's good side.
just not on my dime
LOCKE
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
Upon my liar's chair
Entirely taken aback by the sudden sway of attitude, the alchemist sits up in his chair, levelling a gaze at Locke. Narrowing his eyes slightly, he's unaware of what nerve he's suddenly pinched in the other man. "I never said she wasn't a person." Remi corrects smoothly. "Nor that she was just a whore." He adds, wondering if this wasn't just Locke projecting some internal grievance onto the conversation they were having.

"Mmmm." Stiffly commented, the alchemist suddenly seems less than enthusiastic about continuing their previous line of conversation. His jaw feathers somewhat, the things Maeve had told him previously of Locke and Sunjata playing over in his mind.

"You must not know much of Ludo, to think I would ever do such a thing." The Lullaby says under his breath. A joke or not, Remi will never be the sort to laugh about being an assassin. But then Locke asks for the lesson that he clearly needs, and the alchemist finds himself conceding easily. "That is easily enough done."
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
i don't mind compassion
Yeah he might be projecting a bit. It's also just a sore point for him. He knows what it's like to be treated as less than human. It only happened one but like hell was he going to let Maeve be treated that way. He just sighs, shaking his head. He knows Remi didn't say that, nor did he mean what he did say that way. Locke is just defensive, that's all. And maybe a little guilty. And scared. He brushes it off, waving his hand, done with the topic. Remi can think what he wants about what kind of business Maeve will or won't get. His relationship is none of Remi's business anyway.

"It's called sarcasm, Remi, haven't you heard of it? Even I'm not that stupid." There isn't an ounce amusement to his voice. Whatever flirtatiousness he'd had before is quickly gone. Locke lays out his cards, nothing too crazy. A flush. All he has to see is if Remi's hand is better or worse. His odds are good but that doesn't mean much in a game like this.
just not on my dime
LOCKE
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
the lullaby
Upon my liar's chair
Well, this all went from quite fun to absolutely tense and annoying in just a matter of moments. Frowning, not knowing Locke well enough to know what has brought not his sudden shift, or why, Remi tosses his cards down. "You win." He says with a nod. Though after all of this, the alchemist can't say he's particularly in the mood to linger and chat. "Another time, though."

Rising, he tucks the chair he'd been sitting on back beneath the table. "Enjoy your afternoon, Locke."

Offering the other man a smile that aims at being polite but is more than a little tense, the alchemist tucks his hands into his pockets and disappears into the throngs of passers-by.

~FIN
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair