[SE] see the light as it shines
Open
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
Dark brows rose high in surprise at the offer. "Really? That would be... I mean, yes, of course. I will come. Thank you." The smile widened into a dazzling grin of glee; never one to actually contain her happiness, Seren shot up and made a little twirl before collapsing down again. Wriggling about like a puppy, she ignored Umbra's huffy protests; the dragon had very rudely been punted from her lap in the process, and all but muttered to himself as he scrabbled to get back into her lap. Little puffs of dark smoke rose from his nostrils, and Seren had to wave them off with a grimace - it stank of sulfur.

"I think it's quite generally accepted that healers are blunt," she offered, "at least with doctors. Or maybe nurses... apparently they're either the sweet and gentle sort, or the kind that make patients shiver in fear under their blankets." It was the impression she had, at least; of course, Seren had never actually spent time in a hospital herself. "Now, what you really want is a good healing shift. You would make a nice unicorn; stab people who act stupid, them heal them when they start to listen. I'm sure the gods would not mind, or what do you say?" Her grin took on an impish quality; whether she was jesting and to what degree was hard to say.
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0

A panther in the night, a fire burning bright.

Ray smiled warmly at Seren's obvious excitement and joy. Umbra's reaction did draw a chuckle from here however, and it was a bit of a struggle to contain herself. "I'm glad. I'm always willing to pass my knowledge along." Seren's anecdote did draw a laugh out of her beyond her control. "Oh that's true! I'm generally the second kind." Her eyes crinkled, mirth and pride clear in her voice. "Stubborn Torchers generally only respond to the scary kind."

Becoming a unicorn to heal and harm? Ray's laugh turned into a full-body fit, and she nearly fell over, clutching her stomach. She managed to catch her balance on the rock beside her with one arm. "Oh, oh gods. That's brilliant!" Ray had to take a moment to regain her control and balance before continuing. She honestly did not caring if the idea was in jest or not, it was too good. "Oh, I'd love that. I doubt that the gods would allow it, but if they did? I'd be all for it. If you get the chance, ask your mom if that'd be possible, would you?"

r a y

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
—Albert Camus

Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Pleased that she had made her new friend laugh, Seren fell into the mirth with a chiming laughter of her own. The image of the unicorn overlaid with the girl and fit better and better the more she spoke, until Seren half expected she had made a prophecy. Now it was only time that would reveal if it became reality or not.

"I don't have to ask her that, I know it is," she laughed. "And you should ask her yourself. Mother is generous and understanding. If you really want something, she will show you the way. Every effort you make to grow closer to her will surely be noticed." Lifting Umbra up to her face, Seren pressed the cheek against the dragon's warm side. A strong heart pulsed with rapid, steady beats within, and was every bit of proof the starchild would ever need that Safrin was kind.
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Ray Lunarium

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:

Ray's laugh slowly died off, small snickers replacing it. As Seren spoke, a considering look came across her face. "You think so? Even for a stranger?" She mused, an idea beginning to form in her mind. Tensions had been brewing in Caido, war was on the horizon after all. And the herbalist had been scrambling to prepare. Gathering herbs in bulk, relearning old but necessary formulas, and just about everything else that she could. Ray previously hadn't considered asking the gods. But maybe Safrin would be willing to help?

Ray brought up her idea with a some nerves, mostly for hear of it being shot down immediately. ."Do you think that she'd be willing to help me? With the war that is likely to break out, I've been trying to prepare for the massive surge in injuries, infections, poisons, and just about everything really. If I asked Safrin for aid in gaining medical knowledge or tools or some other mean to help me take care of everyone, do you think she might help?" I know Rae is often the one people turn to for science, but maybe Safrin would be more willing to give aid?"

r a y

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
—Albert Camus

Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Scritching Umbra's long, sineous spine, Seren kept her cheek pressed against him and tilted her head so she could see Ray more clearly. Her expression was warm and kind, and there was a quiet reassurance behind the soaring blue of her irises.

"I think," she mused, "you should ask yourself what you would be willing to do to gain the knowledge you seek. I also think that you should never fear asking for help, if there is something you need." Digging her toes down into the warm sand, Seren pointed a finger towards the ground, then up into the sky. "Where you begin your search - with Vi or Rae - is up to you. Different paths can lead to the same place. I can say that my mother is unlikely to smite you for trying." Personally, she always turned to the stars for guidance. It was how she had been made. But this girl had a choice, and though she could have urged Ray to seek out Safrin over anyone else, it was more interesting to wait and see what choice the Attuned would make.
Seren
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

Ray nodded, listening intently to the demi-god's advice. She made a great point. What was Ray willing to offer or do? How far was she willing to go for the knowledge that she needed? If it could save lives, the answer was pretty damn far. As to who to ask, that also was a good point. Ray might be able to  get what she needed from multiple gods. Rae was the obvious choice due to their association with knowledge. But there was the increased risk of penalty and cost to such a request of them. If Safrin was unlikely to smite her, then Seren's mother might be a good place to start her search.

Ray smiled at Seren gratefully, glad that the demi-god had been so open so far. "Thank you for the advice. You're insight is incredibly useful and appreciated.  I'll definetly have to think deeper on it. But just in case, what does your mother enjoy receiving as offerings? If you don't mind me asking?" It seemed logical to try and actually offer something that Safrin would appreciate if she was who Ray sought aid from.

r a y

—Albert Camus

Seren Taliesin

Change author:
When it came to her mother, Seren had very little to hide. Her status as a demigod was already blown, and as the conversation progressed she gradually forgot all about being secretive and keeping things to herself. "No need to thank me," she laughed and tried to wave off the gratitude. "Most anyone could tell you the same things. Hmm, but offerings..." Nuzzling her companion thoughtfully, Seren had to think for a moment. She rarely brought her mother gifts; perhaps that was something she ought to become better at. "She loves beautiful things," she suggested. "Fine clothes, jewelry, shiny baubles... all the better if it's something of personal affect, I think. But don't worry too much about that, it's the thought that counts, right?"

Right? She was probably right. Seren actually had no idea, but one would not believe it by looking at the sincere expression on her. "If you do go to see her, tell her I send my love, yes? I will come visit soon." It was about time, she thought.
Seren
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

Ray nodded. "Something personal sounds perfect. I always did enjoy making handmade gifts." Usually in the form of herbal concoctions such as teas, medicine, or means of comfort. Or baked goods! She did love to make cookies. Perhaps Safrin would like some? And the last time she visited a shrine of the Old Gods, there was that incident with cinnamon. Maybe cookies with cinnamon then?

Ray was pulled of her brainstorming when Seren spoke again. The request brought a gentle smile to the herbalist's face. Seren truly did seem like a good daughter. She gave the demigod a warm smile. "I'll definetly pass your message along should I go."

r a y

—Albert Camus

Seren Taliesin

Change author:
"Thank you," Seren smiled. "I truly do appreciate it." Stretching out once more, she stifled a yawn behind a hand. It was warm in the sun, and sitting still was making her drowsy. This was either the perfect time for a nap, or to get up and do something.

"Do you want to do anyting?" she asked her new friend. "I might doze off otherwise." Another yawn, less discreet this time, emphasized her point. It was mimicked by the dragon in her lap, and made much more impressive by the rows of pearly white teeth that glistened and gleamed against the hatchling's dark blue scales and shockingly pink tongue. Shaking his head, Umbra snorted out a bilious cloud of dark smoke, underlit by blue-tinted sparks of flame. "Don't set me on fire," his companion reminded, with an affectionate smile.
Seren
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

Ray chuckled, having to stifle a yawn of her own. Flopping down onto the rock, she stretched her arms up, soaking up the sun. It truly was a beautiful day and the warm sun was so soothing. "I'm falling asleep too. But we should do something. It's too nice of a day." Ray glanced up at the sky and let out a small laugh. "Look! That cloud looks like little Umbra." She noted, pointing to a small cloud as it floated by. Sure enough, the little tuft had a strong resemblance to the small hatchling.

"Maybe we can try and find more things in the clouds? At least until this warm weather puts us to sleep."

r a y

—Albert Camus

Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Cloudspotting? That was something she had not done in a while. "Good enough for me," she mumbled, a little amused but not unwilling. Stretching out on her back, Seren settled in while the dragon trampled about on her stomach. Umbra clearly had no interest in clouds; he was simply going to sleep. Clever beast.

"If you squint, that long cumulus looks like a cloud wyrm," she noted, and pointed redundantly into the sky. The blue colors beyond were exhilarating, just too bright for the stars to show. "And that one could be a mermaid, with really crazy hair." Even as she brougth attention to it, winds began to disperse the shape. Perhaps it would turn into something new, soon.
Seren
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

Ray eyed the sky, honestly not sure what she was doing either. She was just feeling bored  but too lazy to do much. Tilting her head and squinting her eyes slightly, she studied the clouds that Seren pointed out. "It does look a bit like a wyrm. Maybe one that needs a good meal." Ray gave a little chuckle, relaxing against the warm sand and stone. "Interesting mermaid. Her hair looks kind of snake-like too."

Ray let out a small, stifled yawn as the wind caused the clouds to shift. Blinking the sleep from her eyes she looked for more pictures above them. One fluffy cloud caught her eye, causing a small grin. "That one looks like a little puppy. You know, the ones that are super soft but haven't grown into their fur yet? Just little faces peaking out of a ball of fluff."

r a y

—Albert Camus

Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Seren hummed her agreement and nodded. Blinking a few times, she closed her eyes to rest them from the blinding sun. Green spots danced in red-tinted darkness, and when she looked up again the world had been cast in green, the colors off kilter and slightly blurry.

Again she yawned. "It's cute... Ray, I think I'm going to take a nap after all. Can't -" she yawned wide enough for the jaws to creak " - can't keep my eyes open anymore." Turning over on her side, Seren cradled Umbra in her arms and nestled in, unconcerned that she would have a very one-sided sunburn when she woke again. "It was nice to meet you... Let's talk some more if you're still here when I wake, m'kay?" A sleepy chirp from the dragon seconded the suggestion; they could catch more fish.
Seren
Ray Lunarium

Change author:

Ray chuckled slightly, letting out a long yawn herself. "Sure. It was nice to meet you too. I'll likely still be here." She rubbed the sleep from her eyes an sat up. "I might sleep too." Ray stretched her arms over her head as Seren settled in for her nap. Ray was almost asleep when she heard Umbra chirp.

"Do you want to fish some more, little guy?" Ray questioned, eyeing the hatchling. Turning towards the waves, shielding her eyes from the sun, she considered it.  It'd be a fun way to pass the time. And it was early enough still. Giving the dragon a nod, Ray stood up. Brushing the sand from her clothes she walked over to the water's edge. "Alright. Let's catch some more fish. I'm going to shift, alright?" Ray gave the warning and then there was a panther in her place.

r a y

—Albert Camus