what a pleasant surprise
for Nate <3
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The inflection as he voices his question isn't missed and her own brows knit together. Whatever smile that was on her lips before falters as they press together instead as her jaw feathers slightly, "Yes. I'm Maeve. Is that a surprise?" Her tone shifts into something a little testier as she crosses her arms over her chest, eyes narrowing minutely as she looks up at the taller man.

"You shouldn't be. She said I was better suited to run it than she was." The Madame tosses back at him, daring him to doubt her capabilities further. What happened to the Halenani was no real fault of her own. She had accepted that partially due to Sunjata. Just as quickly as they make any ground forward (which wasn't a lot to begin with), Nate is dragging them backwards again with the displeasure clear in his eyes. "I was healing. I almost died that night. I'm only here because Jata got me out alive. I stayed with friends until the monsoons passed and I was well enough to travel and work. I don't know why it matters." She huffs, gritting her teeth as she lifts her chin defiantly, "I don't have a vendetta against the Ascended if that's what you're implying." And she doesn't. One of her dearest friends is an Ascended. To imply that she has any of the same prejudice as others who reside in Stormbreak would be completely wrong.

Maeve clicks her tongue, head cocking to the side, "Can't be any more full than it was while housing myself, four of my workers, Kamaria, Jata, and his sister. If I recall the den attached to Jata's office is still empty." Is it a bit much? Maybe, but there is no real reason for him to shut her out. She hasn't done anything and Jata promised. It's not like she's planning on moving in. Just staying until they get the Halenani rebuilt is all.

"I'm sure they're both happy to have you back. We talked about you a lot while you were gone." They didn't really. Mostly because it made him spiral into something uncontrollable, but sometimes they did. When Sunjata could handle the heartache it brought up. "I helped him board up the clinic, by the way. I heard it faired well? How lucky for you that your home and your place of work remained standing."
Long nights, daydreams
Sugar and smoke rings, I've been a fool
But strawberries and cigarettes always taste like you

Messages In This Thread
what a pleasant surprise - by Maeve - 05-07-2021, 06:33 PM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Nate - 05-08-2021, 02:18 AM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Maeve - 05-08-2021, 02:45 AM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Nate - 05-09-2021, 08:15 AM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Maeve - 05-09-2021, 02:10 PM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Nate - 05-09-2021, 10:18 PM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Maeve - 05-10-2021, 02:52 AM
RE: what a pleasant surprise - by Nate - 05-10-2021, 06:48 AM