[SE] blinded by the sun
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN
A raucous crow, a rootless tree
A coiled adder, night-old ice
The tension lingered in the black-feathered avian, until it dawned on the Korbin that there would be no more questions. Shuffling feet adjusted their grip around Sah's arm, uncertainty and relief warring within without a clear winner to emerge. No questions was good. No explanations was good. And the mention of wings, and disappearing... Oh. This one understood.

How rare.

It made something thaw slightly in the raven's demeanor, and the responses came more easily. Another nod for yes; its name was Korbin. Correct. And another nod; yes, they were going to Noah's house. Along the way, they passed by the ruins of a burned down house, its charred beams poking up like singed rib bones from the snow. The raven did not look at it. And if the talons tightened their grip ever so slightly in unease, it was hardly noticeable.
A racing stallion who has wrenched a leg,
Are never safe: let no man trust them.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

Sah felt a small smile come to his face. It seemed that Korbin had relaxed somewhat in his presence. It was a bit relieving for him because having talons on his shoulder that belonged to anyone who was less than amicable was nerve-wracking. Sah did notice the slight tightening grip of the bird as they passed the remains of one home. Brow furrowing, he tried to distract his companion. "I think we're just about there. If I remember correctly that is. I haven't been to Noah's since I first arrived in Caido."

Sah shook his head, chuckling humorlessly. "I was such a mess. Hard to go from being a wild creature to a person, that's for sure." Why was he telling this silent Attuned anything that personal? Call it a hunch, but he had the strangest inclination that it was necessary. And as a creature of instinct, he went with it.

sah
There stood the wolf in the winter wind
Full of fearsome might
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie

Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN
A raucous crow, a rootless tree
A coiled adder, night-old ice
Perhaps if they had been sharing the voiceless bond between Attuned, this conversation would have been less one sided. But for all that ravens were vocally gifted, there were barriers around this ones mind that would not permit him to reach out beyond a certain point.

A quiet croak was offered in agreement though; they were close. And the comment... it made the raven fix a blue stare at the youth. Searching, considering. The sharp beak was startlingly gentle when it was reached in to tug at a few strands of the youth's hair. A gesture that was almost kind. A thank you?

Then, just as suddenly the raven spread its wings and kicked off. Wind rushed over dark feathers with a sound like whispering silk as it flew off towards the Olson house; apparently there was no need to bring Korbin to the doorstep.

A single black pinion remained behind, slowly dancing down to land on the ground before Sah's feet.
A racing stallion who has wrenched a leg,
Are never safe: let no man trust them.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895

"If I can't move the heavens above, I will move Hell"

Sah's eyes widened slightly at the small gesture. He hadn't expected the Attuned to show any form of... affection? No. Condolences? No. Gratefulness? Understanding? Maybe? Whatever it was, Sah was pleasantly surprised and grateful himself. The distraction prevented him from spiraling into painful recollection. Not sure how best to respond, he simply gave a small smile. A smile that morphed into an amused grin when Korbin flew off without much trouble.

Chuckling slightly he gave a lazy wave towards the vanishing bird. "See you around Korbin." He called. In relatively good cheer, he turned to leave. Upon noticing the feather he paused in silent contemplation. After a moment of deliberation, Sah found himself picking it up and taking it along with him. For what purpose? He wasn't sure. But who was he to turn away a gift?

{FIN}

sah
Full of fearsome might
King of the winter night.
-Tim Vallie