[SE] summer days drifting away
Maeve <3
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
Okay, so being fast did not help much. Maybe tricks would work better? Not above cheating, Seren only needed a second to put her hands together, and before turning she mumbled a quick "Come forth!" under breath. Further out to sea, a pale star fell nearly unseen from the bright sky and disappeared into the water.

When Maeve's reply resounded over the beach, the star-born young woman turned more slowly towards her, and spread her arms wide as she began to wade towards her friend - or so she hoped. At the same time, a faint shimmer of starlight approached from the sea behind Maeve, just beneath the surface. Small and slow, it looked like three box jellyfish bobbing in the surf. Potentially dangerous, and easily recognizeable; even a land-bound Torcher might know to be wary of these.

If all went as planned, Maeve would be herded into Seren's open arms. "Marco!" she sang out again, and there was something slightly ominous in the sweetness of her voice this time. Or maybe that was just imagined. This was merely a game.
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve did not see the star fall or even the way that Seren brought her hands up to mumble that little command. Nope. She completely missed it. Maeve glanced around her, trying to determine her best plan for escape as Seren headed for her, arms spread wide as if she was going for a hum, but before the Madame had a chance to back up movement caught her eye. She hissed out a breath, stumbling forward a little bit. She knew plenty about box jellyfish. Especially knew how badly they can sting and knew better than to head towards them. "Fuck, fuck, fuck.." Maeve muttered, not even concerned with being found at this point as she hurried towards her friend.

If there were three clustered together it was entirely possible that a bloom was moving in towards the shore. That was something neither one of the girls wanted to be caught it. "Seren! Out of the water! I think a bloom is coming in!" Maeve called out, entirely more concerned with their safety and wellbeing than the game if the way she was rushing towards the starchild was anything to go by.
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothin' scares me anymore
Kiss me hard before you go
Summertime sadness
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Seren heard the mutter. Heard the urgency as Maeve not only kept speaking, but came splashing towards her. The surpreme lack of concern at this dire news might be a first sign that the situation was not as serious as it seemed. A second indication might be the way the jellyfish kept shimmering, as if lit by some internal light. A third, and more obvious one was how, instead of running, Seren lept forth and deftly halted Maeve with a hug.

"Caught you!" she smirked, very pleased with herself. As if they had never been there, the summoned critters winked out and vanished. "I win again." It was a game, of course it was. But Seren did not enjoy losing.
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

When Seren leapt forward to grab her, wrapping her in a tight hug, Maeve made a soft noise in her throat as she was still really fucking concerned. As soon as she looked back, they were gone and she blinked, brows drawing together before she was glaring at the taller girl. "You little shit!" Maeve scolded, huffing as she gave her a playful push away from her. "You scared me!" She sent a splash her way, shaking her head as she grabbed her hand to tug her back towards the shore. "That was cheating, by the way. In case you aren't aware of what cheating is."

Trudging up onto the beach, still holding onto Seren's arm as she tugged her towards the shore and back to their blanket. "You're lucky I like you so much. Otherwise I'd be really mad." There is no heat in her voice and a smile was already tugging on her lips as she rolled her eyes at the younger girl.
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothin' scares me anymore
Kiss me hard before you go
Summertime sadness
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Finally able to open her eyes, Seren was greeted to a first row display of Maeve's furious realization of how she had been duped. The reaction was so perfect that the girl couldn't stop the laughter from bubbling up, bright and pleased. It lingered through the splash and the dragging up on the beach, and only petered out when she flopped down by the blanket.

"The end justify the means," she grinned. A careful look at her friend revealed that she was safe; no anger, no repercussions, and Seren was still firmly convinced that she had won, regardless of cheats. "I like you too, Maeve. I will not do it again, I promise." It was easy to be generous from the top. Easy to make promises, and she even meant to keep them. "Let's rest for a bit, yes? It's becoming too warm in the sun."

They could sleep in the shade, or play in the shallows. Eat the rest of the food, and bask the day away until the fisherman returned on his boat to bring them home. No matter what they chose, it was a good day. A beautiful day.

One of those days to remember.

- FIN
Seren