[SE] summer days drifting away
Maeve <3
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
I am magnet for all kinds of deeper wonderment
There was no blame to be put on anyone. That Locke and Maeve wanted to be together was a beautiful thing, and if that meant Seren got to see a bit less of them... she could accept it. And like her friend said, it wasn't as though they would never see each other again. Leaning into the touch of her hair and cheek, Seren smiled and nodded; the reassurances helped, even if they also made her feel a little silly. Like a child needing comfort, when she should be grown and... oh, but who was she kidding. "I would love that, yes. And Locke said he wanted me for a sister... don't let him forget that, please?" It shouldn't mean much. It had only been words, and jest, and yet it did matter.

Breathing in the salty sea air, Seren blinked and gazed around. The sky was clear, the sun bright and the waves gentle as they lapped against the shore. The day was beautiful; it was hard to stay sad in a place like this. Especially when she was teased; clearing her throat, she tucked a coil of dark hair behind an ear. "Ah, eh... a hunter, from Halo. I did a stupid thing, and he... rescued me. Saved my life, actually." The awe she felt over that reflected in sky-blue eyes as she looked over to meet Maeve's gaze. "It's not that I'm in a hurry to be kissed, you know? It's more... oh, I don't even know."

Confused, she plopped down into the sand right where she were. Sifted it through her fingers, and struggled to find the words. "Maybe I'm just overly romantic. But wouldn't it be lovely, if such an event sparked something? A fated encounter, the beginning of a story - " Making a floating gesture with a hand, she rolled her eyes at herself and laughed, as if to disparage the whole notion.
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

It was nice that Seren didn't bolt away from her this time. Instead she leaned into the Madame's touch, seeing it for what it was and Maeve smiled back at her, eyes full of understanding. It could be lonely in a place like Stormbreak where you felt like you were cut off from everything and everyone. She wasn't just a normal person either. She was a child of the stars. That came with some extra baggage that kept people at a distance. Something that was no fault of Seren's. "I highly doubt he would forget. He has a soft spot for you. I won't let him though. I promise." Maeve reassured her, holding up her free hand to hook their pinkies together in a pinky promise.

Maeve listened closely, brows raising at Seren's little confession and a knowing smile spread on her lips at the blush painting Seren's cheeks. "I'm glad he was there to save you. That we didn't lose you." That would have been heartbreaking. They had known each other only a short time, but Seren had a special place in her heart. To lose her would be crushing.

She followed her to the sand, sitting down beside her and letting her toes dip into the water as it lapped at the shore. "There is nothing wrong with being a romantic, Seren. I'm one. It isn't bad to think about stuff like that either." Maeve laughed, shifting her eyes out to the sea, running them along the horizon, "Sometimes the romance is in the little things, though." She said thoughtfully, thinking back to all of her encounters, reflecting on the things that made her stomach swoop and her heart flutter.

"When Locke and I first met it was during Longnight. We played a few rounds of poker and it didn't seem like it would be anything at all." She recounted, leaving out the details in between. They weren't important to what she was trying to prove. "The next time we saw each other we fought. Over stupid things, but still... It wasn't until I got back the tar pits in the Feverlands after being whisked across the Wilds that there was a spark of something else." Her expression softened as she buried her toes in the sand, drawing her bottom lip between her teeth. "He cut my hair. It was ruined from the tar I'd been stuck in, you see. I'm normally the one taking care of people. Customers, my girls, and others around me. He was one of the first people to ever take care of me. That was our spark. It just took us being separated for a while to finally catch into something more than that."

She left out what happened after that. Their fight. How awful she felt when he left her alone in her room afterwards. That wasn't important to this story right now. Seren already knew that love could hurt. That it would hurt. Maeve didn't need to remind her of that right now. The Madame looked over at her, smiling softly, "Maybe you should write him. Get to know him a bit more. Age... Age doesn't really matter in a place like this. Time passes so quickly here. I'm not saying you should rush into anything, but there would be no harm in it. He's all the way in Halo, right? Not exactly easy access."
Honey, I'm on fire, I feel it everywhere
Nothin' scares me anymore
Kiss me hard before you go
Summertime sadness
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Hooking her finger with Maeve's, Seren made their joined hands sway back and forth in the sealing of the deal. "Thank you. That makes it feel better," she assured, and meant it. Honestly, being treated to tenderly was not bad. It was as if Maeve too was becoming family; an older sister to offer solid advice and maybe knock her over the head when she was being unreasonable.

"I'm glad he was too," she mumbled dryly under breath, before letting Maeve go on. Listening quietly as personal experiences were shared. When the other woman sat down next to her, Seren shuffled closer and leaned over to rest her head against Maeve's shoulder. Trusting as a child, already at ease in the knowledge that her borders were seen and respected. That she would be informed if she inadvertently crossed any herself. "It does sound sweet in hindsight," she mused. "That's always true, isn't it? Everything seems ordinary and unremarkable, until suddenly it is not..?"

Perhaps her own situation was too unusual to begin with, then. Or it was just a matter of not letting it remain a curious incident. "I never wrote anyone a letter before." A slow smile crept back to curve the corners of her lips. "What should I write about?"
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Maeve wrapped her arms around Seren's shoulders, lightly running her fingers through the girls curls as she held her close to her side. She smiled softly, a laugh bubbling up in her chest, "It does seem to be like that." Maeve murmured in agreement, "We don't give everyday events any significance until they're tied to something that's important to you." She replied, using her heel to dig a little hole in the sand as they talked only for it to be filled in by an incoming wave.

Letter writing was something that Maeve was incredibly familiar with and she could absolutely help her with this. "Anything you want. You can thank him for saving you and send a gift. Then just treat it like a conversation... Ask him how he's doing and tell him how things are with you. You can literally talk about anything." It might even be a good way for her to figure out flirting. Not that she needs to figure it out right now, but it was a fairly safe way to do so if she wanted to.
Summertime sadness
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
It did seem a shame, somehow. Seren made a quiet vow to herself to try and make every day feel special, just so that she wouldn't miss out on good things. "What kind of things are important to you?" she wondered as she snuggled in against Maeve. "You have your work, and Locke... what else?"

Scooping up a handful of sand, she sifted it between her hands. From one to the next, while playful winds tried to steal the grains back. It was growing warmer by the minute, and the caress of sun against her skin made Seren feel very much alive. "I will give it a try," she said about the letters. It seemed fun, and she quite aporeciated the idea of being able to share her thoughts with others, even if they weren't there. "Can I write to you, too?"

Letting some of the sand trickle down onto Maeve's lotioned legs, the girl tried to stifle a mischievous smirk.
Seren
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve hummed softly at the question, head tilting against hers in consideration, "Isn't that a question..." She started, chewing on her bottom lip for a moment, "I have you, for one. I have my passions. One of which is dancing. Ballet specifically." Maeve looked over at Seren as the starchild nuzzled closer to her. "I love to learn new things. That's important to me. Especially if those things help take care of the important people in my life."

Her eyes drifted down to Seren's fingers as they shifted through the sand absentmindedly and Maeve relaxed further in the suns warm rays. The fear of sunburn did swirl in the back of her head, but she was trying to enjoy this moment with her. "You can absolutely write me. I love sending letters and getting them. It's such a special thing to do." Letters were a lost form of communication as far as Maeve was concerned. There was something so thrilling about them and she hoped that Seren soon learned that thrill.

She was pulled from her thoughts by the distinct feeling of sand sticking to her leg. Maeve reached out and grabbed her wrist, "Oi! Don't you even start, little star. You're about to get yourself into a world of trouble." Maeve growled playfully, baring her teeth at her as she jostled her from her shoulder.
Summertime sadness
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
"Good. That makes two." A contented sigh had the last of the melancholy slip from the starborn youth. Her moments of disquiet never lasted long, it seemed, and soon enough her usual cheer was back in full action.

Laughing wickedly as the sand drifted from her hand, Seren slithered around to her knees as she was shoved away. Twisting her wrist in Maeve's grip, she tried to grab hold of the other's arm in turn, so that when she flowed up onto her feet she could possibly pull her friend with her. "Teach me to dance!" she urged, laughing. "I love learning too. A thing for another; I can show you something beautiful in return."

A grand promise, considering the breathtaking surroundings. What could be better than blazing sun, blue skies and equally vibrant seas? The mysterious smile playing on Seren's lips suggested it might be just to Maeve's liking.
Seren
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

The starchild didn't take her threat seriously. Instead she laughed, taking her wrist and tugging her smoothly to her feet. Maeve stumbled slightly, feet shifting in the sand as she huffed out a laugh, falling into the other girl's arms. She turned it into an impromptu hug, gripping her tightly before spinning her out from her, holding onto her hand as she grinned. "You want to learn how to dance, hm? What do you want to learn? Ballet? Ballroom? Perhaps something I little more saucy should you ever run into that handsome hunter again?" Maeve teased, tossing her a playful wink as mischief danced in frosty green eyes before she was taking a few steps back.

Clearly enjoying herself now, Maeve discarded her wrap and sunglasses, placing them both into her basket before she was stretching herself out. She flexed her toes, arms raising above her head as she bent this way and that, warming up her muscles. The Madame moved onto waterlogged sand, knowing that the white powdery nonsense would make it hard to actually do what she wanted. "This is your first position. Heels together and toes pointing outwards." She explained, shifting her feet into position and bringing her arms down in front of her. Her stance widened, heels now a foot apart, "Second position." The next shift was quick, pressing the heel of her front foot into the arch of her back foot. "Third. That's all the boring stuff. Basic and important, but not as fun."

Without warning, Maeve started to move, going up onto pointe as she danced across the sand. Each movement bled into the other. A series of pirouettes turned into a grande jeté that had her leaping from the sand only to land a few feet away, arms extended gracefully as she danced to nothing but the waves and the cries of the birds above. Eventually she came to a stop, grinning at her friend as she caught her breath. "I can teach you all of that. If you really want to learn, but maybe something more simple to start with?"
Summertime sadness
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
The hug was a surprise, but a pleasant one. Having the body of a being that was not of her blood pressed against hers set the blood rushing, just for a moment. Not in the fun kind of way, mind; it was simply a realization that Maeve was there. Very real, very tangible. Alive. It was a thrill that left Safrin's daughter breathlessly in awe, and the sensation only deepened as Maeve began her demonstration.

It was like water, the dance. A whirlpool spinning into itself, twirling and swaying. Seaweed in the waves, supple branches bending to a breeze; Seren watched with deep reverence and let out a slow breath when the other girl stopped and turned back to her.

"Beautiful... That was beautiful, Maeve! I don't know if I can be as graceful as you. My balance isn't very good... It's the gravity, see? It's different here compared to Mother's realm." But that never stopped her from trying. Being a quick study, she tried to mimic the postures Maeve had demonstrated, placing the feet just so and the arms wide. Straightening the back helped ever so slightly when she inevitably began to wobble, but it was still difficult.
Seren
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

It was something to have someone look at you with awe and reverence in their eyes. An appreciation for what you were capable twisting their features. Maeve wasn't sure if anyone ever looked at her that way when it came to her dancing. The that Seren was looking at her right now had her cheeks flushing as a laugh bubbled up in her throat, "It's nothing all that fancy." She dismissed with a wave of her hand before moving back to the starchild's side. "That balance comes with practice. When I first began I wobbled horribly. I could barely stay on pointe for more than a few seconds at a time." Now she could hold it for minutes before her muscles started to burn.

Her hands come to brace her. One resting at the small of her back and the other at her middle. "Shoulders back like you're trying to make your shoulder blades meet. Lock your core and breathe deeply." She instructed, waiting for her to seem stable enough before adjusting her arms. "Arms in front of you like you're cradling the moon." A little more shifting and guiding before she stepped back, satisfied with the positioning of Seren's body. "Good! That looks good! Okay, now... Try the second position. Heels only a foot apart."
Summertime sadness
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
It was fancy. But Seren was too absorbed in remembering the movements to insist, or give the flush on the Madame's creamy cheeks more than a passing glance. Later she would remember it and be pleased, if confused as to the origin of said blush, but right now... dance. Guided by the instructions, the young demi-god found her center and was able to appreciate the feeling of being stable, before it was time for the next posture. She was able to shift from one form to the other in one motion. Wobbled, but saved herself from breaking it by lifting her chin. It was remembering to breathe while being upright and relaxed that was the real tricky part.

On her own initiative she adjusted until she regained that same sense of balance as before. Then moved to what she hoped was the third position, casting a quick look to Maeve to make sure she did it right. "Like this?" Sweat was beading on her temples from concentration, and the heat of the sun. That she had fun anyway was obvious; the focused expression caused her face to fairly glow from within, and all the excess energy was now turned inward.

Some people were just made to move.
Seren
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve watched her closely, browns drawn together and eyes sharp as she examined her form. She didn't hesitate to reach out and make corrections, drawing her shoulders back, pressing a hand between her shoulder blades, lifting up her chin. Whatever qualms there had been about touching before were long gone now that Maeve was showing her these steps. "Breathe deep, Seren. With your diaphragm. Your shoulders shouldn't lift towards your ears. Keep them down." Her voice was not harsh, but she left no room for argument in her instructions as she guided the starchild.

When Seren shifted into the next position, Maeve moved behind her, nudging her foot until her heel was lined up with the arch of her back foot. "Better. Heel to arch. Hold that." She drifted around her until she was standing in front of the girl once more. "Now watch." Maeve mimicked her position, chin up, shoulders back, core tight. The muscles in her midsection apparent as the flexed. "Now slowly bend at the knees. Keep your back straight. You're not bending at the waist. Just the knees. This is called a demi plié." She demonstrated the movement, bending her knees as she lowered herself before straightening back up slowly to first position.
Summertime sadness
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
There was no time to spare for being self-conscious. Having asked for this, both the critique and nudging, prodding corrections were more than tolerated. Seren didn't argue, just did as she was told and worked hard to follow the instructions. Her knees popped alarmingly as she bent down, not used to moving in that angle. But down it went, anyway. Breathe, just remember to breathe.

"This is a lot harder than it looks," Seren grunted through gritted teeth, the laugh breathless as her core struggled with the concept of constricting and breathing at the same time. Watching Maeve demonstrate the movement, she could appreciate how much time must have gone into making it seem so effortless.

It was a testament to how badly she needed to keep training, that her muscles were starting to complain already. Straightening back up into the first position, Seren took the chance to jerk the dark waterfall of hair back over the shoulders; it was getting in the way. "Is there something I can do that, you know, moves a bit more?" Not that she was impatient, but she wanted to flow, like water, like Maeve had.
Seren
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve straightened up, laughing softly as she stepped closer to her, "Unfortunately ballet is very technical in the beginning. You have to learn the bases if you want to do what I did." She explained, pulling a spare leather cord from her wrist as she moved behind Seren, carefully gathering up her hair. With practiced ease Maeve twisted the dark curls into a bun, tying it in place with the leather cord before dropping her hands to her shoulders to give them a gentle squeeze. "I could show you how to do a pirouette, but I can't promise that you won't fall on your ass." She teased, releasing her and situating herself back in front of the starchild once more.

"So this might be a bit difficult because you aren't used to going up on pointe, but you're going to rise onto the ball of your foot. If we were doing this properly it would be on the tip of your toe." Maeve showed her what she meant, rising up onto the ball of her left foot and somehow managing to maintain her balance. "Then your other comes up to your knee. Imagine making a four with your legs." After this, she spun once, twice, three times. Each time seeming faster than the last before she was coming to a stop once more. "You give it a go."
Summertime sadness