[SE] What friends do
Maeve <3
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
SEREN
For every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
In every lost soul, the bones of a miracle
A soft hum of acknowledgement came from the curled up figure on the floor, accepting the apology even as she appreciated the acceptance of her own. She could feel that there was more to it, but for once did not have the space left to untangle other people's knots. Seren had her own to worry about tonight, and likely for many nights to come.
"Usually it's fine," was all she could really add, before silence fell once more. Usually, until the idea of touch in combination with a certain boy became thoughts of other things which... honestly scared her senseless.

The rustle of shifting blankets distracted her from diving further into that rabbit hole. Seren shifted where she lay, until her back was flat against the floor. Gazing up at Maeve's dark silhouette, she smiled faintly. "Thank you. But the floor is rather nice, actually. Cool, and solid. It feels like my bed at the Nest." Which was to say, all wooden boards and a non-existent mattress. "Do you think we can eat all those treats for breakfast tomorrow? They looked really good."
In every dreamer a dream - we're unstoppable
with something to believe in
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
My dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room
"At least take a pillow." Maeve huffed, grabbing one of the extras and tossing it at Seren lightly, making sure that it wouldn't hit her in the face when she did. She fluffed up her own pillows, laying back against them lightly as she looked up at the ceiling, letting the comforting darkness wrap around her with a sigh. "Yeah, we can. All of that will still be good in the morning. Can make some fresh tea, eat out on the balcony... It's getting cool enough out that you can do that without melting." Maeve mused, fingers drifting back over the swell of her belly, drawing faint patterns on it absentmindedly as they settled into the quiet together.

"I've been thinking about making the spare room into a nursery... Would you maybe like to help me paint it at some point?" She aired the question softly, pulling them away from worries with boys and feelings they bring up, instead allowing them to focus on something else entirely. "I haven't really decided what I want to do with it, but I want to decorate it while I can still move." A huff of a laugh pushed past her lips, a smile curling there now as the last of her tears fully dried, a new lightness settling in her chest.
Maeve
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
SEREN
For every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
In every lost soul, the bones of a miracle
"Sounds lovely," she murmured quietly. "And yes... when you've decided what you would like, I can help you paint. Just let me know when."

Lying down in the dark room was already making her drowsy. As Maeve settled back down, so too did Seren. The silence bothered her slightly, because she felt that there were too many things left unsaid. But though she tried, the starchild couldn't think of anything that didn't sound whiney, or like an excuse.

"Good night, Maeve," she whispered eventually, and gave up. Maybe it would be easier tomorrow.
In every dreamer a dream - we're unstoppable
with something to believe in
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
My dear, we're slow dancing in a burning room
"I will." Maeve promised, voice seeming much too loud in the quiet of the room, but she pushed away any lingering unease as she willed herself to relax into the mattress. Aidon shifted to curl at her side, his head resting on her belly, the warmth radiating off of him sinking into her bones as he sent a comforting reassurance along their bond. Her eyes were growing heavier by the moment and it wouldn't be long before she slipped off to sleep, but Seren's final words roused her enough to response, "Goodnight, Seren. I love you."

The Nightshade couldn't make herself stay awake long enough to hear if the starchild returned the sentiment, but that was alright. Even if Seren didn't say it, she knew that she did, the feeling of certainty following her into sleep as she finally drifted off.

Tomorrow morning would be filled with pastries and warmth and a new light that made the day seem easier. The two women enjoying a moment of respite before the world made things harder for them once more.

~FIN <3~
Maeve