take a step, take another step
Ray!
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
We can be the kings and queens of anything, if we believe.
It was good advice, even though it wasn't exactly easy to hear. "I'll... try to keep that in mind," the girl murmured. It was very tempting to try and protect people. Especially those who appeared hesitant to throw themselves into the maelstrom that was life as a follower - or daughter - of a Herald. The warm honey-gold of Sah's eyes came to mind, and the sun-kissed embers of Melita's. Their freedom to walk away from the war - and from her - was something Seren would fight to protect, if necessary.

She was pulled out of deep reveries by the down-to-earth reminder that there was indeed still work to be done. Sheepish and blushing Seren jumped to action, arming herself with water and scrub as the process of cleaning the cauldron was repeated.

"You absolutely spoil me," she laughed, when her hunger was betrayed to her friend. Cookies? Oh, now Ray gained an ally for sure. "All this and you still offer me food? I bet you feed stray cats, too. I bet you'll never be able to get rid of me." A warning, or a promise?

Perhaps they were one and the same, in these troubled days.
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Ray Lunarium
Herbalist / Information Broker / Torchline Councilwoman

Age: 27 | Height: 5'5" | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 18 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
RAY
In ancient times
cats were worshipped as gods
Ray was glad that her friend had heard her and would at least keep the concept on the back burner. That was all that the herbalist could ask for. The pot was soon cleaned, the materials and such put away, and the workshop returned to its previous state. Ray took off her apron and hung it on the wall, gesturing for Seren to do the same.

The mention of stray cats had Ray chuckling. "I pick up all manner of strays, both animal and human. You'll be in good company." She gave her friend a quick wink. "I pick up so many alley cats that I had to add an infirmary with beds to my apothecary." Truly, the idiots of Torchline were practically feral in their tendency to get into trouble. And some poor idiot always ended up at Ray's shop needing to get something stitched up.

Leading Seren out of the workshop and up the stairs to her apartment, Ray brought them into the kitchen. On the counter cooling was a fresh batch of cookies, and she handed one to her guest. The herbalist then went over to a cabinet and brought out a tin. She began to fill it with cookies before handing that to Seren as well. "For the road. One cookie is never enough."
They have not
forgotten this
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
We can be the kings and queens of anything, if we believe.
"Good to know," Seren laughed as she followed the woman upstairs. "Then I know where to go, next time I end up with a patient in need of stitches." Somewhere other than the Wren society. She made a point to avoid the owner of that place, lately.

With reverence, she watched the tin be filled with cookies. It was not small, nor was the cookies, and the starchild was very much her father's daughter when it came to food. The cookie she was given to sample was devoured with much humming and appreciative nodding, and when it was gone - it only took a moment - Seren was ready to die for this woman.

"I love you," she said reverently, by the time the tin was handed over. "Don't laugh, Ray, I mean it! I'm sold. Whatever you need, just give me a shout and I'll be right over. It's a promise."

It turns out - even demi-gods could be bought. For the right price.

- FIN
Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.