Training so i guess all the rumors are true
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
I get them all worked up and down on their knees, you see
Maeve looks up at him from where she's sprawled out on the floor, a hand resting lightly on her belly and a laugh huffs past her lips as she grins, "Stop getting into trouble, Jata. People might start to think you just go looking for it." She teases, wrinkling her nose at him as she sits herself up, brushing the sand from her skin. "Just here? Nothing else? I would have thought you'd be down at the beach given the shift in the weather." Maeve muses, rolling her shoulders before gathering her hair up in a loose bun.

She arches a brow, head cocking to the side, "Is it? How is that meant to protect us?" Maeve wasn't sure that Sunjata ever talked about the specifics with her before. She can only hope that whatever it does it'll protect them from significant damage next monsoon season. She's not sure that she can manage to rebuild again. It would just be too much.
They take my fingers in their mouths like it's poetry
Maeve
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 15 - Strg: 76 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 75 - Luck: 79 - Int: 3
PETRONELLA - Mythical - Sea Panther
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 4667
daydream about me, and i know that you hate the nights without me
What, me? Never.” Sunjata replies swiftly, flashing her a smirk. “Just a magnet.” He hadn’t always been this way, but as he’d gotten older, the flaw within him has grown bigger and bigger until even he barely recognizes its existence anymore – the way he cares so much more about everyone else than he does of himself. Self-destructive with a goal of bettering those around him. If it helped someone else, he’d gladly take the brunt of it.

But in order to acknowledge it, it’s bringing up old wounds, and Sunjata’s far past wanting to bring up the true deep dark wounds of his that weren’t able to be fixed with alcohol and sex. So he avoids it swiftly.

A snort is offered to her comment about the weather. “I tend to prefer swimming in Leafchange. I get away with it more often since it’s my birthday season.” He tips a wink her way, before he’s settling again. As for the quest? This is a softer edged smile, a hint of worry that Safrin may reject it since it had taken so long – it’s an irrational thought that’s blurred away immediately as he goes to explain. “I asked Safrin to help build a shield of sorts. One that rises after LongNight, a barrier of stars off the coast that will keep the monsoon winds from reaching Haulani.” His gaze falls back on her, awaiting her response. “I didn’t know that the anchors had been placed before monsoon season hit, so. I apologize for it not being up sooner."
SUNJATA
No permission needed for power play!
Feel free to use magic/force on Sunjata, without killing him <3
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
To think that trouble just found him was naïve. Whether he likes to acknowledge it or not, they both know that he's willing to throw himself in the way of anything for those around him. A bit stupid even if it is a touch noble. Maeve rolls her eyes at him, a smile playing on pink lips as she stands, but despite her seemingly light attitude the Madame doesn't miss the flash in his steel gaze. "Oh right, sorry. It just finds you." She offers in jest, happy to let the topic drop after sensing his discomfort. Maeve isn't interested in dragging up old scars. Not when she knows they're much darker than she's feeling capable of dealing with at the moment.

"Really? Is that the only reason?" She asks conversationally, arching a brow as she moves to pick up her discarded water glass from before, drinking from it slowly. Surely he could get away with swimming other times? It might be just that simple, but Maeve can't help wondering if there is a little more to it than that.

A soft hum pushes past her lips as she crosses her arms lightly over her chest, expression shifting into one of gentle understanding. It could have been done sooner. That's what he's admitting to. She might not be in the process of rebuilding right now had he turned it in before. Except that wasn't the case. He hadn't turned it in and she is left to rebuild. Still, the apology is appreciated even if words don't raise buildings. "My, won't that be useful." Maeve drawls, a small smile tugging on her lips before she's shrugging her shoulders, "Nothing to be done for it now, Jata. I'll get it rebuilt eventually."
Maeve
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Age: 34 | Height: 6'5 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Change author:
It absolutely does.” He hums, plastering an amused smirk onto his face that doesn’t meet his eyes as he stuffs the rest of his issues further and further within him, to be faced at a better time than right now because that would be the last thing Sunjata wanted. Things were going well, he has to remember that. Longheat has arrived and the sun on his skin has brought out his freckles and his tan, had improved his mood, had managed to make him into the sun that he hoped shined down with optimism rather than his typical pessimism.

So he has to try.

Mm, one of them.” He offers before a huff of a laugh leaves him. He walks past her, heading toward the kitchenette again, grabbing his empty glass on the way there and setting it on the counter before he’s reaching into a drawer to grab a cigarette as he apologizes over the previous Flowerbirth. His gaze lifts to her as she shrugs, the small smile on her face blooming some relief within him, however short lived it is. “I’m sure it’ll turn out lovely with your touch on it.” He offers, pouring more water into the glass and raising it in a half toast to her, before taking a sip.
SUNJATA
Sunjata speaks with an Australian accent and has a passive magic that makes him produce a subtle scent that matches exactly to whatever those around him most desire him to smell like.
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
It's amazing how well she's learned his tells in the short time they had together. Maeve easily picks up how he smirks in a way that's meant to go along with her teasing, but it doesn't light up the steel of his irises or cause his eyes to crinkle like they do when he's actually amused. He's upset, but doing his best to push it down. Whether that's because he wants to or because he needs to, Maeve isn't sure, but she doesn't blame him. Instead she watches as he tries his best to move on, acknowledging everything else besides himself.

"You'll still have to take me hunting for pearls. I think someone promised me a whole set of them." Maeve teases, trailing aftering him into the kitchenette and pulling herself up onto one of the counters, tucking one leg beneath her as the other hangs down. She's trying her best to distract him, falling into an old habits she's not sure she'll ever really be able to shake with him. Maybe that's for the best. It's a safe place for her to retreat to. It gives her a persona to hide behind and she's grateful for that.

She dips her head in acknowledgment of his toast, "That's the goal. I'm making it bigger than before. Two separate buildings. One that will act as the Halenani proper and then another that will be strictly housing. That way they have a separation from work. It felt important." Maeve explains, giving him a look into what she has planned for the new and improved Halenani. It's going to be a lot of work, but it'll be worth it. She knows it. "I expect to see you among my volunteers, dear Flood."
Maeve
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
There’s a moment where his brows raise, a crooked smile replacing the plastered one at her tease – watching her enter the kitchenette where he’s settled to make another glass of water. She hops onto the counter, more his height now as they might be able to see eye to eye. “Hm, I think someone did.” He teases back, amused yet not entirely in it. He still focuses on it regardless, though, because it’s easier that way.

And hopefully he’ll have the time to – though all signs point to quite a busy return to Torchline, given that Sunjata doesn’t even know he’s leaving yet. The toast is easy, though, something that’s smooth and quick, one that has him downing his water in a practiced motion, before the glass finds its way to the counter beside her leg and he appraises her. “Good plan. Probably makes it easier for the families, too.” The children being able to have their own little space to grow up in, without strangers intruding.

As for him being a volunteer, his head tilts as he regards her and his lightning scarred hand rises to press under her chin, tilting her head up toward him from where he stands beside her legs. “I’ll clear my schedule.” He offers, before he’s withdrawing. He doesn’t know he’s got a surprise plan in the Grounds coming up, doesn’t know that there’ll be a giant chicken roaming around Torchline at the same time. It was always amazing how things managed to get messy and busy in the blink of an eye.
SUNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Neither of them are aware what is to transpire in the coming days. If they did, perhaps Sunjata wouldn't have left to wander through the ruins and Maeve could have stopped some things before they came to be, but that wasn't in the cards for either of them. Instead they muse about pearl hunting along the coast together, soaking up sunshine and each others company. That is a far more pleasant train of thought for both of them at this time. Maeve smiles sweetly up at him, bracing her palms lightly against the counter, "Don't tell me you forgot, dear Flood. I've been practicing my swimming and everything in preparation." She drawls, arching a dark brow as she dares him to say otherwise lest he wants to disappoint her. They were still friends. Friends could go pearl hunting together, right?

To hear his approval for her construction concept causes her to preen, lighting up as she nods, "That was exactly my thought. Just because some of my girls have children doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to work. I don't want them to have to worry about their children not having somewhere safe to be because they need the space to work." Hence the separate living quarters with common areas for the families to gather and the children to play. Maeve was even going so far as to have one of the sitting rooms made into a small classroom. They might be growing up on the property of a brothel, but they weren't going to suffer for it. Not if she had anything to say about it.

Sea glass green eyes widen a fraction as his fingers press beneath her chin, tilting her face up towards his as he leans into her space and there is a brief second where if feels as if he might kiss her. A flush spreads across her cheeks as she finds herself leaning into him as well, drawn closer despite herself, but the spell is broken as his hand falls away. Maeve inhales almost shakily, licking suddenly dry lips as she nods, "That would be most appreciated." She replies on an exhale, voice a touch breathier than she wishes it to be. Clearly it would take some time before this connection between them faded. A part of her worries it never will.
Maeve
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
A look of surprise crosses his face, one that’s feigned as he feels the edge of a smirk creeping up on him. “Me? Forgetful?” He says in feigned upset that she has the audacity to suggest such an outlandish thing. Never mind the fact he’d spent most of the Climb Fever unable to remember virtually anything aside from his wedding and the time he and Nate had accidentally burned their house down.

So they toast soon after, and he compliments her thoughts on separating the buildings, letting her explain her thoughts to him further and making a mental note to make sure he fixes the records he keeps in his office over such things. “It sounds like you’ve thought a lot about it, too.” He offers with a brighter, crookedly boyish smile that crosses his face instead, his gaze lingering on her when he goes to lean in and comment on his volunteering.

His hand falls away from her and he can see the flush that spreads across her cheeks, the way she leans in, and the breathiness to her voice that has him wondering if he’s overstepped – if he shouldn’t have reached toward her and touched her, even if it had seemed so easy at the time. Still, he can’t help the way his gaze lingers on her a bit longer, before he’s pulling his attention away to reorganize the things left on the counter beside her, reaching out to grab a towel that’s sat behind her. “Have you done anything else yet for your quest for Safrin?” He asks idly, trying to find something easier to talk about rather than his swimming thoughts.
SUNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
A small nod is offered and her lips curl into a faint smile, "I have. I want them all to have a good life." She murmurs softly, shrugging slender shoulders as if it's nothing because to her it kind of is. The decision was an easy one and it made sense for her to do things this way. The way he looks at her is enough to make her stomach flutter nervously, heart fluttering in her chest as his hand reaches to tilt her chin up. There is that moment of uncertainty, waiting to see if he's going to do anything more, but it doesn't come. Instead it leaves her unsure and flustered, hating that he still has some sway over her, but almost scared to think of what it means when this isn't here anymore.

It doesn't help that his eyes seem to burn when he looks at her. Nor does it help that she still craves that attention despite everything. Thankfully his attention shifts from her, giving her a moment of respite to collect herself, drawing in a deep breath. Maeve lifts her hand, running it through the hair that's loose from her bun, "I'm working on it. I collected some lavender from my garden and am having something made to hold the sprigs. Just waiting for that to be finished." She draws her bottom lip between her teeth, nervous for what is to come, knowing that it won't be pleasant. "Locke is going to help me kill something. As far as learning about nonmagical healing... I was going to have October help me, but she's very pregnant and I don't want to put any strain on her."
Maeve
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
It’s an admirable thing, really. It’s why he’d offered to be Governor in the first place when he and Remi had tried to convince Torchline to vote for either of them. He’d never expected to get the position after he’d offered, only wanting to make Torchline safer, better, a beautiful paradise of a life in the sunniest part of the world. And then it had fallen to him and he hadn’t known where to start, if it weren’t for that same line of a good life, and it’s what he’d tried to keep to with the decisions he makes.

He tears his gaze away so that he might be able to put some things away and reorganize, searching for easier and better topics to talk about. He focuses instead on the tasks she has for Safrin, tearing apart a few bandages to place in one of the jars while he listens, humming in response as he considers it. “October?” He asks, head tilting back toward Maeve with a curious gleam to his steel gaze. “Someone from Stormbreak?” He’s not trying to pry or anything, but he’s curious who this October is.
SUNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve nods, shifting on the counter so she isn't in his way as he reaches for various jars that line the wall, "October Hart, I believe? She's the Orders doctor. Not that I have any involvement with them, but I met her while I was doing some exploring." She explains, grabbing her glass of water and taking a slow sip, watching as he fiddles with some bandages for one of the jars. Maeve cocks her head to the side, "She's nice enough, but I don't know if she'd really be up for helping. I had considered asking Nate before it all went to shit, but I'm sure I'll find someone else." Maeve manages to keep her voice even and expression neutral, shrugging her shoulders noncommittally, "That's at least the easier part of all of this."

The killing part is what she was most concerned with. Learning to fight and how to provide first aide was one thing, but killing? That was absolutely outside of her wheelhouse. "I'm nervous about having to kill something. I've never killed anything before." Maeve admits softly, looking up at him from beneath her lashes, lip finding its way between her teeth. She takes a breath, chest expanding with it before she lets it back out slowly, shaking her head. "It's going to be the most challenging, I think." Challenging, but necessary. Maeve knows that this war isn't going to spare anyone. Not even her. She's got to learn how to do this sooner or later.
Maeve
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
As she shifts out of his way he’s able to reach the things he needs to, and with it he draws them all in front of him to begin separating things, listening as Maeve talks of this unfamiliar October. The fact that she’s the doctor for the Order does set his jaw a little tight, puts him a little on edge, but he ignores it for what it is, nodding along and listening regardless. “I’m sure you will.” He offers, refraining from commenting on both of those things – October Hart and Nate.

The second part that she’s more concerned about, the killing aspect of him has him nodding as well, if not hardening a fraction as he wraps up the jar he’d been putting the bandages in and straightens up – letting his gaze focus on her. He’s silent for a moment as he picks apart his words, tongue running along his teeth before he’s inhaling a bit sharply and squaring his shoulders. “It’s easier when you know it’s necessary.” He murmurs, talking from experience. And after a moment longer, he busies himself with something else on the counter so he doesn’t entirely have to look at her. “Whether that be for a quest for a god or self defense or protection. It’s easier that way.” Another brief pause as he considers it.

It’s just not something to take lightly. Have you figured out what you’re going to kill?” An animal of sorts, he hopes, one that would be necessary, given the food that could come of it.
SUNJATA
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve doesn't miss the way his jaw tightens when she mentions the Order and she doesn't blame him at all. She's not much of a fan herself. Her nose wrinkles, "There are surely other options. Maybe one of the nurses at the clinic will be able to help." Maeve shrugs her shoulders, not wanting to focus too much on this part of things, finding that the idea of talking about the Order isn't really all that appealing for either of them. She licks her lips, shifting the conversation towards the other tasks she still needs to complete, letting him in one the trepidation she can't help feeling.

Her eyes lift to him, a small smile on her lips that doesn't fully reach her eyes, "That's what I'm told, but I can't really seem to wrap my head around it." Maeve murmurs, folding her hands in her lap to keep from fidgeting, but it doesn't do much as her foot starts to bob that gives away her anxiety. She watches as he draws into himself, both of them struggling to stomach the idea of killing, but she knows that he's done it himself. Beasts, monsters, people... That doesn't mean it gets easier. Maybe you can stomach it a bit better, but that doesn't make it easier.

A breath leaves her, bottom lip finding its way back between her teeth, "A goat... Locke said it's a good option. Not just for the meat, but it's bigger. Not as easy, I guess. A chicken doesn't hold enough weight." Maeve tells him softly, looking up at him finally, releasing her lip as she manages to make herself sit still for a moment.
Maeve
Sunjata Wrenzaok
the Flood
Archon of King's End

Change author:
Maybe someone at the clinic will help her out. He doesn’t have anyone else he thinks to offer immediately to replace those she’d already sought out and decided against, so he’s thankful in a way when the conversation shifts. It shifts to a different topic though, one that he isn’t sure whether he wants to bring up the points of his own darker self, who he had been raised to be, what he had to do. He tells himself it was survival, but that still doesn’t help the ghosts of those kids his age he’d killed as a teenager.

So he continues to busy himself, stilling when he looks to her and spies that smile on her lips that doesn’t meet her eyes. There’s a hum of understanding, a nod given, before he’s sucking down a breath and running a hand through his hair – grown out a bit longer than it had been kept during Flowerbirth. “You probably won’t until you do it. I didn’t.” Broad shoulders rise and fall in a shrug before he leans against the counter, arms folding across his chest, focusing on her as she speaks of what she plans to kill.

Truthfully, it’s smart, and Sunjata nods in agreement. “Smart man.” He comments idly, working his jaw as he still debates whether he should tell her or not. He supposes it isn’t so much of a secret kept so much anymore, given that his father had arrived and Sunjata had challenged him to a Trial. “The first time I killed something was when I was seventeen.” His gaze focuses on her a bit more intensely, half here and half not. “It was for my Trial. Basically, in Korofi, there were Trials held to weed out the weak. I held a different version of it here with my father, but… I won my first Trial.” By murder. At least ten of them.

He takes a deep breath then, clearing himself out of it with surprising ease and flashes her a small smile.
SUNJATA