you're the only one who seems to care
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Maeve takes the cloth from his, using it to wipe her eyes and her nose, sniffling as she presses closer to him. It's the closest she's felt to being wanted since she got here. Part of her wishes that she just never showed up at Sunjata's doorstep this morning, but she knows better than thinking that this would be avoidable. "Thanks..." Maeve mumbles, drawing in a shaky breath, letting her eyes close for a moment and it feels like there's sand beneath her eyelids. She does her best to ignore it. "There were a lot of things I never did with you... Want to change that." There is nothing but sincerity in her voice even as it breaks, cracking as she tries to speak, forces her vocal chords to work so she might be honest with him.

"You aren't pushing... You stayed over with me before. Doesn't have to be different just cause we're together now, does it?" Except that it is different and they both know it. Different for a multitude of reasons that Maeve can't even speak on herself. It's a new experience and she's trying her best. Even with all of the hurt and heartache. It's a complex thing; trying to start a new relationship while letting go of one that could never be. Her heart hasn't caught up yet, but she's working on it. She doesn't want to feel this way about Sunjata. She doesn't want her heart to yearn for him. It's the last thing she wants right now. Locke deserves better than to deal with her hang ups about another guy.

His words sting, making little nicks of their own against her already battered emotions and she swallows thickly to keep from lashing out at him. That's the last thing she wants to do. "Of course I didn't think they would be the same. I'm not stupid, Locke. I- I knew it wouldn't be like before." The heat behind her words dies quickly, no real fight left in her after the day she's had. "I- I don't even want it to be like that. I just don't want to lose my friend and I feel like I'm going to." Maeve mumbles, shaking her head as she seems to wilt further and despite the urge to suddenly push him away, feeling raw and open and unwilling to let him poke at her, she doesn't and instead stays in his embrace. "It doesn't really matter either way. Nate made it clear that I'm to stay far away."
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
you're the only one who seems to care - by Maeve - 05-12-2021, 12:42 AM
RE: you're the only one who seems to care - by Maeve - 05-12-2021, 03:44 AM