so long
Korbin Hale
Healer / Bartender

Age: 25 | Height: 6'3in (190 cm) | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 4 - Strg: 19 - Dext: 17 - Endr: 20 - Luck: 9 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
KORBIN

Still he would not look at her. The blue eyes, so unusual on a raven, kept studying the snow under its feet. The heavy bill fidgeted with a misplaced down on his chest, tucking and untucking without much success. Only the quickest of glances darted her way as her voice came echoing through, and the bird made a visible effort not to flinch away from it. Sidestepped, then came back. Wings unfurling, stretching. Flapped a few times... only to settle back against inky dark sides.

The silence that followed was profound. In truth, everything was too much. The sheer volume of memories and emotions threatened to overwhelm him, to the point where many long hours were spent staring off at the Tundra. Beyond the Citadel walls, where time did not exist and a boy named Korbin could be allowed to disappear. He had promised to stay, to try, but... it was hard.

"I miss... the music," came a whisper, after an eternity of thought. Or just a moment - it was not easy to tell. Even his thoughts were hoarse, and unsteady. More images and feelings than words, as if it was a struggle to make them coherent. Fingers plucking on lute-strings, a dark-haired woman throwing back her head in laughter, the reflection of himself in a hazy mirror where everything was distorted. Times long since passed, that would not return.
Young and alone on a long road,
Once I lost my way

Messages In This Thread
so long - by Aisha - 05-13-2021, 12:37 AM
RE: so long - by Korbin - 05-13-2021, 01:15 PM
RE: so long - by Aisha - 05-14-2021, 03:28 PM
RE: so long - by Korbin - 05-14-2021, 03:48 PM
RE: so long - by Aisha - 05-23-2021, 02:50 PM
RE: so long - by Korbin - 05-23-2021, 04:30 PM
RE: so long - by Aisha - 05-25-2021, 01:33 PM
RE: so long - by Korbin - 05-26-2021, 10:37 AM