you give me meaning, something I can breathe in
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
It is good to see him relaxed, and it lends a fondness that allows her to roll his eyes at his cajoling response. Unbothered by the lightness he brings to her festering, voidlike pitch. Her resounding snort is far from ladylike. Deimos always did bring that out in her. "Auni likes anyone, do you wish to stake your claim on that crumbling molehill?" Her own taunt rolls out of a sharp-edged smile, weaker than their normal stock. Gaze dropping back to the sparks on her fingers, Hotaru gives his question the due consideration it inspires.

"No. No, it doesn't. Wessex told me she had been called a monster, and how she was scared she was. But Deimos," her eyes lift back to his, dark and roiling with a storm beneath the surface that is aching to be released. "I don't care if I'm a monster. I had to refrain from telling her that she should embrace it, that those who spit such words at her are fearful cowards deserving to be crushed underfoot and proven right." And then the Wraith had said that her thievery and what she'd done to survive did not make her a good person either. Ironic then, that Hotaru had done far worse simply because she desired it.

Water splashes against her face, and in her startlement - or inebriation, really - her lightning pulses in her hand and shatters the glass she'd been playing with, scattering bits all across the table. Hotaru jumps, staring down at the debris, and then immediately begins laughing. "Oops." There is a mischievous look to her face as she lets it rise towards Deimos, ignoring the noise of discontentment from the bartender. "Creation. It's not as if you can heal with it, and it carries the electricity of lightning like a conduit. See how foolish it sounds?" Standing - and summarily wobbling on bare feet - she plucks her shoes from the ground and extends her hand sharply to Deimos, unaware of how the lingering static of her magic is causing her hair to begin lifting, and how if he takes it he will likely shock himself. "Let's go test it out, this lightness you have." It's abjectly mocking, grin wild and untethered, amused by the notion that Deimos is some angelic paragon in the eyes of Caido simply because he can manipulate a little water.
Feel the fear and swallow back the tears
Let weakness disappear, there's nobody but me here
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
RE: you give me meaning, something I can breathe in - by Hotaru - 05-15-2021, 11:37 PM