Personal Quest we worked so hard to build a little house
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

This was turning into a very big project. Not that it was going to be anything but a big project. She was rebuilding an entire establishment after all. Still, the Madame was feeling a touch overwhelmed. Maeve finds herself hiding in the shade of the small canvas tent that is serving as her base of operations. The blueprints that Sera made for her are spread across the wooden table and a list of necessary materials written out on a small slip of paper. Wood, screws, nails, various hardware, more wood, and definitely tools. So much wood and tools. Now she just needs her helpers to gather all of these things!

Maeve looks up, surveying the mostly empty lot before her. They'll have to clear some trees and greenery for the separate building, but that shouldn't be too hard. Besides, they need all the wood they can get.

This is going to be a two part PQ with a time skip!

The first part will consist of gathering materials and the next will be the actual building of the Halenani.

Write yourself arriving and what task you're going to start with!

- Trees and greenery need to be cleared from nearby
- Wood needs to be acquired
- Nails, hardware, and screws are needed too
- We also need tools for everyone as well as some extra helping hands

1. Remi
2. Ronin
3. Raza
4. Locke
So come on, give me a taste
Of what it's like to be next to you
Won't let one drop go to waste
Your metaphorical gin and juice
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 70 - Dext: 63 - Endr: 101 - Luck: 100 - Int: 3
ORIA - Mythical - Spriggan (Ghost)
Played by: Odd Offline
Change author:
MP: 2259
it doesn't matter where you roam, when no one's left to call you home
"What does the closed sign on a brothel say?"

silence

"Beat it, we're closed.." Remi cackles as he flaps his wings with ease at Ronin's side.
"What do you call a vegetable grown in a brothel?"
"Rem—"
"—A brothel sprout. Okay, okay, okay. Just one more?"

Flushed with amusement and the flush of adrenaline that always comes with flying across the sea, the alchemist looks imploring at his husband. "Per favore Ronin? Ancora uno e poi prometto che smetterò." The travelling tongue nearly always worked.

"What do you call it when a brothel worker farts?" Grinning over his shoulder at the Star, looking far too pleased with himself and his wretched sense of humour, Remi waits.
i might have strained a bit too far, i'm countin' all the moonlit stars
Speaks with a thick Italian accent.
Force and magic can be used against Remi without permission.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 15 - Strg: 60 - Dext: 72 - Endr: 58 - Luck: 81 - Int: 3
SUGAR - Mythical - Dragon (Ice Breath)
Played by: Honey Offline
Change author:
MP: 3101
RONIN
the dark star

"A prosti-toot," Ronin drawls, his voice almost lost in the sound of the wind even if the smile in it is still very much audible. He's a few feet back from his husband on their flight, mainly so they don't clash with one another. He nods beneath them soon enough to where the Halenani used to be, the Star dropping into a dive with his arms spread to catch his descent.

He still doesn't quite have the hang of landing, and undoubtedly his husband will be much more elegant, but they made it. And that's the main thing, right? Right. "Here as planned!" he calls to Maeve with a lazy salute, glancing around. "That looks like something that isn't building," he says, nodding at the greenery that needs to be cleared. You don't have to ask Ronin twice, the Star heading over to begin.

Ronin chooses to clear the trees and greenery!
i'll get over it
i just gotta be dramatic first
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
don't you know we're outlaws
givin' the finger to death itself
One good turn deserves another (or maybe it’s just another favor to be tallied in her name), so Raza, who had managed to get herself injured in the Halenani collapse, shows up to the where the whorehoues used to stand. It’s a big ‘ol hole in Haulani’s landscape and people are already bitchin’ about the lack’a places to fuck. To which Raza can only roll her eyes. There are plenty of places to fuck, just depends on who you’re fuckin’.

Arriving last, Raza squints at the mostly empty lot and tries to imagine a new building there. The proprietress nods to Remi and Ronin, with a little wave to Remi. “Long time,” she says casually. “How you doin’?” Ronin she’d seen recently, with his recruitin’ in the Hanged Man.

Noticing a distinct lack’a tools, Raza’s nose scrunches. Who tries to start building without anything to build with? Sighing heavily, and maybe it’s the brutality of the Longheat day already rearin’ its head, but she heads over to the Madame under the tent. “Yer gonna need more tools than this to build a whole new whorehouse. Come on, I’ll get whatcha need.”

-------------

Raza is offering to get tools and things
we got no one to hide from
no one to toast our health
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

Of course he's here. Where else would he be? Practically Maeve's little guard dog at this point, following at her heels like a lost puppy. Except he's late this time. Fashionably so. Or something. Time is a concept. He's pleased as Punch until he sees Remi and Ronin. Did he ever tell Ronin he was leaving? Eh, it's fine. Raza is there too and he tries to ignore the faint bristle he feels at it being called a whorehouse. After all, that is what it is, right?

He stands next to Maeve, hands on his hips with one head tilted to the side before he turns to look at her. "What's first, Babe? Gonna need wood and shit. Could come with me into town." After all, the Halenani isn't going to build itself, right? Out of thin air?

__
Locke is offering to get wood!
I'ma do the things that I wanna do

I ain't got a thing to prove to you
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

Remi and Ronin arrive together, landing nearby and quickly setting to work, "I have a couple of saws and stuff over here to help clear if you need them. Anything that can't be used for building material toss into a burn pile. The rest that can be used for wood break down into something manageable." Neither of them need much direction and given the strength of the two demi gods, they have very little trouble. Except for a flock of hels that have decided to nest in the trees do heckle them a bit, swooping down to peck at the tops of their heads. Not enough to halt progress, but enough to slow them down a bit.

Maeve offers Raza an apologetic smile, a faint flush rising to mix with the pink already in her cheeks thanks to the heat. "I've been working on it. Here is the list of things we need as far as tools go. The shop down near the docks promised to provide that and some workers. Just need to go collect." She instructs, passing the woman a list that's clearly written out with the Madame's order. Raza won't have any problems completing this particular task. Especially not with the extra workers she collects along the way. The woman doesn't even have to carry anything back.

Another smile spreads on her lips at the sight of Locke and she pauses to press a quick kiss to his lips, "Wood and nails and all of that good stuff. They said something about have a few carts loaded up for us. I think we'll just need to get them back here." Maeve explains, taking his arm and heading into town towards the lumber yard that thankfully has some wood set up for them. However they are stuck with trying to hitch up the horses to the carts themselves. Something that proves to be a bit of a challenge given that Maeve has no real idea about what she's doing. "I think I did this wrong..." They're going to have to figure this out before they can head back to the building site.

Pretty easy first round!

- There is plenty of greenery to clear, trees to cut down, and hels to chase off!
- With the arrival of tools and extra hands this should be able to go more quickly!
- Locke and Maeve have to get the carts of wood back to the Halenani, but before they can do that they have to figure out this horse situation!

No posting order!
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Age: 34 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
RONIN
the dark star

Having grabbed a saw, Ronin uses it to wave at the new arrivals, though he does raise an eyebrow at Locke as if surprised to see him again so soon after he joined the dragoons and then promptly changed his mind. If the look of him with Maeve is anything to go by, though, he can understand why. Ah, love. Anyway, the Star gets to work with a mix of brute strength and more brute strength, stripping back greenery and adding dead wood to the burn pile at first.

The hels are an unwelcome addition, granted, and Ronin attempts to swat at one of them with the flat of the saw blade. "Will you fuck off," he snaps to the bird, glancing to Remi for a little help. "You think roaring at them will scare them off?" he asks, flashing the other man a grin. Hels would be no match for a manticore, right?

Ronin tries to smack hels with the flat blade of the saw and suggests Remi roar them away.
i'll get over it
Raza Ekambe
Owner of the Hanged Man

Age: 37 | Height: 5'10 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 19 - Endr: 18 - Luck: 20 - Int:
HOA - Regular - Albino Granite Burmese Python
Played by: Astor Offline
Change author:
MP: 59
don't you know we're outlaws
givin' the finger to death itself
Taking the crisp piece of paper, Raza scans it quickly an’ it all seems to be in order. She nods and flashes a brief grin back to Maeve before pocketing it. “Aight. You got it.” None of it should be too difficult, and the promise of a free turn in the new and improved Halenani for their efforts would surely bring the boys to her yard, the Torcher thinks as she turns on her heels and heads down to the docks.  

The first stop is one of her favorite dockmasters, Earl, who gives her a hearty slap on the back and three men, plus some ropes and pulleys normally used to haul cargo in ‘n out of ships. The men loop the rope around their shoulders and grab the pulleys, heading up towards the construction lot with Raza’s instructions. He gives her a quick sip’a somethin’ sweet and spicy an’ promises to come ‘round the Hanged Man to share the name of the provider - for a cut, of course.

Her second stop is to Alene, one of the few dockmistresses, a tough bull of a woman who can yell like a fucking foghorn when she needs to. Alene provides her with another three hands and hammers, mallets, an’ a saw, and tries to extract a promise from Raza, who can only laugh and shake her head before saying that Maeve really is the final say ‘n all that.

So with six extra people, liftin’ and cuttin’ and buildin’ materials, Raza heads back towards the Halenani lot to see what’s next on the list.

-----------------

Raza gets a bunch of building stuff and six NPCs to help!
we got no one to hide from
no one to toast our health
RAZA
Base Code by Sky!
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Age: 31 | Height: 5'11 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
REMI
i've been sleepwalking and wandering all night
“I think so. Why don’t you go on and give it a try?” The alchemist replies with a smug grin, before hitting his forehead with the flat of his palm as if having only just understood. Oh, you meant me. Of course. Because you can’t—“ He trails off with a bright laugh. Shifting, the manticore indeed roars at the Hels, but not just that. Charging at the trees where more of them have been roosting, Remi slams his paws against the base of it, shaking it nearly to the point of toppling it.

Deciding to use this shift rather than changing back, Remi begins raking at the earth with his powerful claws to remove the worst of the overgrown shrubs and tree roots. This all feels very familiar. He thinks toward his husband, and though manticores aren’t known for being expressive, Ronin will no doubt see a glint of amusement in his husband’s eyes.

Remi shifts to deal with the Hels, and then uses his claws to tear up the shrubs and move them away to be burned.

trying to take what's lost and broke and make it right

Coding base by Sky!
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
LOCKE

He walks arm in arm with Maeve to the lumberyard, waiting as she talks to the sawyer. Soon enough, the wood is all gathered and all that's left is to hitch up the horse. Except he has a feeling neither of them deal with horses often. Well shit. He watches Maeve and no, yeah, she did it wrong. He may not know how to do it right but he knows it's not that.

He steps back for a minute, looking the horse over before trying his hand at harnessing it up. Still looks wrong. Maybe. But he's not about to ask for help. That's just not who he is. "What do you think? This look right?" If only he could do it himself.

__
Locke tries his hand at hitching up the horse!
I'ma do the things that I wanna do

I ain't got a thing to prove to you
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Sorry Rony Pony, but a man waving around a saw at some particularly tenacious Hels doesn't do much of anything. Especially when you roll a one. Lucky for him that Remi is there to save the day. It's one thing to be roared at, but another thing completely to be roared at by a manticore. Not only do the Hels that are pestering Ronin flee, but the ones that were nesting in the tree are eager to go too. It seems that they aren't interested in stick around with the arrival of Remi's shift, quick to scatter once he starts tearing out overgrown greenery like it's nothing. Between the duo, they make a good amount of progress and all that's really left is to cut down the trees from the site. There are about six total on the lot that need to be cut and broken down into beams for construction.

Raza arrives back at the building site and it's to the sight of a mostly cleared plot of land, a demi god, and his manticore husband. The additional men she picked up move to help with the clearing of the trees, starting to saw down the first three they come to. With Raza's guidance, they are able to get them cleared in a short while. There are blueprints on the table in the tent that spell out the steps for building, noting that they will need sand for the foundation as well as some rocks to help brace around the beams. All that's missing right now is the wood to start with.

Lucky for those waiting, Locke and Maeve finally manage to get the horse hooked up properly to the carts, starting the process of hauling one at a time back to the Halenani. It takes them three round trips, but they get the job done after their initial struggle. Maeve smiles brightly at the new recruits as well as Raza, "Alright, we've got our first load of wood. We're going to need sand to backfill the foundation. Probably at least seven or eight trips total. Which one of you want to take some of the men and the four wheelbarrows we have to the beach?" She looks between Locke and Raza, letting them decide between themselves who is better suited.

Round two is a success!

- Remi manages to scare off the Hels that are pestering Ronin as well as clear more greenery. Now they just need to work on clearing the trees as well as breaking the timber down into usable wood.
- Someone needs to take three men down to the beach to get sand for backfilling the foundation.
- Rocks need to be gathered to help brace the posts.
Ronin Taliesin
the White Knight

Change author:
RONIN
the dark star

Even though it's Remi, 100%, to have managed to scare away the Hels and their problematic interruptions, Ronin likes to think he helped. His saw waving must have done something right? Right. "Does it? I can't imagine why," he drawls back to Remi, grinning and sweeping across to start attacking the last six trees. "If I start them off, can you push them over, all big and strong like?"

However they decide to slice it (or in this case, however you decide to saw it and then shove it to the ground), Ronin slips Emmett's axe from its holster to start chopping the wood up into useable pieces. "Oh - I almost forgot!" he says to Remi, shrugging out of his shirt. He'd promised after all.

Ronin suggests that he start sawing the trees and Remi can push them over to fell them. Then he starts to chop up the wood with his axe (and takes off his shirt).
i'll get over it
Remi Taliesin
the Bastion

Change author:
REMI
i've been sleepwalking and wandering all night
Classic Ronin. Getting the wood prepped but wanting me to finish it off. Remi snarls back, sounding annoyed and yet his leonine prance very much suggests otherwise. As does the boyish pulse of amusement that sings between them through their attuned bond.

Watching with narrowed green eyes, the manticore offers his husband a warning rumble, low in the back of his throat. Everyone here has seen me naked already, husband. And you are being very tempting. He says of his husband's physique.

Still, Remi had offered Maeve a favour for her help seasons past, and so despite how utterly drool-worthy Ronin might be, Remi indeed helps fell the remainder of the trees.

Remi pushes the trees over that Ronin has sawed into!

trying to take what's lost and broke and make it right

Coding base by Sky!
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

Locke watches Ronin and Remi clear out the trees, nodding to himself. Neat. Then Raza shows up with more people. Also neat, and useful! They'll need all they help they can get. Luckily the promise of the Halenani opening back up and favors to be given makes it easy enough to find recruits. He wonders if that should upset it him more than it actually does.

Locke helps Maeve unload the wood, waiting for instruction. When she asks for someone to go to the beach, he raises one hand. He'd rather spend a bit of time away from the shirtless men and his girlfriend. It's all a little mixed up in his head. He takes one of the wheelbarrows and waits for the others to take theirs, heading down to the beach with them to gather up sand. Nothing like some good hard labor to get the blood pumping or something.

------
Locke goes to get sand with the NPCs!
let me go on
like i blister in the sun