violent delights have violent ends
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
moral of the story is, i will gut you if i need to
i will carve my way out
Oh, such tragedy then that this is not the first time a bonded soulmate has been torn from her side. An innocent life, doomed simply by being bonded to Hotaru of all choices. Her love has never been enough to make anything stay. So instead, she destroys. Though there is earth beneath her feet she cannot feel it, crumpling to her knees and clawing at the sand in some vain attempt to find solid ground. It burns, her soul and skin alike as Atlas’ bond opens wide in his last moments. At least he is not alone in his suffering. She is there with him until he breathes his last, sharing his pain, and the last words she can manage are I love you. Because apologies would never be enough, and she will not send him into the beyond with the weight of her guilt; no, she will send him with her love. Her gratitude, her kinship. Had she any air in her lungs she would surely be howling, screaming to the blackened skies as her soul is rent and torn.

But she stands. As she always has, through hell and high water. One foot after the other. Wherever Deimos is, inside the building still or out, she speaks in a shaking voice that is low and barely restrained. “Leave me.” She will not drag him down with her on this path of vengeance. His name will not be the one tarnished by morning light. No. What does Hotaru stand to lose in comparison to all Deimos has built? She has nothing. So long as Deimos lives, the one good thing left in her life is secure. Everything else has already been taken and destroyed.

And so Hotaru has nothing left to lose.

What a dangerous state of being.

She zips her jacket high, tucking her hair into it and bringing it up over her face and crown. Hair is far too flammable, and she knows Atlas’ killer controls fire now. The secondary benefit of concealing her features is only a bonus. On light feet she edges around the house, and her eyes are only for the dark haired women; Maeve, sweet Maeve, it will hurt to lose her, especially after all the Madame had done for Atlas. But she had warned her that day in Halo. That Hotaru was a killer, with blood soaked all the way to her elbows. She has never hidden who she is, what she’s capable of. Aurelia has merely given her the opportunity to unleash herself at last.

She gets as close as she can without revealing herself, her reflective bracer and overlarge coat at the ready (ironic, it had been Nate’s and as such is more blanket than coat which is useful to her now). Wanting to be as close as possible for maximum effect. Even with an aching void where her bond had been, she can’t help but instinctively search for Atlas in the crowd. Hotaru’s eyes burn. Atlas’ body is nowhere to be seen, and her soul howls with grief, thrashing like a beast against the cages of her mind, demanding she have this last rite with him. The woman’s face isn’t familiar to her, but even if she had known it was Aurelia, it wouldn’t have stopped her. She summons her lightning once more, as powerful as she can conjure, and aims it straight at the bitch who stole her companion from her.

- - -

- Hotaru has a silent breakdown on the sand. Then she tucks her flammable (and bright) hair into her coat (it’s very big as it was Nate’s) and zips it up and over her mouth and nose for the smoke and to conceal her face. It might also help any potential fire damage though it deflects Basic.

- She tells Deimos to leave her, and goes around the side of the house in the darkness with her bracer raised in case anyone sees or attacks her. She aims her strongest bolt of mastered lightning at Aurelia.

Lightning manipulation: Can create and control Lightning. Must be within a 30ft radius.
Type: Dark | Rank: Mastered

Type: Dark
Ornate Leather Bracers (Upgraded) | The wearer can, at will, redirect both magical and physical attacks. For magical attacks, can redirect them within 10ft. Physical attacks must be within melee range to be directed, and can then be redirected within 10ft.

Type: Grey
Leather Jacket | A leather jacket that can reflect basic fire damage away from the wearer. Can be used again after a two post cool-off period. (Made by Deimos)
with only my teeth
HOTARU
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
violent delights have violent ends - by Hotaru - 05-18-2021, 11:51 PM
RE: violent delights have violent ends - by Jack - 05-19-2021, 02:36 PM
RE: violent delights have violent ends - by Maeve - 05-19-2021, 03:02 PM
RE: violent delights have violent ends - by Jack - 05-20-2021, 02:16 PM
RE: violent delights have violent ends - by Maeve - 05-20-2021, 02:56 PM
RE: violent delights have violent ends - by Adam - 05-20-2021, 04:19 PM
RE: violent delights have violent ends - by Seren - 05-20-2021, 04:55 PM
RE: violent delights have violent ends - by Hotaru - 05-20-2021, 09:18 PM
RE: violent delights have violent ends - by Jack - 05-20-2021, 09:56 PM
RE: violent delights have violent ends - by Maeve - 05-21-2021, 01:43 AM