Dear Maeve
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Hey, starchild, are you listening?

Dear Maeve,

First of all, let me apologize for the time it took me to reply to your letter. After everything that happened, with the fire at the Slagveld and the death of Atlas, I needed some time to collect myself. My hands were not in shape to hold a pen either, as you might understand, but they are all healed now. For a time, I had terrible nightmares about the events that night. I could not help but blame myself for being too slow to save the unicorn. When I could bear it no more, I went to see my mother. Speaking to her about it has helped much, and while I occasionally still dream it is not nearly as often as before.

My thoughts often come back to Hotaru. The remains of her companion are still safe on my hidden island. Do you think she would like to have Atlas returned to her? Or would it be better to let her forget and move on? I am torn on this, and I realize that I do not even know how to contact her to ask.

You asked about Umbra's name. It is indeed in reference to the darkest part of a shadow, as you so cleverly deduced. When our minds first joined, he reminded me of the ocean. How the hues of the water shift and deepen the further out you go, until they turn nearly black. Similarly, I find that his personality is quite layered. There are depths to him I have yet to explore, and a wisdom in all his youth that humbles me. I am honored to have him by my side, and can only hope that you, when you find a companion, will be able to experience the same joys as I do now.

Life in Stormbreak is much the same as it alwas is. I have acquainted myself with more of the locals, and the city feels less strange to me with every day that passes. My training with the Dragoons goes well, though I have begun to question if the life of a soldier really is the right path for me. I do not enjoy inflicting wounds and pain unto others, and while that is not everything a Dragoon is, it still worries me that I might not be able to do my duty when the time comes. Would I be able to swing a sword and take a life? I do not know. Perhaps I will never know, until the moment comes. Still, I find the mastery of weapon skills and tactics enjoyable, and I spend many of my evenings pouring over old maps. Perhaps I could learn cartography and map the Wilds? It would be quite an adventure.

Speaking of, father and I will be making a trip to Halo soon. I have been busy making preparations, and I expect we should be leaving any day now. I can't tell you what it is about just yet, but rest assured; as soon as we are back I will regail you with the full story! Look forward to it! I most certainly do.

I hope this letter finds you in good health, and that the rebuilding of the Halenani goes as scheduled. Tell Locke I said hi! I miss him, he hasn't written to me even once since he left... I hope you are both well.

Your friend, always,
Seren Taliesin

Seren
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.

Messages In This Thread
Dear Maeve - by Seren - 05-19-2021, 01:43 PM
RE: Dear Maeve - by Maeve - 05-19-2021, 04:10 PM
RE: Dear Maeve - by Seren - 06-03-2021, 06:43 PM
RE: Dear Maeve - by Maeve - 06-04-2021, 11:24 PM