anything can happen
Aurelia Murlow
the Fireheart

Age: 29 | Height: 5'7" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 4 - Strg: 18 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 27 - Luck: 21 - Int:
Played by: Catalysta Away
Change author:
MP: 630
Aurelia
hear those bells ring deep in the soul
chiming away for a moment
He jolts awake and Aurelia jumps slightly in reaction, too, but she remains steadfast, kneeling beside him. She nods gently in understanding, knowing that he had tried to stay awake, knowing that the amount of healing he'd done had likely exhausted him too much. "It's okay," she murmurs, leaning down to rest her forehead against his for a moment. In the back of her mind, she knows this may feel strange for him, all these changes on top of all the panic and chaos. But she can't get past the relief of knowing that it's okay. At least, for now, in this quiet moment, things are okay again.

Pulling in a deeper breath, she leans her head back to look at him again, curling her knuckles into his palms as he holds her hands in his. "Safrin Attuned me," she answers, "after I completed her quest, I asked for it. I promised myself to her." Her still-green eyes darken at this fact, uncertain of what that means for her in the future - but willing to find out all the same. "I'm glad that I did. It was her shield that saved my life last night," she points out, swallowing hard.

"I... I still don't know what happened to me out in the Oerwoud. One moment everything was fine and the next..." she shakes her head, confusion pulling a deeper frown onto her face as she tries to ascertain what exactly had happened to her. She can't, not really. "But after, I looked different. There was something out there with me, I think it did this to me."

Her hands move to wrap around his, squeezing them gently, "I'm still me, though, Milo," and maybe that's the problem.

She pulls back more, hard lines forming along her face. "Last night... someone tried to burn down the Slagveld, and I... I stepped in. I had to. Sunjata's gone, Nate too..." and she lets the truth of it all spill out, "I killed their companion because I couldn't see them. I thought it would make them stop, I thought they would realize the mistake they were making," she looks down at their hands as she lets go. She proceeds to stand up, rising on legs that are still shaky, looking at him without quite looking at him, "They turned on me for that. They were Abandoned, I think. They used magic, they were invisible..."

She grits her teeth together hard, searching for the anger, for hatred and malice that she thinks must be there pounding furiously in her heart. But all she feels is a lingering hurt from a wound inflicted such a long time ago, and a need to protect what she has now. "I still can't figure out who it could've been or why they'd attack Torchline. But Jack might know more than me," her gaze finally shifts to take in Milo more fully now, to really see him there, and she only hopes that he understands. "I'm arbiter now, I have to.. I have to try."
feel your breath course frankly below
see life as a worthy opponent

Messages In This Thread
anything can happen - by Milo - 05-22-2021, 07:17 PM
RE: anything can happen - by Aurelia - 05-22-2021, 08:05 PM
RE: anything can happen - by Milo - 05-22-2021, 08:46 PM
RE: anything can happen - by Aurelia - 05-22-2021, 09:30 PM
RE: anything can happen - by Milo - 05-22-2021, 10:17 PM
RE: anything can happen - by Aurelia - 05-23-2021, 05:40 PM
RE: anything can happen - by Milo - 05-24-2021, 04:37 AM
RE: anything can happen - by Aurelia - 05-24-2021, 06:57 AM
RE: anything can happen - by Milo - 05-24-2021, 07:08 PM