[se] baby this rain changes everything
Varus Callahan
Assassin / Hollowed Grounds Captain

Age: 347 | Height: 5’7 | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 14 - Dext: 12 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 20 - Int:
Played by: Skylark Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
you were in the fallout and you lost some friends //
It’s certainly the last thing he expects, but there’s something raw in Remi’s voice that has him stilling, stopping when asked, letting all the other words die on his tongue. They’re both left in the dark a bit and Varus doesn’t entirely know what a literal part means in this instance. But he does know that he likes Isla. A lot. And the last thing the Ascended wants to do is hurt her.

So his eyes meet the demigod of death’s, looks him right in the eye, stock still as Ascended were prone to being — all amusement faded for sheer seriousness and a hard set jaw. “The last thing I want to do is hurt her.” He vows quietly, hoping Remi might be able to see the honesty in his eyes. The jealousy over everything else can come later, because it was still fresh, still a shiny relationship just about as new as his arm to him.

But before Remi can become the demigod he is, the Lullaby softens and Varus visibly relaxes a fraction in the face of it, before the arm is outstretched, wrist offered and Varus’ gaze darts to it consideringly. The metal hand rises, giving the other man’s arm something to rest on, before his gaze lifts to the other man’s face. “I…” Well, this is awkward. “If you’re sure, Remi.” He pauses, scanning Remi’s face as though it might harbor the lie or the doubt within there that Varus wouldn’t be able to keep her safe.

I will keep her safe, Remi. I promise.” It’s another vow. “I’m a soldier, I’ll protect her.” He scans the Lullaby carefully, his metal arm gentle and cold in the night against Remi’s skin. But provided he seeks what confirmation he seeks within Remi’s face, only then does Varus lift the arm to his lips, wrist up – fangs slipping into his skin to take only as much as he needs – not wanting to prolong the awkward process of this longer than he has to.
VARUS

Messages In This Thread
[se] baby this rain changes everything - by Remi - 05-24-2021, 01:49 AM
RE: baby this rain changes everything - by Varus - 05-24-2021, 02:10 AM
RE: baby this rain changes everything - by Remi - 05-24-2021, 02:14 AM
RE: baby this rain changes everything - by Varus - 05-24-2021, 02:20 AM
RE: baby this rain changes everything - by Remi - 05-24-2021, 02:25 AM
RE: baby this rain changes everything - by Varus - 05-24-2021, 02:49 AM
RE: baby this rain changes everything - by Remi - 05-24-2021, 03:01 AM
RE: [se] baby this rain changes everything - by Varus - 05-25-2021, 12:44 AM