and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

He's not sure if it's her voice or her moving around that wakes him but he groans softly, trying to stretch under her. It's not easy and it doesn't do much. And on any other day and if they were in their bed, he would shove her off. He's being nice today though, she should enjoy it while she can. Hazel eyes finally open and he rolls just enough to look out the window. Still got a little time but they should really start getting ready.

He presses a kiss into the top of her head before pushing her back slightly. "Get up sleepy bones. If we wanna get everything ready and not be in a rush, we gotta get up now." They definitely wouldn't need to rush but still. He's just like that. He's always the first one to wake up and the first one to be ready. He likes it, another thing on their list of opposite traits.
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in-between is mine
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Of course Locke doesn't let her snuggle longer. He has plans. They both do. Sunsets, food, and frolicking. All of it far better than staying tangled together on the couch. Maeve groans, huffing and pouting as he pushes her to sit up, but she goes after a moment. Lazily she stretches out like a cat, back arching as she lifts her arms above her head before she's pushing off of the couch to drift into the kitchen. Maeve purses her lips, looking through the different fruit they have and selecting a pineapple, bananas, various citrus, and some strawberries. "How do you feel about fruit salad?" She calls over her shoulder, waiting for him to join her, meanwhile selecting a good knife for actually cutting fruits.

"I think we still have some of those cookies you made. I managed to not eat them all." Maeve muses mostly to herself, considering what all they could pack into their picnic. If there was one thing that motivates her, it's food, but not just food. Locke's food is the best and whatever weight she's lost from the stress of the past season has been steadily regained thanks to his diligence in preparing meals even with his injured hand.

She starts cutting the strawberries first, slicing them evenly into a bowl, glancing over at him to see if he's joined her yet. "I could make us some of that fruity tea." The suggestion falls from her lips easily, brows knitting together in consideration.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
LOCKE

He feels better after sleep and it seems like she does too. Sometimes that's all you really need. She rolls off of him and heads into the kitchen. He lays there for a moment, watching what he can see of her with mild interest. He hums in agreement before pushing himself off the couch. His movements are slow as he makes his way to her.

She's had to take over a lot of the finer parts of cooking for him, the cutting and things. At first it annoyed him but now? He kind of enjoys it. Locke slips his arms around her waist, pressing a kiss to the side of her neck as he half pins her against the counter. "You've gotten better with a knife." It's mumbled into her skin as he nips just below her ear.

No pressure here, no need for sex, but that doesn't stop the slow burn of lust that lingers in his belly. It's always there when he first wakes up, especially when she's with him. "Tea sounds good too." Honestly he'd be down for anything. As long as she's happy.
The in-between is mine
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 26 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Maeve

It's amazing what sleep can do for a person. He slips behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and drawing her closer to him, but she presses into him just as much. Her movements falter as his lips find the curve of her throat, pressing against that sensitive spot just below her ear that makes her shiver, fingers curling to brace against the edge of the counter. "Probably because I have a good teacher." Maeve breathes, drawing her bottom lip between her teeth as she sets the knife down, not wanting to end up with a sliced finger because she's distracted by his mouth on her skin. Sparks stir in her belly, heat spreading slowly through her and starting an ache between her thighs, but there is a pleasantness in the feeling he elicits in her.

It's been a while since they've been together and while there isn't any pressure, there is a want that blossoms in her chest, urging her to chase after the feeling that's building between them. "I'll make some then.." Maeve murmurs, craning her neck to give him more room to press kisses against her skin as she trails her fingers over his arm, finding the top of his still bandaged hand to guide it over her belly. The movement causes the fabric of her stolen shirt to bunch up, exposing the tops of her thighs to the warm breeze that fills the kitchen.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

"Mm, you'll have to tell me who that is some day." Purred against the shell of her ear just before he presses another kiss there. She indulges him, much to his surprise. After everything they talked about in the shower, he figured she'd let him linger a moment before pushing him away. But then again, maybe easing up on the pressure has helped in some small way. But they've got a schedule or something to stick too. So even as he rucks up her shirt a little more and presses more kisses to her neck, he slips away from her to start gathering things. This is his favorite way of playing this game. Working her up and letting her down until she's needy and pliable for him.

Or it fades. Either one works for him. His hands may be fucky still but he can get himself off. It's a blessing and a curse. He heads back into the living room to find a blanket, folding it up to bring with them. As much fun as sitting on the sand is, he has a feeling they might do more than just sit there. "Should get on it then. We should leave soon."
The in-between is mine
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

As if he doesn't already know. Maeve giggles, leaning into him heavily as his lips press against the sensitive shell of her ear, causing her to shiver in sweet anticipation. "I might be able to be bribed to give you a name." She hums softly, rocking her hips back ever so slightly against him, grinding her ass into him and rucking up her shirt further. For a moment, she thinks he might give into her. That he might let them both indulge in something soft and slow and a little depraved in their tiny kitchen in their tiny home that holds their tiny life. Except he draws away from her, leaving her flushed and wanting, shirt wrinkled and skin singing for more of his touch even as he retreats.

A quiet breath is let out as she tries to gather herself back up. It's a gentle back and forth. A fun little game both of them like to play. They both need it right now. The build up to a release that would hopefully have them sinking into some form of contentment with each other. Maeve glances at him from over her shoulder, a flush still coloring her cheeks as she picks up her knife and starts cutting again, making fairly quick work of the fruit. "I'm working on it." She huffs, rolling her eyes at him even as she grows acutely aware of him moving around their shared space, keeping tabs on how close he gets to her and noting that he never fully approaches her again.

It takes them about thirty minutes to get everything together. Maeve carefully packs the basket full of their goodies. Fruit salad, cookies, fruit tea, cheese, and fresh bread. Two plates, a knife, and one cup for them to share all fit in along with the food. She slips the basket into the crook of her arm after tugging on a pair of loose cotton shorts knowing full well that they will likely end up both naked in the water at some point. "Ready to go, mon amour?"
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

He can tell she's annoyed and he loves it. It gives him too much power. Getting under her skin is his second favorite thing. (The first is getting under her of course.) He goes around and collects the other little things they'll need like towels and the blanket and things like that. He doesn't ever really get close to her again, not enough to touch. He does occasionally pin her with long glances or his very own version of bending over slowly. It's all a mess really.

But the things are gathered and he's put on real people pants instead of the holey shorts he'd been wearing before. Locke gives her a little nod, holding his arm out for her to take it. "So why'd you start calling me that? I thought I was your pet or something." He's smart enough to figure out what she's calling him, roughly. He's not against it but he is curious.

He leads her out the door and starts her down the path that would take them to his little spot. Their little spot really. It's almost weird to think how little of himself still exists, how much of it he shares with her. It's not bad though, to finally let someone else in. He quite likes it actually.
The in-between is mine
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve takes his arm, smiling softly up at him as she shrugs her shoulders lightly, "I can call you more than one thing, can't I? It just feels right. Fitting. I call people 'love', but none of them are mine." Not that Locke is hers. She doesn't own him just like he doesn't own her. Maeve draws her bottom lip between her teeth, peeking up at him from beneath her lashes, "You are my love. If that's what you want. Unless you'd prefer me to call you pet?" She asks curiously, head cocking to the side as they slowly meander towards their spot.

It was special to her. Never before had she had a spot with someone. A shared thing that was just for them. It was interesting to think that they were so tangled up in each other now. Their lives blending and bleeding into each others, but somehow it doesn't get messy or muddled up. Instead their colors compliment each others, highlighting their difference, but joining into something beautiful. Maeve likes to think that the picture they're making together is one worth keeping.

They reach their spot after a short walk and the sun is just now starting to turn the sky hazy, shining through the clouds as it approaches the horizon. Maeve lets him spread out the blanket first before setting their basket down on the counter, toeing off her shoes before settling on the blanket. The breeze coming off the ocean is sweet, smelling of salt and sun, washing over them as they get comfortable. It's light enough that it doesn't kick up sand and instead keeps them cool. "We should do this more." Maeve says softly, stretching out her legs as the golden rays bathe both of them in gentle warmth that only comes at this time during the day.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

He raises an eyebrow as she talks, trying to figure out what she means. Lots of people are love but not her's but he is? Something between a laugh and a scoff bubbles up in his chest. "I guess I am. But you can call me whatever you want, Mae. Pet, love, bastard. Whatever feels right." He sticks to Mae, mostly. Kitten feels off, even if he knows she's okay with it. Maybe in bed or something.

The beach is quiet, the hels lingering on busier parts of the beach, and there's no one else here. Once the blanket is spread out, Locke promptly lays down, stretching himself across it like a large cat. "Yeah? I think so too." It's nice and he's always admired the way her skin looks bathed in the evening sun. The last time they were here though, things were off. When he made her choose. He wonders if she regrets it.

Before the thought can bury itself too far in his brain, he opens up the basket to start eating. It's all light things but it's fine with him. After this morning, he's not sure he could stomach something heavier. "Want to play in the water after this?"" He's trying to put as much distance between her and the killing as he can.
The in-between is mine
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Maeve huffs out a soft laugh, shaking her head as she glances up at him, "Mon amour feels right. You are my love." She murmurs, repeating the sentiment again as she leans into his side as she gives his arm a gentle squeeze. It's softer than before. Not as flirtatious, but it feels right for them in this time. A faint flush rises on her cheeks, but she does her best to ignore it as they get the blanket spread out and they both settle on the blanket in the warm sun.

Her attention shifts to him as she spreads out on the blanket, longue limbs splaying out as if he's perfectly at ease. A cat bathing in the sun. Maeve hums softly, running a hand through her curls as the breeze ruffles them gently around her face, "I think it would be good for us. A little bit of time away from it all." She melts into this moment with him, taking in the way the sun makes him seem tanner and the breeze tugs playfully at his shirt, causing it to flutter in the wind. It's hard to even think about before. The way they had been so close to falling apart that night. Now she feels nothing but contentment as she lays here with him, fingers lacing together before they're moving to dig into their basket of goodies.

"I'd love to. Can't promise I'll be any better at swimming, but you can hold me in your arms anyway." Maeve plucks a strawberry from the bowl, popping it into her mouth with a satisfied hum, chewing slowly as the sweet juice spreads over her tongue. She gets another piece between her fingers, offering it out to him with a little smirk.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

Maybe one day he'll stop feeling so weird about being this close to her, to someone. Still, the name makes his stomach feel fluttery and he can't help but flush with the admission. He doesn't belong to her but he is her's all the same. Just like she is his, even if she's still her own person. It's hard to explain but he gets it.

He hums in agreement, eyes fluttering closed as he takes in the evening sun and the smell of the ocean. Stormbreak was beautiful but this is where he was meant to be. The ocean and the sun are just as much his blood and flesh as the rest of him. And it's nice to enjoy a calm moment with her. No gods, no Halenani, no Sunjata or Hotaru. Just Locke and Maeve and the ocean and the setting sun. Yeah, they need more of this.

"You just want me to hold you.." He huffs a laugh, watching her eat the strawberry. A trickle of juice runs down the corner of her mouth and the urge to lick it off is strong. Before he gets the chance to do anything too stupid, she's holding a berry out to him. Seems the sun isn't the only lingering heat. Locke grabs her wrist before he leans forward, holding her gaze as his teeth sink into the red berry. He holds her until he's swallowed it, leaning forward again to lick the stray juice off her fingers. Two can play at this game.
The in-between is mine
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

A smirk spreads across berry pink lips as he tongue peeks out to swipe along her bottom lip, "So what if I do? Is that a crime?" Maeve pouts playfully, making a show of huffing at him even as she extends the berry between two fingers. Her sea glass gaze locks onto him, watching with bated breath as he seems to move almost lazily, fingers wrapping around her slender wrist to keep her in place. Not that she'd try to move right now. That's the furthest thing from her mind along with everything else that's plagued them the last few weeks. Instead she's solely focused on the way his lips wrap around the strawberry, teeth barely grazing the pads of her fingers, making her shiver at the sensation.

That alone would have been enough to make her scoot closer, but then his tongue is cleaning the stickiness off of her fingers too, leaving nothing but heat behind. A soft sound rises in the back of her throat as she finally draws her hand away from him, bottom lip caught between her teeth, "Good?" She airs the question despite the fact that she already knows the answer. Is this how it's going to go tonight? Teasing each other until they can't possibly stand it anymore? That's the path they seem to be on right now and Maeve can't really say she's upset about it.

Her fingers find a piece of pineapple next and she makes a show of her teeth sinking into the pale flesh, juice gushing as soon as she does so, dripping down her hand and chin. "Whoops.. guess I'm a bit messy." It's a bad line. A really bad line, but it doesn't matter because he's already looking at her like he wants to devour her and she knows she's won.
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Change author:
LOCKE

He rolls his eyes but doesn't give her a straight answer. They're both too distracted with distracting each other. And she's doing a very good job of catching his attentions. She takes another piece of fruit and he can't help but focus on her mouth. He always joked that he had an oral fixation but holy fuck. Little rivers of juice run down the corner of her mouth and between her fingers and it takes every ounce of willpower in his body to not lick her clean.

He pushes himself up with one hand, leaning closer to her, as he finds a berry of his own. He's testing the waters maybe, seeing how far she's willing to go. "Maybe you should let me feed you." If he was trying to pretend to not be turned on, he's failing. How quickly things have shifted since their little shower together. Maybe when this is all over, he'll ask her what changed. But right now he's got a berry for her to eat. Except he doesn't hold it out with his fingers, no, that'd be too easy.

He takes the berry between his teeth, leaning forward to bump his nose against her's. She can have it, for a kiss.
The in-between is mine
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Change author:
Maeve

Her eyes watch as his golden gaze drops to her mouth, tracking the juice that runs down her chin and fingers, the tip of his tongue coming out to wet his own lips as if he can taste it himself. There is a surge of satisfaction watching the way he tenses up, body coiling as if ready to strike if she makes a move, but he manages to maintain his control. Maeve takes two of her fingers into her mouth, sucking them clean as she peeks up at him from beneath her lashes, a smirk curling on her lips as she draws them from her mouth with a wet pop. His suggestion earns him an arched brow and she hums softly, leaning into him just as he leans into her, unable to resist the pull between them now.

Not that she wants to. They need something good and despite everything, it feels right now that they're tucked away in their spot with nothing but the ocean for company. Maeve licks her lips, eyes following his hand as it delicately plucks a berry from the bowl and her lips part, tongue ready to accept the sweet fruit, but he has other ideas. It's placed between his teeth, juice spreading across his lips as he dips his head forward, bumping his nose against hers in that way he always does before going in for a kiss. Maeve brings a hand up to grip the collar of his shirt, drawing him closer to her as she presses her lips to his, tongue already lapping at the sweet juice that it can reach. A hum vibrates through her chest, eyes fluttering shut as she accepts the berry from him, tasting the sweet fruit and him and the salt in the air in a mixture that's so perfect it has her shivering in delight.