and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

Wrong, Locke. It will absolutely not go away. They're going to have to talk about things sooner or later. That sooner seems to be now. The words are caught in her throat as he turns to look at her, dark brows raising when he sees she's still dressed. Maeve feels her cheeks flush, dropping her eyes to look at his chest instead of holding his gaze. He approaches her slowly, pressing into her space as his fingers trail over her skin, tracing down her arms and drawing goosebumps to the surface before he finds the hem of her stolen shirt to tug it over her head.

A shiver runs up her spine, startling a breath from her as it pushes past her lips in a shaky exhale, eyes finally lifting back to his. He doesn't look her over from head to toe. He doesn't even touch her. He just looks into her eyes, seeing past the bullshit she's trying to put up. Why hide behind this persona with him now? Have the days been that difficult that she feels the need to put on this mask?

The flirting helps and she's so tempted to give in, but it doesn't feel like the right time. Not because she doesn't want him, but because she doesn't want to pretend. If they're going to be together she doesn't want to hide herself away and put on a show. Things are bad. They know they're bad. Why do they have to act like they aren't? Maeve steps into the shower with him, shifting behind him and letting her arms slip around his waist. Her forehead drops to rest against his back and she lets out a breath.

"I don't know how to act right now. I- I want you and I want to be with you, but I don't feel my best." She takes a breath here, eyes slipping closed as she presses her cheek to his back, not letting him turn in her arms. "I don't want to pretend like I do." She has to pretend with everyone else. Always having to put on a show to be a playful, sweet, and bendy little creature who giggles and gushes over her partners even on her worst days. That's not what she wants with him. It never has been.

"I don't know how you want me, either. The Maeve I am at work and the Maeve I am here are different... I- I don't know how to mix them and I'm afraid that makes you think I don't want this or you, but I do. I so desperately do, but I don't know how to show you that right now." The words come tumbling out of her in a rush. As if she's afraid if she doesn't say them now she never will. Maeve cares about him. She cares about him more than she's ever cared about anyone. She loves him. This fucking matters and she doesn't want to mess this up. Maeve picked him twice for a reason. She wants this. The good, bad, and everything in between.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
RE: and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass - by Maeve - 05-30-2021, 03:32 AM