and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

The water is warm on his skin but it's nothing compared to the heat radiating from her as she presses against him. She wraps her arms around him and he knows he's not supposed to turn to look at her. Some part of him wants to but he thinks this is one of those things where she can't look him while she does it. He gets it, he really does. So he listens, one hand curling around one of her wrists. He can feel the rapid fluttering of her pulse there and it makes him feel bad.

He has been kind of insecure about all of this. Can she really blame him though? Maeve acts totally different around him. But as she talks he thinks that maybe that's just a sign of how much she wants him too. Yeah no, they're both just as lost, just as unsure of how to behave around the other.

"I know, Mae. I don't expect you to want that kind of stuff either, not right now. Not after everything." The fire, this, all of it. He gets that she's maybe not feeling entirely like herself. He knows he's not. Plus, she's always so busy all the time, right? With the Halenani and everything else. He can't expect to be the only thing she's worried about at the moment.

He's just greedy is all. But that's not realistic. They've just gotta figure out their balance or whatever. "We're still figuring shit out. I don't know how to be either. I'm not used to having someone around who cares about me. But I don't want you to think I'm just in it for the sex or whatever. I'm in for the bad stuff too. The ugly stuff. The nasty stuff. I just don't know how to show you that either. That I'm in for all of it." For how ever long she's willing to keep him anyway.
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in-between is mine

Messages In This Thread
RE: and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass - by Locke - 05-31-2021, 03:10 PM