and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

He lets her talk. He lets her get it all out even though she's sure that it doesn't make the most sense. It doesn't matter because he gives her the chance to do it on her own and she's grateful for that. Maeve sighs against his back, pressing a kiss between his shoulder blades in hopes of communicating how much he means to her in that one press of lips. She loosens her grip on him so he can turn if he wants to even as she finds his fingers and laces them with her own. The breath that leaves her is shaky at best, but the tightness in her chest is easing and she thinks he understands. It's so new. New and delicate and close to being blown apart at a moments notice. She wants to hide it away. Protect it from the judgements of others in hopes that it will make them stronger, but she knows it doesn't work like that.

"I know it's not just about the sex, but that doesn't mean you don't want it or that you don't want that side of me too. I'm just worried that you'll feel like everyone else. I don't want to treat you like I treat my clients because you aren't one of them. You never really were. I don't know if you know that, but you weren't." Maeve murmurs, voice almost lost in the echo of the spray that rains down onto them. Her fingers trail across his torso, tracing along his hip and up his side, further up to his chest until her palm rests over his heart. "I didn't just say it back because I thought you'd want to hear it. I said it because I meant it. I love you, Loxley. Love every part of you. I picked you." Because he's good for her. He takes care of her and looks at her like she's worth so much more than she feels. How could anyone else compare? They can't. Not in the same way. Nothing would ever be like this.

She waits for him to face her. Her eyes find his, sea glass green that isn't as bright as usual, weighed down by things that she's never had to carry before. Her hand comes up to cup his cheek, thumb brushing lightly across his skin, "I want to keep figuring shit out with you. I don't care if it isn't easy. I want it. All of it. I'm sorry if I'm not the best at showing that." Maeve breathes, swallowing thickly as she waits for him to respond to her confession, breath caught in her throat as her heart seems to pound in her ears.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
RE: and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass - by Maeve - 05-31-2021, 03:37 PM