and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

He figured they'd talk today but not about this. He's curious why it's even on her mind. Maybe it was just something lingering in the back of her head. Everything is tilted and he's starting to wonder if that's just how it's going to be. He doesn't think he minds, as long as she's tilted with him.

She keeps talking and he keeps listening, wondering who this is really for. Maybe for her, maybe for him. They both need it though. He doesn't want to be treated like her clients either. He's never really felt like one. Maybe the first night they were together, playing poker and talking shit. But not since then. Hell, he only left the way he did the first time they slept together because he didn't feel like a client and it scared him.

All of this scares him honestly. But he can put on a brave face for her. He presses a kiss into her palm, mirroring the one she presses into his back, before turning around to face her. He leans into her touch, breaking the gaze they were holding for a moment. He's not good with words. He tries to show things with his actions but he wonders if he's doing a good job with that. He's aloof, distant, that's just how he is, even when he doesn't want to be.

What she says makes his chest tighten. She says she loves all of him but she doesn't know all of him. She loves the Locke she's seen, not the Locke he really is. But he's done his best to hide that part of himself, for years and years. But he thinks maybe he'd have to share it with her some day. He knows he does if he wants things to work. But he's not sure if he's ready, if she's ready. "I wasn't just saying it either, Mae. I love you too, a lot. It's kind of scary honestly.. The thought of losing you makes me feel.." Possessive? Angry? Like he could burn the world down in response?

He leans down, bumping his nose against her's. He doesn't look at her as his grip on her waist tightens, afraid she might run away from him. "I've got blood on my hands, Mae. I'm not a good person. Or I wasn't. I don't know. Maybe I am now." He's rambling, rushing through his words as if he says them quickly enough she won't hear them. He knows that's not how it works though.
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in-between is mine

Messages In This Thread
RE: and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass - by Locke - 05-31-2021, 03:58 PM