and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

He turns to look at her, only holding her gaze for a minute before he's looking away again, but it doesn't hurt that he can't look at her. She couldn't look at him when she was talking earlier. It's harder to when it feels like something you say might make the whole thing come crashing down. They're trying to be open and if that means they can't look each other in the eyes right now then she'll take it. Her fingers trail along his cheek to curl at the back of his neck, thumb brushing across the sharp jut of his jaw as the muscles feather there while he works over his words. A sharp intake of breath settles between them as she steps closer, molding herself against him because she needs the contact to keep herself together. Her head bobs in agreement, a soft sound rising in her throat, "It is scary. I'm scared too. For all I talked about wanting something like this... I've never had it before. Now I'm just scared of losing it." Of losing him.

At first she thinks he might kiss her and she's already rising on her toes to meet him, straining in his grip to get closer so she might return his affections, but she's left wanting when his nose merely bumps against hers lightly instead. The confession is unexpected, but not surprising. Is anyone clean anymore? It seems they've all committed sins. She knows that she should probably question it. That it shouldn't just be something she's willing to accept, but the Locke she knows isn't bad. Guarded, calculated, perhaps cold at times, but not bad. He cares. He's trying to be better in little ways and that means more to her than anything he could have done in his past. Maybe that makes her bad too.

"You're good to me... You're good to a lot of people. Why does the past after matter now? That Locke isn't who I know. This is what I know. I know that you were willing to go into a burning building for my workers. I know that even though you aren't sure about the gods, you're willing to help me grow closer to them. I know that you were willing to fight for me. None of that could ever make me see you as bad." It might be everything else clouding her judgement, a sweet rose color hiding the worst of it from her view, but she finds that she doesn't particularly care. She's not sure she ever will.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
RE: and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass - by Maeve - 05-31-2021, 05:07 PM