and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

His chest hurts and every nerve in his body is screaming to run, to get away, to not let her induldge in his kindness or his love. To not let himself be seen that way. He knows, deep down, he's not a bad person. Maybe he just doesn't want to believe it. Or maybe he's just not willing to accept that he's a good person. But he told her once she doesn't get to decide what he wants and maybe he doesn't get to decide what she wants either.

And he knows he wants this. And so does she. So like, why keep fighting it? There's a sigh, something between relief and resolve. He's going to have to give in some day, why not know? Why keep fighting against what they want? They've both been doing it and maybe it's time to give up. Might as well live the kind of life you want, especially with a war on the way. Even if they both try to avoid it, there's little chance they won't be caught up in it. He doesn't want to regret the time he spent with her if something happens.

So he leans down, capturing her lips. "I've never done this either, not really. Which is kinda sad. Like.. Ten years older than you at least." He's mostly joking. He's kind of scared he might be right though. He knows he's older but it's less of a big deal for a guy than it is for a girl, right? She does want kids some day.. Maybe she should have them with someone younger than him though.. They'll cross that bridge when they get there. They barely know how to exist together right now.

"I'll have to take your word for it. But if you're willing to deal with my bad days, I'm willing to deal with yours. Alright?" The water is starting to run cold and he wonders if this is always where they're going to exchange their little secrets. Some part of him briefly wonders if he'll end up proposing here. Wouldn't that be a story? It sounds like him though.
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in-between is mine

Messages In This Thread
RE: and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass - by Locke - 05-31-2021, 06:01 PM