and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

The moment is gone as quickly at it came. The fire that had been burning in his gaze as he looked at her peters out as he draws back from the kiss. Maeve is left confused, struggling to keep up with the emotional whiplash that has been this day, but she leans into his touch despite her confusion in an attempt to seek out some comfort. Her hand comes up to cover his for a moment, searching his hazel gaze for any hint as to what's going on here and finding no answers as he pulls away from her to look out at the ocean instead. A sting of rejection blooms in her chest and she wilts, shoulders slumping as she draws into herself, eyes shifting to the waves instead as she tries to sort out the tangle of emotions in her chest. Sure, they had just talked about not wanting to put on fronts for each other, but this wasn't a front. She wants him. Can't he see that?

Dark brows draw together as her eyes flick back to him, a small crease forming between them, "I wasn't doing that because I thought I had to. I wanted to." Wanted to forget about this world and its gods and conflicts and looming war that seemed closer every fucking day. Would there ever be a moment that wasn't plagued by the impending conflict? Would they ever have quiet moments on the beach that weren't ruined because of it? As much as Maeve wishes they could avoid it all, she knows that isn't true. A complicated truth that she would rather not acknowledge, but their days were numbered now. Maeve draws in a breath, wrapping her arms around the tops of her knees as her chin drops to rest against her forearm.

"Things are changing... I don't think we're going to be able to avoid it much longer." She murmurs, lips pressing into a thin line as she recalls Hotaru's words. The conversation that made it clear that Maeve wasn't made for the life that was going to find her. How could she survive if she couldn't fight? She didn't have magic or strength. Pert tits and a disarming smile could only get a girl so far. As far as Maeve knew, neither would do shit to keep her alive during a war.
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
RE: and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass - by Maeve - 06-03-2021, 07:42 PM