and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

If he felt hopeless it was pretty obvious how Maeve was feeling. She draws in a breath that's meant to soothe her, but it does nothing for the nerves swirling in her belly, turning the fruit that's resting there sour. "Me either if I'm being honest. I know Safrin gave me a quest and I'm trying, but maybe I asked for the wrong thing. How is this going to keep me safe?" Sure, Sunjata taught her some things and Locke could teach her more, but she wasn't a fighter. That was never her prerogative. It likely never would be. It was hard to picture herself on a battlefield and it was certainly the last place she ever wanted to be.

She lifts a hand, reaching over to rub his back gently, trying her best to soothe him, "Your hands will heal. You know how to fight some. You were training with weapons. You could keep doing that even though you aren't in the Dragoons. You aren't going to be helpless." Not like she was. Even though she wasn't really sure what they would be fighting. Each other? Ascended? The Voice? Nothing was clear and Maeve truly didn't want to fight anyone. How could they be her enemy? How was she meant to stand up against them? Maeve might have picked Safrin, but she wasn't going to fight if she could help it. She would be an aide, choosing to tend to and help those who needed it instead of causing harm.

"Have.. Have you thought about it? About going to a shrine and asking for something? A weapon or the ability to shift? Just because you seek out the old gods doesn't mean you agree with everything they want, Locke."
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
RE: and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass - by Maeve - 06-03-2021, 08:33 PM