and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Locke Moore
Mercenary

Age: 34 | Height: 6'2 | Race: Attuned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 5 - Strg: 26 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 26 - Luck: 15 - Int:
Played by: Zombeikid Offline
Change author:
MP: 630
LOCKE

She's not a fighter, that much is clear. He reaches over, prying a hand from where it's wrapped around her knee. He spreads her fingers out, splaying his hand against her's. So small and pale, soft and unmarred by the sins of the world. He hums softly. "You're not a fighter Mae.. But there's plenty of people who care about you. Plenty of powerful people. Maybe you did ask for the wrong thing but I think your heart was in the right place. And it might prove useful some day too."

He doesn't know how things will go and he can't begin to predict it either. All he can do is try to prepare. "Fighting in a war isn't the same as a bar brawl, Mae." Or maybe it will be. He wouldn't mind decking a god. Just to say he did. Not that he'd survive of course. It's a fun thought though.

Her suggestion makes him laugh in earnest, "And what do I have to offer a god, Maeve? I don't have anything." He has her but like hell would he offer up another person for his own power. Maybe in another life but not now. "But maybe I will, to see what they say. Maybe I'll end up with a kid like Seren or something." He shakes his head, pulling her hand toward him so he can kiss it.
I know I was born and I know that I'll die
The in-between is mine

Messages In This Thread
RE: and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass - by Locke - 06-03-2021, 09:15 PM