and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

There are still healing cuts on those knuckles, faint bruising marring the otherwise perfect skin, and she's self conscious for a moment as he examines her hand. Easily he covers hers with his own, hiding it away from the world and the fading sun, doing what he can in this moment to shield her with soft touches and sweet words. Maeve looks up at him from beneath her lashes, brows drawn together as a new surge of emotion wells up in her chest, "But how can I keep either of us safe with something like this? It doesn't matter if my heart was in the right place... It won't do shit when the war is banging down our door." She knows in the back of her mind that he's likely right. It will have its uses and it is still a good gift to be given by Safrin. Maeve should know better than to potentially limit herself just because she can't see the full realm of possibilities.

Her eyes drop and a breath pushes past her lips as she laces their fingers together, "I know it's not the same, but you at least have a basis. Somewhere to start." Maeve offers softly, bottom lip finding its way between her teeth in a habit that gives away just how anxious she is about this. His laugh startles her, eyes snapping up to him as a small frown forms on her lips, "Neither do I and yet Safrin wanted me. I'm not a fighter, Locke. You said it yourself. I'm a whore. That's what I do and yet Safrin still wanted me even though I felt like I had nothing to give her." There isn't any heat in her voice. Just a gentle honesty as she speaks her truth.

"It can't hurt to really ask... That's all I'm saying. You want to be able to defend yourself, right? Those you care about? There isn't anything wrong with asking for a bit of help to do so."
I'm undone about to burst at my seams
'Cause I am picturing you beside me
So let me be everything that you need

Messages In This Thread
RE: and now my bitter hands cradle broken glass - by Maeve - 06-03-2021, 09:29 PM