okay i'll admit that i really don't understand
Maeve Ansel
the Nightshade
Madame

Age: 27 | Height: 5'4 | Race: Accepted | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 10 - Strg: 35 - Dext: 37 - Endr: 43 - Luck: 37 - Int: 1
AIDON - Mythical - Dragon (Fire Breath)
Played by: Artio Offline
Change author:
MP: 877
Maeve

There is a moment where Maeve fears she's overstepped. Auerlia's eyes dip down, avoiding her gaze as the entirety of her body tenses, fingers gripping the arms of the chair she's sitting in with a vice grip. She almost draws back, almost apologizes, but Aurelia doesn't pull away from her and Maeve decides in that moment to linger. The arbiter isn't the only one overwhelmed with how things were going. Still, Maeve sticks to it, unable to fight the sudden urge that's taken over her. Maybe it's the loss of Hotaru. Maybe it's the familiarity of Aurelia. Maybe it's something else entirely. Maeve doesn't know, but whatever it is draws her closer to the other woman.

I don't know why you still care for me. Maeve doesn't either, if she's being honest, but whatever this barely budding romance between them was had stuck with her. A part of her didn't really believe that Aurelia had wanted to leave. She knows it in her bones. The thing that drove this woman away wasn't Maeve, but the idea of hurting her. Isn't that a silly thought? To run away from someone so they wouldn't be hurt even though they want you to stay? Before Maeve had been too caught up in the emotion of it all to realize that Aurelia was making a choice for her. A choice that she never agreed to or wanted herself.

A soft breath pushes past her lips as Aurelia reaches up to take her hand, wrapping her fingers around the Madame's and drawing it down into her lap, but she doesn't release her yet. The Madame licks her lips, sea glass gaze searching her face as she listens to her speak, already working on her response. "Don't I get to decide if I don't mind being hurt, Aurelia? We barely had a chance..." Maeve murmurs as she releases her hand, leaving her standing there, exposing herself once more. "I'm not afraid of being hurt. That's the least of my worries."
If you're a lover, you should know
The lonely moments just get lonelier

Messages In This Thread
RE: okay i'll admit that i really don't understand - by Maeve - 06-08-2021, 10:54 PM