the poet, not just the muse
Morgan Aristomache
the Glacier
Warden of Halo

Age: 42 | Height: 5' 9" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 6 - Strg: 23 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 22 - Luck: 14 - Int:
EUNIKE - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: lancydulac Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
And hung from the rafters
The stratagem swings
The other fire...possibly (though it seemed unlikely) a coincidence, but potentially another attack by Deimos, the council man she had respected for his level head...it was another blow to what Morgan had known. "I see. Do you know what building this fire affected? Did it seem targeted?" An ember passing on the wind could alight many things, but she thought it unlikely that two important buildings would burn on the same flames just through nature.

She nodded when it came to Deimos and his feelings towards Sunjata, though she had to qualify her sympathy in that regard. "I do understand, but he no longer acts just as himself. As a member of my council and well respected here, his actions are seen as an extension of Halo, and we are allies of Torchline." Morgan spoke softly, not wanting to seem like she was lecturing Hotaru, who she genuinely did feel sympathy for in this event.

Then before she could delve into more of the consequences and situations surrounding Deimos' position and what he had done, Hotaru had a confession. Once again she was baffled by this account of Deimos as such a determined bull, so angry and acting on only an instinct and feeling, but did not counter it, assuming Hotaru had to know him better. Once Atlas was mentioned, Morgan's eyes scanned the room and she realised that was why it had felt empty, a subtle unease that had been in her since she'd entered. "Oh, Hotaru."

With a companion of her own, she knew how the pain of separation would burn, especially through such sudden and violent ends. Daring to reach forward and place a gentle hand on Hotaru's knee, she offered a sad smile. "Your actions against an individual that wronged you are not my concern. If Sunjata wishes to try you for that crime, I would be more than willing to commit to your defense; it sounds as if you were in great distress and who wouldn't act to defend their companion?" It was a world apart from what Deimos had done and Hotaru had no title, no reputation to throw away with her actions.

"I would not have expected you to do anything. This is a...difficult, complicated situation and if you were not the one to set the flames, you are not culpable." Taking her hand back but keeping her eyes on Hotaru, she sighed. "I wish I did not have to punish Deimos, but...this kind of impulsivity, an act so serious and violent...then that he would lie to me about it. I cannot allow that."
Born from the ashes
Of counterfeit kings
MORGAN
Base Code by Sky!

Messages In This Thread
the poet, not just the muse - by Morgan - 06-02-2021, 07:29 AM
RE: the poet, not just the muse - by Hotaru - 06-02-2021, 07:37 PM
RE: the poet, not just the muse - by Morgan - 06-03-2021, 05:23 PM
RE: the poet, not just the muse - by Hotaru - 06-03-2021, 06:18 PM
RE: the poet, not just the muse - by Morgan - 06-05-2021, 03:45 PM
RE: the poet, not just the muse - by Hotaru - 06-06-2021, 11:32 PM
RE: the poet, not just the muse - by Morgan - 06-12-2021, 04:50 PM