(o) to look beyond the glory
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 1917
Seren

Sky blue eyes blinked at Sah, crinkling at the corners as the young woman laughed lightly. "I like blue too. When I was little, I was completely adamant that my dragon had to be blue. Mother even sent me on a quest to ensure that's what I would find. But, you know... I like most things. I don't know if I have a color I actually dislike." Everything had its own beauty, every color their place, and if she had a penchant for one thing over something else it was difficult to see what it might be. But... perhaps it was blue. Sky blue, midnight blue, the blue when dusk settled in and a child could snuggle up in her bed, to read bedtime stories with a father and gaze at the stars when they slowly kindled in the sky.

He went on to tell her about his magic and how it was discovered. Seren listened with rapt attention, laughing at the mental image of Sah being chased over a field by a flag, while a bewildered faceless crowd looked on in astonishment. "That's not so bad," she decided. "I nearly scared my father until his hair fell out when I first came to stay with him. He didn't know about any of my gifts, and I climbed up onto a really high fence and jumped straight out. You should have seen the look on his face when I didn't actually fall, but floated." Impish mischief glittered in her gaze at the memory; at the time Seren had no understanding of the panic she must have caused in Ronin, but in hindsight... It still made her chuckle.

"I still like high places," she added, gazing up at the surrounding trees. Chewing lightly on the bark, she tried to see if there was an easy path to scale any of them - not that she actually needed branches.

Without even realizing it, Seren fell right back into the sharing, and forgot to ask questions of her own. It was much more interesting to hear what Sah chose to share - her topics weren't all that interesting.
It's written in the stars above
Exactly who we are is just enough
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 48 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 2895
Trigger Warning 
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah's eyes widened at Seren's story. "I'm guessing floating, flying, or even gravity manipulation is another blessing." He stated with a small smirk. "You did it again." He reminded her, not patronizing or admonishing. Just simply stating a fact. But his voice did carry a bit of amusement. Sah chuckled and shook his head. "Well, in return I'll tell you something that I haven't told anyone in Caido." He hummed. "Two things."

Sah sat down with his back to one of the trees. The smell of mint was still strong but not overwhelming. "My kind never used last names. I never had one. And yet when I came thought the portal, when I thought of my name, I suddenly had one. Out of nowhere and with no warning I had a last name. It's so bizarre. And while in Caido I've never actually used it, only introducing myself as Sah. But I guess my full name is Sah Lovi."  He gave a small chuckle

Sah's eyes grew a little distant as he looked at the sky. "The other secret. It's a lot more personal, so please don't tell anyone. You see.. even though I'm the same age that I was in my original body, I'm also also still in the same developmental stage. Still a young adult. But.." He paused, this part was a little hard to explain. And very painful to remember. "When two close friends of mine approached me with a serious request, I said yes. They were a pair who couldn't have pups of their own and they asked me to sire a litter for them, to be a surrogate. And I agreed to it. They had a litter of two adorable pups and I adored them more than I can put into words. And when my world ended and I lost my pack, I lost them too." Sah's voice cracked  at the end and he kept his eyes on the sky. He wasn't sure why he was sharing this, it being so deeply personal. But Sah felt like it was a worthy enough secret to share in return for Seren sharing hers.
do the stars
shine bright
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Change author:
Seren

She flinched slightly, grimacing under the reminder; it hadn't been intentional, but Sah was right.
"Yeah, it is," she admitted, not sure now if she should be telling him about the other gifts her mother had granted her. The star-critters, the gravity pulse; intrinsically tied to her being. Enough to be called secrets? They didn't feel like something she should have to hide, though.

As Sah went to sit down, Seren followed and seated herself by his legs, facing him rather than leaning against trunks. Cross-legged with elbows resting on her knees, she raised her eyebrows and was about to protest when he wanted to trade in his own secrets. There was no need, he didn't have to tell her anything at all. Especially not -

But he was already talking, and the starchild was too polite to interrupt. "That is rather strange," she mused. "Last names usually indicate older bloodlines; my father was apparently a noble of some sort in his old homeland, and I inherited his name. Do you like it? Suddenly having more names?"

Then her new friend pressed on, and the conversation suddenly did not feel at all lighthearted or casual. Was this what Sah meant by secrets? Children offered and lost - it was overwhelming and Seren felt her chest ache from the mere thought of it. Hotaru's face swam into focus in her thoughts, her pain and pride and protectiveness; instinctively she reached out to take Sah's hand in both of hers, unable to speak. The lump in her throat was too big, impossible to swallow down.
It's written in the stars above
Exactly who we are is just enough
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 26 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah was a little surprised when Seren sat down right in front of him, but he didn't mind. He listened along as she explained the concept of last names. He was familiar with it, but it was nice to have it laid out. "I'm not sure how I feel about it just yet. I still need to get used to  it." He gave a half-hearted shrug. Worrying about his new last name had been on the bottom of his list so far.

Sah swallowed the lump in his throat, gripping Seren's hands with his tightly. Not enough to hurt but enough to ground himself. His eyes, slightly watering,  locked on hers as he let out a deep breath. "Do you get where I'm going with this? Favorite colors, jobs...just because someone doesn't know them doesn't make them a secret. Secrets are things that if in the wrong hands could harm you or your loved ones." Sah had to stead his breathing before he continued. Grief still clouding his mind. "If an enemy knew what I just told you, they would use it against me. Taunt me, goad me. Make me lose my cool and get sloppy in a fight. That could cost me my life. And it could cost the lives of whoever was trusting me to watch their back." Sah's voice, although still shaky, was deadly serious. His hand in Seren's trembled slightly .

Sah brought the impromptu lesson full circle, trying to get Seren to understand. "It's the same for abilities and tactics. And that includes your blessings. If your enemy knows them, they can plan ahead on how to counter them. It gives you a disadvantage before you ever step onto the battlefield. A disadvantage that could cost you your life or the lives of the people you love." Still not sure if he'd said enough, Sah's other hand came up to gently hold Seren's chin. Tilting her head so that her eyes met his, so that she could see how serious he was. So that she could learn from his experience without having to make the same mistakes herself.

"You can be friendly with strangers, make friends, tell them about your likes and dislikes and all that. But secrets? True secrets, must be kept until you can trust that person with your life and the lives of your loved ones. Seren, do you understand? Please. Please, be more careful." The last bit was said quieter, almost desperately. Sah needed her to get this. As Safrin's daughter she would have to fight in the war. And Sah didn't want to watch her die.
do the stars
shine bright
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Love, let's talk about love
No, she had not understood. Not seen beyond this deeply emotional confession, beyond empathising with his grief. Honored and confused that he would share something so tragic with her, Seren had thought nothing more of it. But she was quickly and firmly shaken out of that delusion, by his words and the warm hand under her chin, and a pair of serious golden eyes that only barely kept from overflowing.

Shaken to her core, Seren swallowed. Shocked by how close she was to tears herself, she kept worrying at a trembling bottom lip with her teeth, as if the emotions welling up were something that could be bitten back.
"Sah, I - " Her voice broke. "I promise. I won't tell people anymore, I swear." It was barely a whisper.

Had anyone ever said this much to her? Not even her father had been this blunt about the dangers she was putting herself in. Or - gods - everyone around her. To be lectured by a boy she just met should have been annoying, but something in his tone staved off all such inclinations. He was not being patronizing. How could he care so much so soon?

It was almost like she was staring at another version of herself.

"You didn't have to do this," she told him, almost pleading. "Don't hurt yourself for someone you only just met."
Is it anything and everything you hoped for?
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah searched Seren's eyes to be sure. When it became clear that she truly understood, Sah's expression softened. His eyes going warm as a single tear broke free. But he hardly paid it any mind as a sad but proud smile came to his face. "I know." He whispered back. "I know you won't." He seemed to have finally gotten through to her, but he hated that it had taken this much. Seren was clearly shaken and upset, and Sah? Sah's grief was like a physical thing, a burning in his throat and behind his eyes.

At Seren's plea, Sah felt a rush of affection for her. For how kind she was. And it was for that very reason that he had done this. "Seren, I did. I really did have to. You wouldn't have understood if I had put it any other way. And yes I just met you, and I'm contradicting what I just told you." A small chuckle escaped him. "But you are easily the most compassionate person I've met in Caido. I already know that you have a heart of gold." He paused, his brows furrowing. "And because of your position you are going to be at the heart of this war. And.. and I don't want to watch someone that kind.... that good... die." He gave her hand in his a squeeze. "And I didn't know how else to prevent that from happening." He really wanted to lean closer, to hug her. Or to maybe just press his forehead to hers. Just some kind of comfort since they both seemed to desperately need it.
do the stars
shine bright
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
He had no right to smile at her like that. Not when her whole being was already in an uproar, and the warmth could go straight to her heart. Who was this person? Was he real? Some trick of the Greatwood? A Fae playing games, casting illusions and -

No. The fingers cupping her chin were too real. And why would Fae conjure illusions of a boy who would drive himself to tears to help a stranger. Was this what Seren did to others around her? Somehow she didn't think so, but it was so difficult to judge from her own perspective.

As Sah kept saying nice things about her, the girl squirmed a bit where she sat. Turning her head slightly until she could press her cheek into his palm, she fumbled furiously for something to say. "I'm not going to die, silly," was the most brilliant response she could muster. She wished she could sink into the ground and disappear.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
When Seren turned her face into his palm, Sah melted, the shy gesture unexpected as it was, tugged at his heart. And her adorable denial tore a small laugh from him. "Good to know." He said, indulging her as a teasing grin somehow made its way onto his face. The hand cupping Seren's face stroked over her cheekbone gently as Sah considered something.

Making up his mind, he tilted his head. "Hey Seren? I really want to hug you right now. Can I? You may absolutely say no." Sah asked, his smile turning warm again though it still retained a teasing hint. This conversation had been a whirlwind, and with Seren being so cute, Sah really wanted to hug her. She had somehow already helped in making the grief return to the corners of his mind. Instead warmth had taken hold, tinged with gratitude and a bit of wonder.
do the stars
shine bright
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
This was not going at all how she had expected. On such a normal day, without brilliant blue skies or stormclouds brewing, where thunder would not rumble and winds would never howl - why was she sitting in the grass with a boy, having her cheek touched? Her hands held? Seren still felt like she might cry, but her fingers were unsteady for a different reason.

His request brought color creeping up her face. Mouth twitching, torn between a foolish smile and surprise and intense awkwardness, she tried to answer but immediately thought better of speaking. Did not want to squawk like a duck - and the risk was high at this point.

So she nodded instead, a quick dip of the chin - ah, she couldn't meet his eyes anymore. Where was that hole in the ground? Never before had she felt so strong an urge to vanish into her starry realm, to hide away and breathe and think.

It was just a hug. What on earth was she getting so worked up about?
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah noticed the color creeping over Seren's face. It made the tips of his hears burn as well. The nerves were contagious it seemed. Sah didn't  understand why the thought of Seren had him feeling so warm, or why his stomach doing that fluttering thing again. But he didn't question it.

When Seren's eyes left his, Sah gently let go of her face, so as give her the room to look away. Still keeping one hand holding hers, Sah slowly reached an arm around Seren's shoulders. He wanted to give her every opportunity to push him away if she wanted to. If allowed, he would gently pull her close into a one armed hug so that he was resting his cheek on her head, and her head rested in the crook of his neck.
do the stars
shine bright
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
It was possibly the most awkward hug she had ever experienced in her life. But how it could be made less so was beyond Seren. Stiff and tense and barely breathing, she let herself be pulled in against Sah, yielding to his gentle prompting like a doll cut loose from its strings.

He smelled nice. Maybe it was the peppermint bark or some lingering trace of Halo frost about him, but she found herself breathing a little easier. Curious, how easy it was to settle her head against his shoulder; her thoughts flitted hectically to other men she had hugged - her father, Remi, her uncles - but the similarities did not make this feel any more familiar.

Seren slowly began to relax. Her heart kept pounding like a sledgehammer in her chest, face burning like she had been asleep in the sun for hours - but despite that she managed to settle in against Sah. Secure, with his arm about her; had they really only known each other for mere hours?

"Thank you," she found herself murmuring, soft and definitely shy.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah felt a full-body shiver go through him when Seren settled against him. His brow furrowed, throat suddenly tight again when she thanked him. "No. Thank you." He managed, his voice cracking again. His hold became a fraction firmer, the hug warmer.  "You're the first person to give me a hug since I've come to Caido." He admitted softly, his voice barely above a whisper. "Thank you."

Sah truly didn't understand how he got here. How he went from walking home to being curled up with Safrin's daughter against a peppermint bark tree. He could feel Lilly's amusement and happiness through the bond still. But all of his attention was on the young woman he had an arm around. He wondered how he felt so comfortable with someone who should still technically be a stranger. But even so, Sah didn't question it.  Instead he just hugged Seren, feeling more at ease then he had in weeks.
do the stars
shine bright
Seren Taliesin

Change author:
Not sure that she had been thanking for the hug specifically, Seren hummed something unintelligible. While she couldn't see his face from here, the quiver in Sah's voice was enough to make her accept his gratitude without protest. She even went so far as to slip a hand out of his grasp and sneak it around his shoulder, as much as she could before the tree trunk behind his back got in the way. Bold, bold - was it alright? Did he mind? She didn't know the rules of this game. Impulse and instinct were her only guides.

Did it count, when he had been the one to ask for this? Seren felt something very smug and self-satisfied unfurl within at the thought that he hadn't asked anyone else for hugs. Completely irrational of course, but it was nice. She could at least pretend that there was something special about it. While he had not hauled her from a river or carried her out of a cave with rocks raining down upon him, the passionate scolding Sah had given her might be dramatic enough to fit her rosy expectations on what an encounter should be like.

"It's been half a year?" She glanced up quickly, incredulous as the full realization sunk in. "Are people in Halo that stiff?" The fact that he showed no signs of letting go of her - quite understandable, if what he said was true - only added fuel to Seren's spiring imaginations, and she shifted slightly where she sat, making herself more comfortable. This was... unexpectedly pleasant. She was in no hurry to go anywhere.
SEREN
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah smiled into Seren's hair when he felt her arm wrap around him. Fuck he needed this. His other hand interlaced his fingers with her remaining one. He let out a small, slightly sad chuckle at her incredulity. "Yes. It's been that long." Sah gave a small hum. "They're not stiff, just more prone to pats on the back and smaller signs of affection. Many of them find helping each other out to be their preferred way of showing it as well. So not stiff, just different." Not enough was left unsaid.

Sah was ecstatic that Seren wasn't pushing him away just yet. It felt so good to be close to someone again. For a creature used to casual signs of affection, the human tendency for distance had been nearly torturous. And as such, Sah was fully content to remain as he was for now.

But of course things don't go as planned. It seemed like the companions had gotten antsy. Lilly  had at least. And out of jealously of being left out, the little pup jumped right onto Seren and Sah. Burrowing under both of their arms until she sat comfortably between them, wrapped in their warmth. "Lilly?! What...?" The wolf gave an annoyed whine and Sah dissolved into laughter. "Sorry pup. Was I ignoring you for too long?" Lilly gave an indignant yip, making Sah chuckle. He removed his hand from Seren's, though still keeping an arm loosely around her, and ran a hand though Lilly's ears. "Better?" The pup wagged happily at the attention.
do the stars
shine bright