you bleed just to know you're alive
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
my darling can you hear it? something's lurking in the leaves
I can feel its preying eyes on us from somewhere in the trees
It is a gentle chastisement, but one all the same. Difficult to believe even so, though her head bows slightly in consideration of it. Even in those last moments, and the ones before when he’d been so very hurt, there had been no regret. No blame. He had loved her utterly, just as she had in return. It doesn’t make the loss easier, but it does bring some level of closure. “I will still try to bring him back. However I can. I owe him at least that.” Perhaps a difficult concept for the demigod of Safrin, whose domain is life. But Hotaru would try, until all options ran dry, if only to prove she had done all she could.

Nosy it may be yes. Hotaru doesn’t have the strength to care. Seren has proven herself a good listener, a young but worldly soul, and Ru is at her weakest and most pitiful. Company and open ears are all she can cling to right now. And the shoulder of course, which she leans into, petite form scarcely a weight at all against the young girl.

“He is a friend, though a tentative one. And married with his own children at that. Frey’s influence is...overwhelming, and though we both consented protection was far from our minds.” It’s hard to be delicate about the topic, but she tries her best. The idea of asking Frey for help  hadn’t come to her admittedly. “Perhaps I could ask Frey. The dangers I must face won’t wait until I have given birth...” In fact she feels each hour like sand slipping through her fingers. There is only so much longer she can wait and stall. But perhaps something could be done while she’s still pregnant to protect the baby?

“I love your mother Seren. I worshipped her equivalent in ways I’ve never done before or ever shall again back in my home land. But with how Sunjata hurt me, and what I feel for him...I doubt she’d ever desire to see me, even if my grudge is not with her.” It still hurts, to have burned a bridge she’d never had a chance to try and cross. “I know how she sees me. I can’t risk my child by trying now of all times to enter her graces.” They are too much alike after all. Vindictive, mercurial, narcissistic - all the worst qualities pitted head to head. Though Hotaru did not blame her, the same could not be said in reverse.
my dear don't let it catch you - all that's left to do is run
Hotaru
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
you bleed just to know you're alive - by Seren - 06-07-2021, 12:01 AM
RE: you bleed just to know you're alive - by Hotaru - 06-09-2021, 11:15 PM