you bleed just to know you're alive
Seren Taliesin

Age: 25 | Height: 5'7 in (170cm) | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Torchline
Level: 3 - Strg: 16 - Dext: 20 - Endr: 30 - Luck: 16 - Int:
UMBRA - Mythical - Dragon (fire breath)
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 2197
Love, let's talk about love
It was difficult, indeed. Perhaps because it was not her own pain or her own companion, there was an inclination in Seren to simply let it lie. It was a life ended; it had played its role and now the candle was burned out. Would lighting it again be the same? Would it truly bring joy? Was the thread severed better off cut, or could retying it be done in a way that did not ruin the overall design? She did not know. That was Mort's realm, Ludo's domain, and not her decisions to make. "I hope that you will find peace, no matter the outcome," was all she could say, as she cradled Hotaru and rocked her slowly.

Tangled threads they were, too. The topic of Sunjata and her mother's anger was not one Seren was overly familiar with, and she sat quiet for a moment. Contemplating whether to admit her lack of insight or not. But she did not want to lie. "I... have to admit I don't really know your history with Sunjata," she murmured and leaned a cheek against golden hair. "He never talked about himself much... perhaps because I was so little when we were neighbors... I had no idea you were even married."  

Bare toes found something hard within the sand. Digging it out, it turned out to be a seashell. Not blue, but a perfect spiral of softest pink. Pretty and with insides gleaming like polished glass, it must have been a mermaid treasure discovered on some distant seashore. Absently, Seren offered it to Hotaru. "I can't really speak for Mother. But I don't think she would hurt your child, no matter what she feels about you. I think... you should ask yourself if you want to see her enough to face her - even if she is furious." Would she be willing to brave the storm, for a chance to see the stars through its eye? Perhaps now was not the time. But then again, perhaps now was the only time.

"It is your decision to make. If you prefer to ask Frey, you should do so. Or I can come with you, if you want to try speaking to Safrin. I don't know anything about babies, so even if I would offer to help you myself, I'm not sure it would actually get easier." A quick, rueful smile; accidents were prone to happening around her, and Hotaru probably did not need two menaces to look after.
Is it anything and everything you hoped for?
SEREN
Starlight (Passive) | Starfilled night billow around her like a veil as she moves. It is more noticeable in daytime and when she make sudden movements.

Messages In This Thread
you bleed just to know you're alive - by Seren - 06-07-2021, 12:01 AM
RE: you bleed just to know you're alive - by Seren - 06-09-2021, 11:45 PM