you bleed just to know you're alive
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
my darling can you hear it? something's lurking in the leaves
I can feel its preying eyes on us from somewhere in the trees
The gentle rocking should not soothe her so effectively with the differences in age between them. It does, she can’t deny it. Accepting the girl’s insight with a small jerk of her head against Seren’s shoulder where she remains curled.

“It’s not a story meant for ears so young,” she murmurs, needing to assert this protective boundary for Seren’s sake. “He had your half-sister after promising me he’d have children of our own, and that he wouldn’t go to your mother because of Nate’s involvement as a father. It was a horrible betrayal - that’s all I can tell you in good conscience.” Unwilling to mar the girl’s image of the man, but just as unwilling to lie as the star-girl. “I hold no grudge against the babe, or your mother. But she was angry when I stabbed him, to be certain.” A dry, mirthless chuckle escapes her as she admits to that particular reaction. Angrier still to have roped Deimos into burning the Advocates, though she won’t admit to that part.

Idly she receives the rose shell, twisting it in her fingers and watching the starlight pour over its smooth inner curves. “I have always longed to meet her. But I cannot risk my child either, even if you believe in her capability for forgiveness.” A daughter would always trust in her mother’s kindness. Hotaru cannot fault Seren for that. But she cannot rely on it either.

“I will ask Frey first. They were there when it happened, and reproduction is their territory. But if they cannot help...I would prefer not to go alone to see your mother.” Cowardly perhaps to hide behind the shield of Seren’s regard for the goddess, but if it ensured her child’s safety she would disregard any pride she had. Turning to look at Seren is hard, hating to withdraw from the cradle of arms that help melt away the touch-starved sensations that have returned after leaving Remi, she gives a weak smile. “I’m sorry to have put all this on you. You are far too young for it, sweet girl.” Merely another regret to add to the pile.
my dear don't let it catch you - all that's left to do is run
Hotaru
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
you bleed just to know you're alive - by Seren - 06-07-2021, 12:01 AM
RE: you bleed just to know you're alive - by Hotaru - 06-09-2021, 11:58 PM