you bleed just to know you're alive
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Offline
Change author:
MP: 9347
my darling can you hear it? something's lurking in the leaves
I can feel its preying eyes on us from somewhere in the trees
"Yes I'm sure she would be, and yet my anger and hurt is always the one found unjustifiable. Childish." There is a hurt and distance to her tone in equal measures that indicate that for all Seren's levity, her words have found a bruise and pressed down. She must bite the inside of her cheek to keep from saying more. From explaining. Her past is a storm too dark for Seren to weather, and her present too corrupting of the girl's outlook on her uncle-figure. For all her understanding this is not a story Hotaru feels she can reveal any further.

It is difficult to move past, this bitterness of hers, but it is so far away now on this island and with Seren's warmth at her side that it's easier to let it go. "Thank you," she murmurs, and places the shell on her thigh in order to squeeze Seren's knee, maternal and sisterly at once.

Frey is an easy topic. Safe, pleasant, positive. Hotaru has never been faithful by halves, always giving her entirety to whichever deity she swears herself to. There is a peace that falls over her features as she considers the question. "I only met the side of them that is ruled by sex and reproduction. They are...intense, for some. But to me they are so much more. They accept me - and everyone - as we are, regardless of what form we take or what desires we have. And I mean that in a broad sense of course, not merely sexually." They'd never cared that Hotaru had taken Ascended lovers, and they'd been the only deity she'd considered when it came to potentially bearing Nate's child. "They encourage satisfaction, self-indulgence. It is a form of self-care that so many view as selfish, but they're wrong. We deserve to feel good things, to share that feeling with others. They take away those worries, until there is nothing but pleasure, regardless of what kind." Her gaze strays out across the white sands to the dark ocean beyond, considering. "I've yet to meet the nature side, but I have considered myself more element than woman for many years of my life. Rae's realm means so much to me; animals, nature. It can be harsh and seemingly lawless, but power and compassion are equally meaningful in this world. To kill or to spare, to create communities or raze them down. We are all a little animal inside."
my dear don't let it catch you - all that's left to do is run
Hotaru
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
you bleed just to know you're alive - by Seren - 06-07-2021, 12:01 AM
RE: you bleed just to know you're alive - by Hotaru - 06-10-2021, 01:25 AM