you bleed just to know you're alive
Hotaru Kaito
the Valkyrie
Masseuse / Headmistress

Age: 33 | Height: 5'2 | Race: Demi-god | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: King's End
Level: 4 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 57 - Luck: 40 - Int:
Played by: Brit Online
Change author:
MP: 9347
my darling can you hear it? something's lurking in the leaves
I can feel its preying eyes on us from somewhere in the trees
"I hardly know your father," she points out gently. "And he has all the reason in the world to despise me or the child. It's an entirely different level than sex in an open relationship." Her hand flexes uneasily around the horn in her grasp. These are burdens she doesn't want to share with Seren, but she won't lie to the girl either, not when she's asking in such a forthright and unavoidable manner. "Remi may want to be involved, and I won't stop him. But I -" her voice goes a little strangled, and Ru looks away from the girl to find her resolve, banishing terrible memories of other tiny lives lost far too soon, "- I can't risk anything. I can't gamble on what-ifs, or promises of their kindness. I can't." It's far from eloquent and she knows it but her emotions are far too out of control to explain the trauma behind her terror.

But then Seren is saying she loves Hotaru, and all at once she feels like a cup brimming over, spilling where containment is no longer an option. Were it anyone else, Hotaru would scoff at the idea of loving someone so soon. Wouldn't be capable of returning the sentiment either. Seren, however, is a different story. Young and kind, slipping easily into the maternal channels of her own heart. The notion of anger issues is enough to prompt laughter back into her breast at the very least, though it doesn't hide the glimmer of tears along her lashes. Happy ones for once, even if this new connection between them certainly won't make things any easier with Seren's fathers.

Hotaru pulls Seren closer, pressing a lingering kiss to her temple, dark hair tickling her cheek. "I love you too, Seren." There is clearly no point in warning the girl away from herself, so acceptance is all that's left. "You're old enough to make your own choices; if you want to be part of your sibling's life, you absolutely can."
my dear don't let it catch you - all that's left to do is run
Hotaru
Hotaru has a passive magic that makes her glow with an internal golden light; it makes her appear youthful and her hair seems to look like moving sunlight. Can only subtly illuminate dark spaces.

Messages In This Thread
you bleed just to know you're alive - by Seren - 06-07-2021, 12:01 AM
RE: you bleed just to know you're alive - by Hotaru - 06-13-2021, 03:41 AM