Personal Quest Open: Do hunters have offices?
Open PQ for Sah's hunter profession
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 11 - Strg: 40 - Dext: 40 - Endr: 51 - Luck: 40 - Int: 1
LILLY - Regular - Grey Wolf PAD - Regular - Grey Wolf
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 3110
Sah

The wind howls
I answer
Sah stood somewhat nervously at the front of his house. Earlier in the week he'd put a notice up for help. The former canine had decided to expand his home to better suit his hunter profession. There was much work to be done and given his lack of knowledge on architecture or anything related to setting up a building, he'd asked for help. Lilly sat beside him, wagging away. She could feel his nerves and kept trying to distract him by playfully nipping at his shoes.

It was going to be weird to let people, strangers even, into his territory. Into his home. But it'd be worth it. And so Sah waited as the sun rose, Lilly beside him, to see who would arrive. There were various supplies spread around them. As the people came Sah greeted them with a nod. "Thank you for coming. I think we need to start out by just building the expansion. Walls, windows plus doors, and a roof. Let's get to work."

1. Sah
2. Deimos
3. Aino

This is a PQ to establish Sah's profession as a hunter. We're expanding his house to include a fully decked out hunting headquarters. 2-3 slots, FCFS. In your initial post of your character arriving please say if they are building the walls, or doors + windows, or the roof. Sah will take the 3rd task.
The storm rages
I conquer
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword
Warden of Halo / Guildmaster

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 14 - Strg: 74 - Dext: 73 - Endr: 74 - Luck: 80 - Int: 3
BELIAL - Mythical - Peryton (Blend) ZURIEL - Mythical - Unicorn (Healing)
Played by: Heather Offline
Change author:
MP: 6754
DEIMOS
The sound of iron shots is stuck in my head
The thunder of the drums dictates
With his responsibilities cut, slashed, and torn apart, and still with the overwhelming need to help others, Deimos hadn’t resisted the notice board post. Sah had required a lot of assistance in several forms: training, advice, creation, but the Sword wouldn’t begrudge or judge the situation. All of them, at some point, had needed some semblance of help – and it made Halo stronger, to band the community together, and uplift one another’s efforts.

Which was why he made his way over to the Abandoned’s home, curious about the expansion for his work in hunting and tracking. Would it be much like Noah’s, an extension of storage adornments, or something else altogether? Mulling over the possibilities shortened the walk over; and he nodded as Sah began listing out the requirements.

The options were considered and weighed; important, encompassing aspects of a building. His eyes went to the supplies, and then to any others circulating. “I can take the roof.” Especially with the amount of times he’d shingled, repaired, or improved those figments. Then he set to work.

--

Deimos goes to work on the roof!
The rhythm of the falls, the number of dead
The rising of the horns, ahead
Aino Jandar
Soldier

Age: 37 | Height: 5'8 in (175cm) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Level: 1 - Strg: 13 - Dext: 13 - Endr: 19 - Luck: 2 - Int:
Played by: Chan Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Who am I without my armor?
She showed up a little late, tousle-haired and out of breath. "So sorry, I meant to come earlier. Mum is being a pain in the arse again." Rolling her eyes, she flashed a grin at Sah, then added one for Deimos' benefit as well, upon recognizing the former general. "I'll do the walls, then. Just don't expect miracles, yes?" Her favored too was the sword, not hammers.

Still, you did not grow up in Halo without learning a little about every trade, and as she went for tools and material, Aino still managed to at least look competent as she set to hammering up boards. With the framework already in place, it was not too difficult a task, and should go fairly smoothly.
AinO
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Age: 27 | Height: 6'0" | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Sah gave a nod as the work was divided. I'll get started on the windows and put in the necessary doors."

Sah set a good pace and got his work done efficiently. He was thinking that there should be a door  connecting the main house to the 'office' and a door connecting the 'office' to the outside. That way he could easily access his workspace and visitors wouldn't have to go through his house to get to it. Sah also had to be strategic about window placement so that there would be enough light but also so that the tanning process went correctly. Thankfully his time helping out his neighbor and working with Deimos to make his oven paid off. Sah was able to get both tasks done correctly.

Deimos had little trouble with the roof. None whatsoever really. It was true that with the numerous occasions that he'd repaired and shingled roofs had made the work automatic. The Sword was practically working on muscle memory and it still came out great. The roof was probably even sturdier then it needed to be, but at least there was now a decent emergency shelter in the neighborhood. At least, if the threat came from above that is.

Despite any reservations, Aino did an excellent job. True the walls weren't 'miraculous' but they were walls. Sturdy and somehow vertical. They would hold and they would most certainly do.

The tasks done, Sah called the others over. "That went far better than I expected, thank you both. We've got the basic structure, so it's time build the rest. We need to build and equip a butchery, a tannery, and a workspace. The equipment is already just the house, so you can just put it where it goes. As for the workspace? Maybe a desk or something? Basically just a place where I can carve or build as needed." Sah gave a small shrug, not completely sure about else the workspace would need.

"Alright, pick a task and let's go."

New tasks! No post order.  You have 48 Hours to respond with which task your character is taking. Sah will take whatever is left.

1. Build and equip the butchery.
2. Build and equip the tannery
3. Build and equip the workspace.
do the stars
shine bright
Aino Jandar
Soldier

Age: 37 | Height: 5'8 in (175cm) | Race: Abandoned | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
It was a lot of work between just the three of them, but at least things were going fairly smoothly. Without mishaps or accidents, the walls came up and though Aino was critical about it, Sah was pleased. Since that was all that mattered, she looked over the tools for the next task.

"Leave the butchery to me," she said, once she'd made up her mind. It was simple enough, all that really needed doing was the construction of inner walls and some sturdy benches to serve as work surfaces. If the end result turned out a little rickety, she was sure the young hunter would be able to make some adjustments in time.

At least it was nice, it do something outside her normal routines. Not one for small talk, there was the occasional broken tune whistled as she worked, but otherwise stillness reigned between steady hammerblows and the whine of grinding saws.
AinO
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Age: 34 | Height: 6'4" | Race: Hybrid | Nationality: Outlander | Citizenship: Halo
Change author:
DEIMOS
Apparently roof installation had become quite a renowned skill of his; smooth and efficient, the labor a habitual, inherent thing by now. Once he stepped down from his ladder, surveyed and inspected his work, he carried on back into Sah’s quarters, to listen to the next set of direction.

Butchery, tannery, workspace. Aino had taken up the former, and so Deimos opted for the latter. “Workspace.” With a diligent nod, he walked over to the designated confines. Sah didn’t strike him as an individual who required anything elaborate, but the Sword could certainly construct and create a decent desk.

Magic conformed from the depths of his palms, golden and gilded, manifesting from the whims within his mind. Moment by moment and stretch by stretch, the incantations came together in a sturdy assemblage of rich wood, perhaps a darker hue than most, with little wolves carved on the bottom, and along the sides – some with wings, some normal. Some were hunting, racing after their pretty, and some were howling, hollering to their moon.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Aino had decent luck with her work in the future butchery. Her dividing walls would hold, the benches stable. With the equipment brought in and placed, the butchery was certainly ready to go. Sah might make a few adjustments later on placement, but for now the job was certainly complete.

Deimos faired nearly as well this time around. The desk came out great. The wood sturdy and sound, and the carvings beautiful. It took him a large chunk of time and effort however, but the results were stunning.  Sah was absolutely going to love this desk, as would Lilly. The pup might just stare at the carvings for a bit.

And that left Sah with the tannery. He had a clear idea of what he wanted. So even though it took him a few attempts to get everything right, and a lot of time, the results were worth it.  The abandoned got to work, building dividing walls along where he'd carefully placed his windows. Then he set to work creating tables and racks for the hides. Next he brought in the equipment, placing it around the area to maximize efficiency. Finally he brought tin the vials of dye and placed them on new shelves he secured to the walls. It came out pretty decent if he did say so himself.

The tasks done, Sah called the two over. "Fantastic. Let's take a break and then tackle the next part." He gestured to a collection of muffins in a basket that if Aino looked, were clearly made by Ilma next door. After the break, Sah laid out the next tasks. "Next we have to add some storage space somewhere. As well as a cabinet for weapons." Sah glanced around, before rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "Maybe a couch or something too? A place to take breaks basically."

Next tasks! No post order, you have 48 hours.
1. Adding storage space
2. Creating a weapons cabinet
3. Bringing in and/or making a couch/break area.

Sah will take whatever is left.
do the stars
shine bright
Aino Jandar
Soldier

Change author:
Rolling the stiffness out of her shoulders, Aino came over to nab a muffin. She gave them a hard look, and shook her head.
"My mum apparently finds you real skinny, Sah," she commented, and took a big bite. "I never get muffins. This is so unfair."

Shaking her head and still muttering about the unfairness of it all, she made her break short and soon busied herself with building a nook of wardrobes, for more storage. Practiced with the hammer now and growing in confidence, the woman was well aware that her work was practical only, and not much to look at.

"Where did ya get so good at crafting?" she called to Deimos at some point, when she ran out of complaints over her mother. "Not what I'd have expected from a general, honestly."
AinO
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
The time and effort had been worth it, after considering the finality of his work. His head tilted once or twice, studying the formation, before leaving it to Sah’s inspection and perusal for later. The muffins were tempting, and he snagged one without much of a thought, arching a brow at Aino, then the other Abandoned, missing the notions and connections between mothers and neighbors. Otherwise, a juvenile grin flickered over his features at the other warrior’s inquiry. “Practice.” Brushing his hands off upon finishing the food, he only offered a shrug at her second statement. “I would hate to be predictable.”

When other tasks and orders were given, the Sword offered no hesitation in his decision. “I will take the weapons cabinet.” Due to armaments being a personal favorite; and he could carve, nuance, something else to Sah’s taste.

So with no further discourse, he advanced to the area, and began to assemble the same ruminations of wood and paneling to accompany the desk – more wolves roaming down the side, with portions hollowed out to hold the necessary weapons. Some had hooks, some had racks, some had proportions down below for ammunition, presuming they’d all be useful.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Perhaps the muffin had made her sleepy, but Aino works sluggishly. Setting about to add wardrobes and storage, it takes her more focus and concentration then necessary. But the storage vessels do get completed, and they are functional. A bit creaky, but nothing a little oil won't fix later.

Deimos is having a great day for creativity. It's a little absurd. But as the Sword sets about creating the he weapons cabinet, he does so with ease. The structure comes together rapidly, with plenty of hidden sections to maximize space and efficiency. To be honest, he might want to write down this blueprint.  Small and compact, but capable of holding an entire armory. It'd be worth a lot on the market.

Sah is also feeling the post-snack slump as he tries to set up a break area for himself. Moving the new couch into the room is the easy part. Placing it properly? It takes a few tries. But he eventually gets it snuggly against a wall. From there he throws on some furs and pillows. Sah also builds a little side-table with a candle holder. It comes out a bit wonky, but it's vertical. It'll do for now, but he might need to replace it eventually.

But the brunt of the labor is done and the trip regroups. "Alright. Now onto the last and hopefully easiest part.  Decorating. We should paint the walls and add some décor to them and the front door. Also, we need to bring in a bed for Lilly." Sah explains, wiping some sweat from his brow. Hopefully this last bit would go smoothly.

Last bit! No post order and you have 48 hours.
1. Paint the walls a nice color.
2. Decorate the walls and the front door.
3. Add/make a bed for Lilly. Because she's spoiled and refuses to not have her own designated spot.

Sah will take whatever is left.
do the stars
shine bright
Aino Jandar
Soldier

Change author:
One could not always be at the top of their game. Aino would have called it conservation of energy, but refrained from excusing her slow progress. Better not to open up for ribbing. Deimos' reply had her chuckling to herself, a smile lingering as she finished up her task.

When it came to the final touches, the woman immediately went for the paint.
"I'll leave the finicky stuff to you, master Unpredictable," she said with a smirk aimed at Deimos. "Exactly how nice can a workshop look?" If there was a challenge in those raised eybrows, it went unspoken.

Hefting the bucket of paint, Aino set to work. "By the way, mum says we are to come over for dinner, when this is done," she said, trying and failing not to spill paint all over the floor. "All of us... she wants to hear more about that wheeled chair you were talking about." The last was addressed to the General.

Aino chooses to paint the walls.
AinO
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Perhaps he would draw up a blueprint, or at least some hastily written notes on the state of the smaller weapons cabinet. Rather impressed with how it turned out, the beast wrote out a few details on a smaller piece of parchment, and then once he’d finished, pocketed it for another day.

Besides, there were more tasks at hand.

Painting and decorating were not actually in his repertoire. Anyone who’d ever been to his home knew it was a Spartan layout: necessities, a few tokens, gifts from friends, lanterns from prior years’, and the rest left up to space and weaponry. So he snorted at Aino’s insinuation, glancing over his shoulder, and nodding at the indication of dinners and discussions of wheeled chairs. Before he made a bee line straight for Lilly.

What would you like for a bed? conjured from him to the pup as he crouched before her. It wouldn’t make sense for him to not include her in the plans and movements of creation – so he waited, and then began once she’d indicated her wishes.

--

Deimos asks Lilly what'd she like for a bed and then attempts to make it.
Sah Lovi
the Wild Thunder
Hunter

Change author:
Sah
Only in the dark
of night
Aino does in fact get a decent amount of paint on the floor. But at least she managed  to keep it to a minimum, and clean it after. But apart from that, the painting goes smoothly. A few coats to actually paint it, and then a few more to cover up mistakes. But the walls get done and the result is a nice light, soothing, icy-blue. It pairs nicely with the dark couch and wood.

Deimos had some manner of luck. The only issue is that Lilly is a pup. A pup who upon being asked her opinion is ecstatic. Entire body wagging, she throws out a massive list of ideas.  It takes a good bit of back and forth before the Sword and pup can agree on a design. They eventfully settle on a little forest-themed cave bed. Likely a far more complex design then Deimos' was ready for. But the small little nook, tucking into the corner of the wall is perfect. A plush bed that somehow looks like a stone cave, with a mossy-looking inside and even a little mossy drape to cover the entrance. It's even big enough that it'll fit her when she's full grown. The entire process takes the rest of the day due to the complexity. But Lilly is even more ecstatic and keeps thanking Deimos repeatedly. He made the little pup's day.

Sah has the hardest time. Mostly because, what even goes into décor? He included it because Ilma said it was necessary, but his house has none for a reason. Sah has no idea what he's doing. He eventually decides to place a set of antlers just over the front door. A set that he'd previously carved stars and mountains into. Sah also adds a sign that simply says 'Hunting Commissions.' After a moment he also adds an 'Open/Close' bit just underneath. The door done, the Abandoned looks towards the interior and is instantly overwhelmed. Sah eventually goes for a simple idea. A nice soft, white rug as well as some dark curtains. It's simple but goes well with the colors of the room. Giving a pleased nod, he decides to stop while he's ahead.

Overall the little hunting center turns out great. There are a few things that'll likely need further work, but nothing that Sah can't do alone. And he loves the outcome regardless. Turning to wards Aino and Deimos, he gives a grateful smile. "Thank you both so much. It's perfect." And he means it. The place is cozy but has all that he needs. Lilly is already sleeping in her new bed, tail wagging in her sleep somehow. She loves it too.  

"Ilma said she wanted us to visit after, right? Let's go."

It's over!! Yay! Thank you both so much! If you want to get a last post in, you have 48 hours. After that, I'll archive it.
do the stars
shine bright
Deimos Ignatius
the Resurrected Sword

Change author:
DEIMOS
Excitement and exhilaration hadn’t been in his mind for quite some time – so it was a shock to feel it so readily in the companion’s movements, motions, and requests. With a steady laugh and resolute patience, he attempted to create the aspects Lilly was looking for: forest-themes, nooks and crannies, moss laden as if she were back in another time, another world.

Eventually, when it was done and his brain had endured a multitude of barrages, he gave the beast one last pat on the head before sighing, relinquishing from his crouch, and stretching back out into the rest of the void. Everyone else seemed to have done decently, and he had no judgement for Sah’s décor arranging (since Deimos himself had nearly none either). Simplicity, at least when someone was starting out, seemed to the best maneuver.

He turned and nodded towards the Abandoned, dusting off his hands, stomach rumbling quietly, muffling his snort at the last reverberation. “You are welcome.” And hopefully before long, they’d have the promise of dinner too.