[se] could be ghosts or monsters or a robot-vampire
Nikolai Moriya
Scholar /Bookseller

Age: 28 | Height: 6'1" | Race: Ascended | Nationality: Natural | Citizenship: Hollowed Grounds
Level: 4 - Strg: 15 - Dext: 16 - Endr: 16 - Luck: 14 - Int:
Played by: Blackbird Offline
Change author:
MP: 0
Nikolai
We are only haunted by the things we refuse to accept
-Bridgett Devoue
Nikolai returns her fanged grin with a small one of his own. "Awesome." The clear approval has the very tips of his ears just barely blushing. The young Ascended really wasn't great at dealing with compliments or even mild approval. Hopefully he'd one day be able to accept a basic compliment without floundering.

But Wessex's inquiry turns his mood on it's axis. It has Nikolai grimacing, and he has to bite his tongue to keep himself in check. Though the anger must have been clear on his face. "Bad." He summarizes, hands curling into fists. "My father is an avid follower of the Old Gods. A fanatic, even. He had countless opinions on everything. What was moral, what a proper hobby was, how a 'man' should be, etc." Nikolai stated the word 'father' with loathing as if it were a curse.

Humorless laughter escaped him as he continued. "Growing up, it didn't affect me so much. I just thought it was normal, that my mother's silence was just her silent agreement. But one day, my mom finally spoke up. Said that she was considering Ascending. He flipped."  Nikolai was nearly trembling with suppressed rage as he recalled the events of that day.

"Words were exchanged and my father forced her to leave. Said that she wasn't welcome, that her being there would corrupt his son." The young Ascended snarled, a vicious grin forming. "When she stormed out, I rounded on him. Broke his jaw, and my hand. Then I followed my mom out and went straight to the Voice. Both my mom and I Ascended that day, bought our own house the next. I'll never regret it." It had been the best decision of his life. Both he and his mom were far happier now, their house filled with laughter and love.
Resilience is born even when we feel like we are dying
-Alex Elle

Messages In This Thread
RE: [se] could be ghosts or monsters or a robot-vampire - by Nikolai - 07-09-2021, 08:44 PM